Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 153

Thread: Mens SP, Friday, 11/25/11, 9:45AM EST

  1. #91
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Maybe that's what was wrong with Javy? He didn't catch fire out there. I wondered if he put on a couple of extra pounds since SC.

  2. #92
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Maybe that's what was wrong with Javy? He didn't catch fire out there. I wondered if he put on a couple of extra pounds since SC.

    But at least both he and Abbott proved they were no flukes this season.

  3. #93
    nefertiti..reincarnate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    865
    Jeremy was absolutely fantastic tonight! Congrats to him and to Yuka for this.

  4. #94
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Brezina has no chance to win. He needs a big lead from the SP and others messing up the LP to get on top of the podium. He might get silver if Jeremy bombs tomorrow but I don't think Jeremy is going to let that happen this time.
    Brezina is still the most experienced and consistent on an international competitive stage. I can see the others flubbing - Abbott would be no different/no surprise.

  5. #95
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Michelle Kwan never made excuses, great champions don't, they take their lumps and deal with it.

    In a way this reminds me of Daisuke Takahashi at the Olympics, I'll never forget his going for the quad in the FS despite people advising against it, but being the warrior that he is he went for it, knowing that the reigning Olympic Mens Champion was doing it, he did as well. The respect I have for him is something you cannot put into words, it's honestly the first thing that comes to mind when I see him skate ~ W-A-R-R-I-O-R.

    Now unto the FS tomorrow night, let's see who goes for it, and who does not.

  6. #96
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Jeremy received three Level 3 elements on two of his spins and on the footwork sequence. Yuzuru achieved all Level 4s on his non-jump elements. Abbott will want to improve on this for future competitions, especially when he faces Takahashi, Chan, and Kozuka.

  7. #97
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,072
    Fantastic short from Jeremy, loved it!!!!!

  8. #98
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Brezina is still the most experienced and consistent on an international competitive stage. I can see the others flubbing - Abbott would be no different/no surprise.
    Brezina is no more experienced internationally than Abbott and Fernandez. But the point is he doesn't have stamina and always messes up his jumps late in the LP. Did you notice he's already tired after his SP? With all his big jumps, he's 4th in Worlds the last 2 years.

  9. #99
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    994
    Too bad Javier did a 2/3 instead of planned 3/3. Also, Javi wasn't as spot-on as at SC. I definitely would rate Javier above Brezina, especially Javi lands his quad so comfortably, and Brezina seems not to want to try landing them anymore. Brezina's skate was fairly boring -- I think the judges are overscoring Brezina on PCS and tend to highly rate him a lot than what he actually shows.

    Hanyu is definitely a prodigy -- he even seems to have improved a bit here in presentation than he showed at CoC, but with the mistake on the quad landing, I would not have scored Hanyu as highly as the judges did. He should have higher PCS than Javi, but I would have had Hanyu more toward 80.50 or 81.00.

    No question, Jeremy's was the program of the comp. He looked very confident on his jumps and all of his elements. He skated smooth and really put on a show. So what that Hanyu is a jumping prodigy -- why does that automatically give Hanyu such higher scores than Jeremy on TES? This is where the judges' judgement is definitely faulty. Jeremy, IMHO, should have scored higher across the board with a total well over 84.00, closer to 85.00 -- Seriously, the judges seem to ignore the difficulty of what Jeremy does. When he's on, like he was here, Jere is clearly superior, even to Chan (because despite Chan's higher than mighty SS, Chan is not as complete a skater as Jeremy when it comes to presentation).

  10. #100
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Oh no, here we were having a wonderful Jeremy love-fest and now it's going to be another Chan-anti-Chan fight. Thanks a lot.

  11. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Jeremy received three Level 3 elements on two of his spins and on the footwork sequence. Yuzuru achieved all Level 4s on his non-jump elements. Abbott will want to improve on this for future competitions, especially when he faces Takahashi, Chan, and Kozuka.
    I definitely don't see Hanyu receiving all level 4s on all his elements. If anything, Jeremy should have. Where and what do you think Jeremy is not doing that he needs to do museksk8r, if by chance you can read the judges' minds.

  12. #102
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Hanyu is definitely a prodigy -- he even seems to have improved a bit here in presentation than he showed at CoC, but with the mistake on the quad landing, I would not have scored Hanyu as highly as the judges did. He should have higher PCS than Javi, but I would have had Hanyu more toward 80.50 or 81.00.
    The reason he scored high in tech even he fell on quad is that he achive level 4 in every non jump element, combine with fully rotated quad and that many of the men didn't have the perfect jump tonight, his base value in tes is much higher than other competitor. His tes base is 42 while other people in top 5 tes base around 35 -36.
    Last edited by treeloving; 11-25-2011 at 11:24 AM.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    I definitely don't see Hanyu receiving all level 4s on all his elements. If anything, Jeremy should have. Where and what do you think Jeremy is not doing that he needs to do museksk8r, if by chance you can read the judges' minds.
    I haven't seen the protocols yet, but levels are called by the tech panel according to strict criteria, not on the quality of execution. If Jeremy received level 3, it's actually good news because he can go back to tweak the program to raise the levels and hopefully still executes thme just as well. Chan received some level 3 this season too.

  14. #104
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Brezina and Fernandez got the EXACT SAME PCS.

  15. #105
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Oh no, here we were having a wonderful Jeremy love-fest and now it's going to be another Chan-anti-Chan fight. Thanks a lot.
    You're welcome Spun Silver. Chan should not even be thought about huh? Just because he's not competing here? Yeah right.

    Yes, I agree that Jeremy deserves a love-fest. But why should the mention of Chan and the fact I think Jeremy is a better overall skater stop you from the Jere love-fest? Is it unheard of for other skaters not competing in a particular comp to be mentioned by name when discussing skaters who performed in the comp? For equal time, I'll bring up Dai, Kosuka, Ross, Dornbush, Adam, Song. All good company.

    Ha ha, I see that Dai Taka was already mentioned before I mentioned Chan.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 11-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •