Rachael Flatt tries to work out kinks | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt tries to work out kinks

Kinga

Medalist
I am really surprised with Urmanov's comments. I remember him at Europeans in 1993 (I think), where he appeared very unfit, and with few extra pounds of weight. I guess he should know better....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish she'd stay away from Tom Z. He isn't good for her health and well-being. I'm sure Josh Farris would agree to that!

macy

Record Breaker
I wish she'd stay away from Tom Z. He isn't good for her health and well-being. I'm sure Josh Farris would agree to that!

why josh farris?

i'm not too keen on the fact she's going back to train with him for a couple weeks either, but at least it's not permenant. but i have to say, i LOVE her attitude in that article. that's the mindset she needs to have. I will be happy if she just puts out two good skates at nationals no matter how she places. even though she hasn't placed well in her competitions this season so far, i have a ton of respect for her looking past what people expect of her and continuing to train hard despite her busy schedule. that's commitment.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tom Z encouraged Josh Farris to skate at Nationals last year despite a painful injury. Josh tried to do his FS but injured himself even further, and had to leave the ice crying his eyes out, the pain was so bad. All Tom Z had to say was: "Didn't that feel good?". Josh bawled "NO!!!!"

Soon after, Josh changed coaches to Christy Krall and Damon Allen.

I wish Brandon Mroz would get wise and seek new coaching as well. His skating has deteriorated badly. Brandon used to be good technically, but his presentation was meh. Now, trying to land quads has disrupted all his triples and his jumps are as bad as his presentation.

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wish Brandon Mroz would get wise and seek new coaching as well. His skating has deteriorated badly. Brandon used to be good technically, but his presentation was meh. Now, trying to land quads has disrupted all his triples and his jumps are as bad as his presentation.

Yes, Brandon falls apart in competition now, but I just saw him in Holiday Dreams on Ice Dec. 23. His jumps looked really strong (he only popped one...) and his presentation of Greased Lightning had some spunk and pizzazz! The girls in the audience sure liked it!