Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93

Thread: Ladies SP, Friday, 11/25/11 6AM EST

  1. #76
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    My bad! You are completely right. We rarely see clean skates(both Sp and Lp) today.
    Sad when they are actually playing it safe, in contrast to the Men.

  2. #77
    Edgy Details
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cracow
    Posts
    795
    I admire Alena's charisma and energy, she gives out everything on the ice. But that program... I cringe when I look at the multiple cheap posing and so called 'choreography'. I also do not think she is that fast. Her footwork looks heavy and laboured.

    I cannot understand Korpi's scoring. 55 for 3T-2T, 3R with turnout and a single axel? Really?? And that scores higher than Haruka's more difficult, clean and lovely program? Higher than Rachel? Almost as high as Biryukova, who had a 3-3 and 3R and by any means is not a plain skater? Sorry, but it starts to be very annoying. She does not have any particular 'signature' element - her jumps, spins, footwork are just average. If she had executed the 2A, judges would have not hesistated to put her in 3rd, very close to the top 2. And it does not seem right. JMO

    My placements:
    Mao
    Alena (yes, although I hate that program)
    Haruka
    Sofia
    Adelina (I adore her extension and I like the program very much. But she must nail that combo)
    Rachel

  3. #78
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    854
    Why did Haruka get negative GOE on her loop? That was a real beauty. Also, she skates very fast, has good TR, CH, PE, and IN in this SP...I would have at least tied her with Adelina in PCS at least.

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Why did Haruka get negative GOE on her loop? That was a real beauty. Also, she skates very fast, has good TR, CH, PE, and IN in this SP...I would have at least tied her with Adelina in PCS at least.
    That was weird, some judges gave her a -1. I would've given +1 or +2. The judges were off. They probably held her down because she's a new skater.

    Also she's Japan's #6 skater or something
    Last edited by brightphoton; 11-25-2011 at 05:04 PM.

  5. #80
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    I admire Alena's charisma and energy, she gives out everything on the ice. But that program... I cringe when I look at the multiple cheap posing and so called 'choreography'. I also do not think she is that fast. Her footwork looks heavy and laboured.

    I cannot understand Korpi's scoring. 55 for 3T-2T, 3R with turnout and a single axel? Really?? And that scores higher than Haruka's more difficult, clean and lovely program? Higher than Rachel? Almost as high as Biryukova, who had a 3-3 and 3R and by any means is not a plain skater? Sorry, but it starts to be very annoying. She does not have any particular 'signature' element - her jumps, spins, footwork are just average. If she had executed the 2A, judges would have not hesistated to put her in 3rd, very close to the top 2. And it does not seem right. JMO

    My placements:
    Mao
    Alena (yes, although I hate that program)
    Haruka
    Sofia
    Adelina (I adore her extension and I like the program very much. But she must nail that combo)
    Rachel
    I'm not sure I totally agree, but what difference do the placements make? There is only about a 5 point difference between third and eighth so Rachael or others with low rankings can move up, especially if higher ranked skaters falter in the long. Of course, she and others could move down, too, but it all depends on the number of points, not where the judges think they rank compared to other skaters.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Sadly with this crop of US Ladies Rachel has a good chance to make the World team again and bomb.
    Even with the weakness of the US ladies field, I think the Nationals judges are really going to come down on her hard. For her not to be able to place higher than 8th in a GP event when she hits all her elements it's pretty clear she won't be able to place high enough internationally to get us 3 spots in 2013. It's tough because I feel like if she earns it at Nationals she should get to go, but really I'd rather see an inconsistent skater like Mirai or Ashley go because at least there's a possibility for a top 10 finish for them, which I don't think is the case for a clean Rachel.

  7. #82
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,967
    Hrm...I expected Mao's SP to get better if she just went for a planned 2Axel for right now in the season instead of worrying about the 3Axel, but it didn't. This cut of music is very ineffective. There are so many different sounds happening that it is impossible for the skater to match them; it makes Mao's movements seem incongruous at times.

