Mens SP, Friday, 11/25/11, 9:45AM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mens SP, Friday, 11/25/11, 9:45AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice quad, weird 3/3 popped into 2/3, and low landing of his free leg on the 3A. Also, needs to work on his camel spin. Otherwise, good job, into 1st. :)

wallylutz

Medalist
Fernandez showed improvement from Skate Canada already despite the error on the Lutz - very impressive showing. He has to be regarded as a contender this year.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Interesting, Nadine. In a way Mroz looks more juniorish to me. He doesn't look as though he feels he belongs on the international ice to me. But he seemed a bit more comfortable than usual today so I'm happy for him.

Nope, not me, Brandon is 110% a grown man. And to my eyes he totally feels like he belongs. But different strokes for different folks. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Darn, missed half of Hanyu's due to a crash. Anyways, I expected him to do well in SP, but with the quad fall, there goes his chances and BOP's hope for a spot at the GPF.

wallylutz

Medalist
Hanyu looks like Johnny Weir out there, from costume to posture but with a little more power and a Quad.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Yuzuru didn't hit the quad attempt, but his spins are fast and step sequence and choreography are gorgeous! Minus the fall, it's a really good skate for him.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Fall on the quad, but good 3A and 3/3, also nice spins, most likely into 2nd, but close call. And yep he too is obviously a baby, just like the guy from Canada? They remind me of Michael Jackson before he got the musculature of a grown man, which admittedly took a long long time. :biggrin:

Fernandez seemed a bit slower or more sluggish than at SC to me. He didn't sell it (IMO).

I adore Hanzu and this program suits him to a T. It is a bit shades of Weir & Takahashi though. He skates with abandon. He could use a little more stretch and toe pointing but really what an incredible skater. And into first!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
And he brings it. Jeremy is officially back this season.

That's a Men's skating even without a quad. Sorry, Plush.

treeloving

Medalist
Even Yuzuru himself cannot believe the score he get! He must get hugh GOE!

It a shame thatI miss almost all program as the stream crash!

I also miss half of Jeremy program, but from what I have seen - Perfect!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
All Right, Jeremy. :) Now this is skating of the old school, line, edges, stroking, speed, steps, just classic, makes everything look easy.

Even without a quad I'd put him in 1st.

ps: I'm starting to like this Swing Kids. :D