Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST

Custom Title
    Poor Rachel, a clean program with no UR and she ends up 8th? Making the world team this year is really not looking good. :(

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I have a problem with Alena program when she starts her footwork, i m not freaking out when skaters pose and that kind, but her moves are like she is in a photoshoot or something? I just cringe on that very moment. Otherwise her footwork is fun. I m used by now to see her having that kind of fun programs, what i really hate is the mix music in Lp - the whole program actually. Her sp at least is happy.
    Adelina! I love Adelina's new dress, much better than the blue trousers, it is very girly and black suits her. Her spins and extentions are wonderful. I think she is rushing on her choreography, especially after the jumps, the same impact I have for Liza also, like they want to end it fast. She is not doing it in her exhibition though.

Mao the ressurection! Strange hands as someone said but overall her skate is like a feather! Her costume is dreamy also. This comeback is the best ever!

I like Haruka, and for one more reason, her name in greek means joyful, so I think of it whenever I watch her. And Sofia is really nice to watch, I hope she goes to Euros!
    The rest I dont remember.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Nice clean performance by Mao, but the whole time I was thinking whom would I pick to be World Champion this year ~ Mao? Carolina? Alissa?
    If they all skate clean, my pick for the short would be:

1. Carolina (for her speed, explosive jumps when perfect, lots of transitions and best choreography in my mind)
    2. Mao (on the assumption of only 2A. She may beat Carolina with 3A.)
    3. Alissa (graceful but lacking transitions)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    First, it really annoys me that the British eurosport commentators said Asada only won the short because of her reputation. Seriously? Did they not watch her skate? Imo, she was in a class of her own, and what more do the judges want? She should be getting at least 8's in PCS! :P

Second, where in Alena's program are there transitions or choreography worthy of 7 and 7.50? I absolutely agree that her skating skills, performance and interpretation should be in the 7-8 range, but the program is stripped of transitions and the choreography/composition sucks! No offence, but it shouldn't take 1 minute to perform a SlSt!
    Agreed. Mao's footwork was effortless, while the Russians' looked labored. Alena's programs were full of rest stops for her feet. The judges must have had a happy meal this morning. Everyone was overscored. The top three ordinal was correct though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Mao the ressurection! Strange hands as someone said but overall her skate is like a feather! Her costume is dreamy also. This comeback is the best ever!
    I agree. Mao's short is her best since her Nocturne of several years ago. And this year, she has a great long program to go with it. I'm hoping for two clean performances from Mao, a rarity, these days.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I agree. Mao's short is her best since her Nocturne of several years ago. And this year, she has a great long program to go with it. I'm hoping for two clean performances from Mao, a rarity, these days.
    I'm sure that with her confidence back we will see many clean skates from her. It's strange because with Mao, it's either very good or very bad. I don't remember ever thinking about one of her programs "it was so and so". Like I've said, it's either a disaster or a very good performance. Last season it was very bad but I like what we are seeing this season so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I'm sure that with her confidence back we will see many clean skates from her. It's strange because with Mao, it's either very good or very bad. I don't remember ever thinking about one of her programs "it was so and so". Like I've said, it's either a disaster or a very good performance. Last season it was very bad but I like what we are seeing this season so far

well last season Mao was reworking her jumps right before the season began due to her finding a coach so late in the season, so it was unavoidable for her to have had the start that she had, but I'm soo thrilled to see her hard work and determination finally paying off... I really admire her soo much after taking such a risky and hard decision... she really is such an impressive skater ad love the fact that her programs are always soo unique which makes them so memorable compared to the other ladies!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Poor Rachel, a clean program with no UR and she ends up 8th? Making the world team this year is really not looking good. :(
    You may have thought the same thing last year but she made it there. Wagner and Nagasu are the only ones who can compete for the second spot assuming Czisny will continue to be good and Wagner and Nagasu have major nationals problems recently.

Good that Mao is doing well. At least when she goes backwards in jumps she is still ahead of most.

Custom Title
    Sadly with this crop of US Ladies Rachel has a good chance to make the World team again and bomb.

Custom Title
    Christina Gao!!!

I'll keep cheering for Haruka.

Custom Title
    I noticed she has level 3 spins now. Did she always have that? It seems a bit low, and she's not exactly racking up the GOEs on them either.

The East of Eden music works for her. My mother calls it Michelle's lucky music.

Custom Title
    I love Alena. I'm sorry, I know she lacks in skating skills but she just gets so into her programs and their typically goofy nature suits her so well somehow. Really happy to see how well she's done this year, I don't want her to get passed over by the gaggle of incoming pixies.

Mao needs to keep the 3A out of it. She only needed it for Kim. Every other lady in the world at this point is but dust on her shoulders assuming relatively clean skates.

Poor Rachel, it seems any goodwill she previously had from international judges has completely evaporated.

Custom Title
    Mao Mao, I am so happy for her. Her skate is so smooth and effortless. Wonderful quality. Nadine, do not worry, she will put 3A at worlds, which makes the selection so easy for you

Rachel--Robbed. Really sad.
    Haruka- I love her soft arms, wonderful expression, fast spins, beautiful smiles. This girl will be something in the future . Watch out!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I meant that two clean skates are a rarity from any of the ladies, not just Mao.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    i meant that two clean skates are a rarity from any of the ladies, not just mao.
    My bad! You are completely right. We rarely see clean skates(both Sp and Lp) today.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast