Shizuka Arakawa | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa

icenut84

Final Flight
mzheng said:
I was so angry last year she was under marked.

When was she undermarked? I only saw her at Worlds (so I don't know about the other competitions), but the first event I thought of was the SP at Worlds because that's what people have been talking about, and in that programme she was actually *overmarked*. Some of the judges didn't deduct enough for the mistake on her spin.

I also really like Shizuka's skating though. She is certainly interesting, and one to look out for. She seems to have been having a really good season so far. Hopefully it will continue (although I'll be rooting for Fumie to win Japanese nationals).

Nadine said:
That said, I'm still waiting for that unicorn, I know she's out there - maybe not this year, maybe not next, but one day (possibly in 10 or 50 yrs. from now) - the ONE that will be born that is a combination of Oksana Baiul's magical artistry & Midori Ito's equally magical athleticism. A needle in a haystack for me, but I'll be waiting. (;^)

Me too! The combination of Oksana and Midori would be the ultimate, it really would. I was rewatching some of Oksana's programmes recently, mainly professional. She truly is incredible. Probably the best dancer on ice that I've ever seen, and so expressive. I hope she can come back really strong in her comeback (and that I'll get chance to see her skate on TV).