Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Any video playback for Adelina's SP ?

she was thinking too much, nerves again ?
    I hope she can still improve and maybe bump Alena, still hoping Adelina gets to go to GPF with Mao
    a 3rd finish again for Adelina will not be good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0619eIbvZY

Banned
    ^
    thanks
    agree, probably somewhere 64-65.
    wishing all the ladies the best again for tommorow

and especially to Mao and Adelina, Good Luck again, lets see what they will bring tomorow

I found Mao a little slower than usual, especially one of her camel spins. Adelina and Mao both seems slightly slow or hesitant on the footwork. Very happy tho they are both 1 and 3 so they should make the final I would guess.

Custom Title
    alena and mao received level 4 on footwork...great choice for mao going for a double axel, the level of women figure skating does not need a triple axel (it's such a pity...). For me Alena is a little bit too much...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    I found Mao a little slower than usual, especially one of her camel spins. Adelina and Mao both seems slightly slow or hesitant on the footwork. Very happy tho they are both 1 and 3 so they should make the final I would guess.
    mao would probably (almost surey) go to the final. The last spot will be contended by alena and adelina who both were third in a grand prix competition

Mao Asada was beautiful, her SP is really special and unique, really a class on her own. I also really liked Haruka imai and Adelina...but alena ewww that was some really mediecore skate I have never seen such a chezzy choregraphy..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    alena and mao received level 4 on footwork...great choice for mao going for a double axel, the level of women figure skating does not need a triple axel (it's such a pity...). For me Alena is a little bit too much...
    One judge gave Alena all 8s and above on the PCS--anonymous judging needs to go. Alena should be further behind Mao than she is. But at least her program didn't look like everyone else's ( though it was very front-loaded). I also would like it if Alena would comb her hair before she skates.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    been watching it
    don't know what the commentators are saying at the last clip( spanish )
    but clearly the girl is still spooked, Adelina still cant get over her nerves .
    home turf and still nervous ? must be pressure and setting the bar higher on what Elizaveta did.

this what separates Adelina from Elizaveta, where Liza has her confidence miles above Adelina's
    Adelina will be plagued by inconsistencies if she never gets over her nerves, I understand it must be frighthing to adjust competing with seniors now
    but I just hope she gets over it soon, I think Mao and Alena will go for the last GPF Spot. I could be wrong depends on how the performance comes tommorow

Custom Title
    Alena really gave 100% for her performance;but, she deserve better choreography. She stop and pose around 4 time in this program.:sheesh:

Custom Title
    Leonova's steps got level 4, what a ridiculous!
    In that case ,Kostoner's should be level 10!!

Custom Title
    ^
    thanks
    agree, probably somewhere 64-65.
    She lost about 4 points for the fall on the lutz, which would have given her around a 62.

Custom Title
    been watching it
    don't know what the commentators are saying at the last clip( spanish )
    but clearly the girl is still spooked, Adelina still cant get over her nerves .
    home turf and still nervous ? must be pressure and setting the bar higher on what Elizaveta did.

this what separates Adelina from Elizaveta, where Liza has her confidence miles above Adelina's
    Adelina will be plagued by inconsistencies if she never gets over her nerves, I understand it must be frighthing to adjust competing with seniors now
    but I just hope she gets over it soon, I think Mao and Alena will go for the last GPF Spot. I could be wrong depends on how the performance comes tommorow
    Adelina must not had problems with nerves last season considering she dominated Liza in every competition they went head to head. Adelina is going through a growth spurt which Liza hasn't had to deal with yet. Not only that everyone has been annointing Adelina as the next Olympic champion 3 years out from Sochi so she's feeling the pressure also. Let's see Liza deal with all that next season.

Banned
    ^

Adelina already survived her 1st growth spurt which was on 2009 and I have no doubt she will survive her 2nd growth spurt now
    but I do agree the pressure is creeping up her nerves. I wont count on Liza growing that much she belongs to a tiny known ethnic group of volga finns
    Im hoping for a better performance tommorow so that Adelina and Liza can square off at GPF

Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I also would like it if Alena would comb her hair before she skates.
    But people who sees lady figure skating as a beauty contest should be thrilled

Custom Title
    My favorite SP was Alena's. She skated with energy and passion and it showed, I hope she wins the LP. Mao's SP left me cold, her jumps were really good, but her choreography was boring and her arm gestures were repetitive and robot-like, she needs to inject more personality into her performances IMO. I'm so proud of Rachel, she skated well but didn't get much credit for it, she is a true competitor. I'm devastated for Christina, she was so sad after her SP, I just wanted to tell her what a beautiful skater she is and I hope she does much better in her LP.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast