Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alena's skating is a hot mess. Yes she performs the hell out of her programs and has good speed and jumps but where is the choreography? Having said that the american girls need to watch Alena at least she has energy and performs when she skates. That's why it irritates me when someone like Mirai just sleepwalks through her programs and skates with no speed or attack.. Alena actually skates like she wants to be on the ice and wants to win.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Awesome performance from Leonova. Great attack with sense of humor. The 3/3 toeloop with great speed, hight and length must be the best among the ladies for now. I love that she dares to do something different from the many soft ladies programs. She could well have been in first place. Mao's performance was nice… nice and safe. Hope she shows more GO tomorrow.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Beautiful skate from Mao she was on and has such a presence on the ice, loved it. Happy for Alena excellent skated program, have not seen protocols yet
but did she have the highest tes? Her program is growing on me.

US ladies and Kiri Korpi ouch.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Any video playback for Adelina's SP ?

she was thinking too much, nerves again ? :disapp:
I hope she can still improve and maybe bump Alena, still hoping Adelina gets to go to GPF with Mao
a 3rd finish again for Adelina will not be good

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Adelina would have landed the combo, she would have scored over 65 for sure, I'm guessing close to 70! This must be encouraging for her

She did a combo on her second jumping pass. What was her score? 58? She would probably be bunched up somewhere with Mao and Leonova, probably in second.

ETA: I also hate her costume and think her program is a generic COP program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0619eIbvZY
While I think she has a nice presence on the ice, I actually thought Rachael Flatt's program was more interesting from a choreographic and musical standpoint. Mao was the class of this field. If anything, she is being under-marked on PCS.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
thanks
agree, probably somewhere 64-65.
wishing all the ladies the best again for tommorow

and especially to Mao and Adelina, Good Luck again, lets see what they will bring tomorow :)

alexeifan

On the Ice
I found Mao a little slower than usual, especially one of her camel spins. Adelina and Mao both seems slightly slow or hesitant on the footwork. Very happy tho they are both 1 and 3 so they should make the final I would guess.

figureskate

On the Ice
alena and mao received level 4 on footwork...great choice for mao going for a double axel, the level of women figure skating does not need a triple axel (it's such a pity...). For me Alena is a little bit too much...

figureskate

On the Ice
I found Mao a little slower than usual, especially one of her camel spins. Adelina and Mao both seems slightly slow or hesitant on the footwork. Very happy tho they are both 1 and 3 so they should make the final I would guess.
mao would probably (almost surey) go to the final. The last spot will be contended by alena and adelina who both were third in a grand prix competition

mary01

Final Flight
Mao Asada was beautiful, her SP is really special and unique, really a class on her own. I also really liked Haruka imai and Adelina...but alena ewww that was some really mediecore skate I have never seen such a chezzy choregraphy..

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
alena and mao received level 4 on footwork...great choice for mao going for a double axel, the level of women figure skating does not need a triple axel (it's such a pity...). For me Alena is a little bit too much...

One judge gave Alena all 8s and above on the PCS--anonymous judging needs to go. Alena should be further behind Mao than she is. But at least her program didn't look like everyone else's ( though it was very front-loaded). I also would like it if Alena would comb her hair before she skates. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

been watching it
don't know what the commentators are saying at the last clip( spanish )
but clearly the girl is still spooked, Adelina still cant get over her nerves .
home turf and still nervous ? must be pressure and setting the bar higher on what Elizaveta did.

this what separates Adelina from Elizaveta, where Liza has her confidence miles above Adelina's
Adelina will be plagued by inconsistencies if she never gets over her nerves, I understand it must be frighthing to adjust competing with seniors now
but I just hope she gets over it soon, I think Mao and Alena will go for the last GPF Spot. I could be wrong depends on how the performance comes tommorow

treeloving

Medalist
Alena really gave 100% for her performance;but, she deserve better choreography. She stop and pose around 4 time in this program.:sheesh:

yangjie

On the Ice
Leonova's steps got level 4, what a ridiculous!
In that case ,Kostoner's should be level 10!!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
been watching it
don't know what the commentators are saying at the last clip( spanish )
but clearly the girl is still spooked, Adelina still cant get over her nerves .
home turf and still nervous ? must be pressure and setting the bar higher on what Elizaveta did.

this what separates Adelina from Elizaveta, where Liza has her confidence miles above Adelina's
Adelina will be plagued by inconsistencies if she never gets over her nerves, I understand it must be frighthing to adjust competing with seniors now
but I just hope she gets over it soon, I think Mao and Alena will go for the last GPF Spot. I could be wrong depends on how the performance comes tommorow

Adelina must not had problems with nerves last season considering she dominated Liza in every competition they went head to head. Adelina is going through a growth spurt which Liza hasn't had to deal with yet. Not only that everyone has been annointing Adelina as the next Olympic champion 3 years out from Sochi so she's feeling the pressure also. Let's see Liza deal with all that next season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

Adelina already survived her 1st growth spurt which was on 2009 and I have no doubt she will survive her 2nd growth spurt now
but I do agree the pressure is creeping up her nerves. I wont count on Liza growing that much she belongs to a tiny known ethnic group of volga finns
Im hoping for a better performance tommorow so that Adelina and Liza can square off at GPF

jatale

On the Ice
My favorite SP was Alena's. She skated with energy and passion and it showed, I hope she wins the LP. Mao's SP left me cold, her jumps were really good, but her choreography was boring and her arm gestures were repetitive and robot-like, she needs to inject more personality into her performances IMO. I'm so proud of Rachel, she skated well but didn't get much credit for it, she is a true competitor. I'm devastated for Christina, she was so sad after her SP, I just wanted to tell her what a beautiful skater she is and I hope she does much better in her LP.