  8. #83
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,038
    Wow Agnes looks like she grew taller even more from her first comp this season. I just can't enjoy her skating. Her legs and slowness bother me.

    Mao looks better than the last competition. She looks so happy now. Love her and her speed.

  9. #84
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637
    Alena ... I don't know. She is doing so well this season and I am happy for her and would not change the results but she overacts. It kind of bugged me tonight. It was trying too hard. And her footwork ... Is it supposed to be circular or serpentine or what? I can never tell. Still, it is obvious what a hard worker she is. Good for her.

    I am so happy for Mao. I don't love her program the way some do but each time she has skated this season I have felt that she is in a class all her own, regardless of the scores or results. I just hope she continues to get stronger this season and eventually gets back to where she once was or even better.

    Rachael looked strong. I'll have to look at the protocols but maybe her lower placement was just due to her usual weaknesses. Anyway, kudos to her for a decent program given all the pressure she was under. She was still the best of the three Americans.

    I hear everyone about Kiira but maybe she gets the extra points for being a graceful skater? It is supposed to be a graceful sport after all.

    Poor Cristina. I have always been skeptical about her and this season isn't doing anything to make me jump on her bandwagon for good. But I certainly root for her to finally get her stuff together and have her day. How old is she, 18? You never know. She could be an Alissa or better yet a Joannie Rochette.

    I also thought Haruka's 3 loop was solid! Hers was one of the programs I enjoyed the most. I wish she had placed higher.

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Hrm...I expected Mao's SP to get better if she just went for a planned 2Axel for right now in the season instead of worrying about the 3Axel, but it didn't. This cut of music is very ineffective. There are so many different sounds happening that it is impossible for the skater to match them; it makes Mao's movements seem incongruous at times.
    I dislike the music, the choreography and the costume. The best part of the program is her beautiful face, so sweet and adorable. She ties with Alissa Czisny, both winning the beauty pageant (if there is one for skaters) for their natural grace and lovely personality.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 11-25-2011 at 08:20 PM.

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,610
    Flatt can't replace a Lutz attempt with a loop! That's not going to work for her. As far as I look- flip, lutz, axel for her in SPs.

  12. #87
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Alena ... I don't know. She is doing so well this season and I am happy for her and would not change the results but she overacts. It kind of bugged me tonight. It was trying too hard. And her footwork ... Is it supposed to be circular or serpentine or what? I can never tell. Still, it is obvious what a hard worker she is. Good for her.
    All I can think of is Mirai skating a better program to this music. She's probably excited because she's in Russia however she's just not a skater that I truly enjoy.


    Love Haruka. I didn't know who she was before this season.

    Not surprised by Rachel and her scores. She just doesn't flow on the ice. It's just labored skating to me but I'm happy that she had a much better skate than the last time.
    Last edited by lavender; 11-25-2011 at 10:29 PM.

  13. #88
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Gorgeous performance by Rach, ahhhh what a difference a clean performance makes, puts a smile on my face and a joy in my heart. LOVE the music as well. And I would love it if Rach would put in a stag jump or two, as well as a split falling leaf.

    Thus far, best out of all the American ladies.

    Good job!
    and shes at stanford...go rachel flatt-awesome girl...5th? nadine you r so funny..

  14. #89
    Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    a tiny island
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Alena really gave 100% for her performance;but, she deserve better choreography. She stop and pose around 4 time in this program.:sheesh:
    Yes, it was a good performance, but I'm not warming up to her SP this season at all! Those poses really made me cringe.

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Her choreographer is Nikolai Morozov, am I right? Sorry if I am wrong, but he's getting a reputation of packaging his male students as sexy rock stars and female students as sexy.....
    Is that what the audience want? It reminds me of a comment I heard in actual life: "Not many guys like watching figure skating, which attracts gays and perverts that hope to get a peekaboo view of the young girl's crotch." I watch figure skating for art, not sex. Those poses irritate my eyes.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •