Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST

christinaskater

Medalist
Hypnotic arm movements! I guess we all have to watch out for her as well! She is eligible for Europeans and worlds!!! She is exciting!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haruka Imai (JPN)

3Lz+2T - probably flutz, or was it a flip? Danish commentators say lutz
3Lo
FCSp
2A - a bit low
CiSt
LSp
CCoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Clean performance by the Japanese girl (aka 3/2, 3R, 2A), but my pet peeve is that she needs to straighten her free leg on the donut spin, but her last spin was relatively fast. Still another pretty pretty skater...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt (USA)

3F+2T
3Lo
FCSp
LSp
2A
SlSt
CCoSp

Clean short... let's see how she does tomorrow.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gorgeous performance by Rach, ahhhh what a difference a clean performance makes, puts a smile on my face and a joy in my heart. LOVE the music as well. And I would love it if Rach would put in a stag jump or two, as well as a split falling leaf.

Thus far, best out of all the American ladies.

Good job! :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mao Asada (JPN)

2A - no 3A, but very nice
3F+2Lo
FSSp
3Lo
CCoSp
SlSt
LSp

Very nice performace... nice smile at the end.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice clean performance by Mao, but the whole time I was thinking whom would I pick to be World Champion this year ~ Mao? Carolina? Alissa?

None of them are power jumpers, jump about the same, and they all have really good artistry/presentation, so I suppose if they all skate clean it will be a case of apples or oranges, whatever the judges like best on that night. Reminds me of the 1994 Olympic debates between G&G versus M&D. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I watched half of Kiira's skate, no offense against her, but I decided not to watch the rest, let alone Leonova. :p

Seriously, ladiezzz is boring. *insert sleep emoticon*

Now I'm just biding my time until the mens, force to watch pairs next, then finally the men (crossing my fingers that Evgeni Plushenko is in the audience). :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alena Leonova (RUS)

3T+3T - nice speed
3F
2A
LSp
SlSt
FSSp
CCoSp

Clean performance... should be enough for a close 2nd (or 1st if the judges go with it)

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
This is the first time I've watched Sofia and I really liked what I saw.
Alena's SP is actually more interesting than I had expectated.
Mao is lovely. So good to see her smile again.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
First, it really annoys me that the British eurosport commentators said Asada only won the short because of her reputation. Seriously? Did they not watch her skate? Imo, she was in a class of her own, and what more do the judges want? She should be getting at least 8's in PCS! :p

Second, where in Alena's program are there transitions or choreography worthy of 7 and 7.50? :disapp: I absolutely agree that her skating skills, performance and interpretation should be in the 7-8 range, but the program is stripped of transitions and the choreography/composition sucks! No offence, but it shouldn't take 1 minute to perform a SlSt! :rolleye:

Third, Sotnikova seems to be thinking too much. Her mistakes are basically because of hesitations. Same goes with Korpi

Fourth, can the ladies become any more boring? :p lol!

Sofia was a nice surprise, but she certainly has a job to do with her PCS... :)

christinaskater

Medalist
Mao and Adelina are the best skaters here! Lovely, lovely!

I can see the influence of Mao and Yu-Na in the skating of Adelina!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thanks!

Oops, should not have used quick reply. I was trying to thank icemusings. I'm just over-excited lol.

Last edited: