Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST | Golden Skate

Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hee hee, I'm starting it almost 1 1/2 hrs. early. :cool:

It's been a long day so I took a short nap and am fired to go, but unfortunately the clock keeps ticking...

Can't believe it's the last of the GPs (not counting the Final of course). Every year it's like a 1-2 punch, crazy times, crazy schedule, but I wouldn't miss it for the World! :love:

Here's hoping to see some great skating, and some unusual upsets:

:rock:GOOD LUCK TO ALL!:rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omgosh can't believe I almost missed it fiddling around with my computer. *sheesh*

Back just in time, announces states 1 minutes left to go! :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice debut by this 17yr. old Russian, hit all her elements (aka 3T/3T, 3R, 2A), but not much there. Not surprised Volchkova is her coach, she was the same way imho.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol looking at Adelina is like looking at my 14 yr. old baby niece on skates, not only do they look alike (same baby face) but they also dress alike! :eek:

Too bad about the fall, maybe Mishin being in the audience spooked her, whatever the case, she has to get nerves of steel like Elizaveta. But then again that's why I like her, she shows emotion, Elizaveta does not imho.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry to say but Agnes is my so-called refrigerator break, without the jumps (& she fell on her opening one), there honestly isn't much there, sad to say. :(

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lol looking at Adelina is like looking at my 14 yr. old baby niece on skates, not only do they look alike (same baby face) but they also dress alike! :eek:

Too bad about the fall, maybe Mishin being in the audience spooked her, whatever the case, she has to get nerves of steel like Elizaveta. But then again that's why I like her, she shows emotion, Elizaveta does not imho.

Just because Elizaveta holds her nerves better doesn't mean she shows no emotion!
I love love love Adelina's program and even despite the fall, her program looked much better than it did in China. Still, she has the same technique as Mao on her 3Lz, a deep outside edge going in the jump but on the take off she switches on the inside edge. She has to work on it as soon as possible!

icemusings

On the Ice
Nice debut by this 17yr. old Russian, hit all her elements (aka 3T/3T, 3R, 2A), but not much there. Not surprised Volchkova is her coach, she was the same way imho.

Biryukova was also at Cup of Russia last season and finished well in the SP.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
If Adelina would have landed the combo, she would have scored over 65 for sure, I'm guessing close to 70! This must be encouraging for her

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina Gao (USA)

3F - stepout
2A - fall, perhaps UR
1Lz - flutz
LSp
FSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Not her day... Too bad

Nadine

Record Breaker
What a splatfest this competition is turning out to be. :cry:

Gao falls on her 2A, pops another jump, but the 3F was big & beautiful, and she has way more to offer than Agnes when it comes to the in betweens.

OH WOW, she was crying when she got off the ice, and Brian said "don't be sorry, put on a brave face".

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well the Canadian with the fascinating sparkling light green eyes seems to have done a good job, really enjoyed her fast cool broken leg spin. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
They announced Herr Cinquanta in the audience, and he took his bows. ;)

Now the 2nd group is on the ice.

Please, please please, I hope this group is not as boring as the first. Except for the charisma/aura that Adelina brings with her, nobody else shone imho.

Nadine

Record Breaker
They totally deleted poor Rach out of any show time, whereas Kira Korpi has the camera on her at all times, btw watching Mao is like watching Michelle circa 1996 Worlds (emotional).

And the 2006 Olympic Champion Arakawa is the Japanese announcer. :)