Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance, Fri. 11/25 at 11:20 am EST

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Oh no, Charlie fell! What happened?

Wish Meryl would look at him more, judges/camera less.

Custom Title
    I had horror visions seeing Charlie made that mistake(remember 2008 Cup of Russia OD?) but this time he held it together. They looked a bit off today. I had the impression he was trying to catch her the entire program. This will lead but I don't know....the Canadians were better today for me

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Oh no, Charlie fell! What happened?

Wish Meryl would look at him more, judges/camera less.
    Looks like he caught a rut, the B. Eurosport guys said. Just going flat out and it caught up to him a bit.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I had horror visions seeing Charlie made that mistake(remember 2008 Cup of Russia OD?) but this time he held it together. They looked a bit off today. I had the impression he was trying to catch her the entire program. This will lead but I don't know....the Canadians were better today for me

That was the first thing that came to my mind too! I don't think I will ever forget the 3 falls in the OD in 2008. That was such a disaster it was almost funny. Today, he seemed kind of off throughout the whole first half, but nice comeback.

69 is kind of high, but I did think they would be placed ahead of the Canadians. Though I have to say, I really prefer V/M's SD much more than D/W's this season.

Custom Title

marks for White/Davis

Is it only me that thinks those marks are a joke - they took a long time to recover from the slip by Charlie but beside that, the program was slppy and she was off in the swizzle section - I dont get it at all ?

Custom Title
    None of these teams have looked very Latin to me. The hip and shoulder wiggles just aren't doing it for me.
    ITA I keep hoping more Latin feel will come into the programs as the season progresses ... but we are almost at GP final ... so I guess I just keep hoping.

Custom Title
    I dont get it either

Custom Title
    Anyone noticed Judge #4's marks for D/W? Three +3 and two +2 for GOE and PCS as follows: 9.50, 9.75, 9.50, 10.0, 10.0

Looking at the scores received by W/P & others and the other judges' marks for D/W, these sets of numbers seem way out of the ballpark. I hope that judge isn't American or else this will most likely be cited for national bias and get reprimanded.

I was surprised as well that D/W did not lose more points. Overall in this event and the men's, I was quite surprised by the lack of a home field judging advantage. Not so sure re: ladies although I haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Looks like he caught a rut, the B. Eurosport guys said. Just going flat out and it caught up to him a bit.
    Q for skaters: if he "caught a rut," does that in any way reflect on his technique? It sounds like simple bad luck.

Custom Title
    1. I'm more annoyed by B/S' marks. They got HAMMERED on the levels - both Rhumbas were level two as was the step sequence. I thought they were gifted on the PCS, though - these guys are not 34-level skaters at all. Ridiculous.

2. W/P screwed up the second Rhumba sequence (level two). But I will say that I'm seeing a lot more confidence from these two (Andrew in particular) and I'm glad.

3. Both V/M and D/W are receiving the benefit of the doubt re: GOES and PCS, but those marks are definitely a little high.

Custom Title
    Q for skaters: if he "caught a rut," does that in any way reflect on his technique? It sounds like simple bad luck.
    The Brits were just speculating on a possibility. I don't think luck is factored into judges' evaluation.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Great skate for W/P ! Hope they keep it rolling for the FD..Little bit scrambly for D/W..but flukes do occur , now and then. I prefer the dress Meryl wore at SA. They may feel this one suits their music better( more modern than classic Latin ) , but the other is more flattering...this is just picking the tiniest nit, because I've never seen Meryl in a bad costume..

Quite apart from their skating ... Because B/S's program doesn't feel very Latin to me , it really doesn't help that her costume doesn't look Latin either.

R/T are beginning to breathe down B/S' neck . Look out next year. Like the costumes ,not really keen on the program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    Is it only me that thinks those marks are a joke - they took a long time to recover from the slip by Charlie but beside that, the program was slppy and she was off in the swizzle section - I dont get it at all ?
    Well, considering that the score is 69, I think there's a very good possibility it's a joke.

Custom Title
    When you sit through the earlier programs, D/W are so superior to the others, stumble or not, that their marks are well deserved. D/W's SD seemed amazingly short, while most of the others seemed to go on and on interminably. I guess that's because the others are at half speed compared with D/W.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast