Funniest Competition Moments | Golden Skate

Funniest Competition Moments

N

n_halifax

I can't find it on Youtube - but Maria Butyrskaya had a random and funny fall out of nowhere in her 1998 FS at Worlds (after a brilliant skate I might add...)

Dorothy Hamill also had a really cute fall out of nowhere at one of the USFSA pro-am competitions in the 90's. Can't remember which one...

Dragonlady

Final Flight
My funniest competition moment came at The Challenge (Canadian national qualifying competition) about three years ago. One of the Junior Men was skating his LP when he suddenly stopped, skated quickly to the boards, and vomited onto the walkway on the other side of the boards. When he finished, he asked the referee to re-start his music and he finished his program.

I’ve heard of skaters who were so nervous they threw up right before or right after they skated, but never one who threw up in the middle of their program.

jcoates

Medalist
I was there for the Lautowa moment. It was a hoot. We all loved her good-natured reaction to it.

Wildstorm

Rinkside
Midori Ito jumping into the television camara XD
Oh, and the time my friend forgot her Gold Skills in the middle of the test. She stood in the middle of the ice with her hands on her head, mentally going over the patern. Later we overheard her stepdad saying "I was so embaraced that I wanted to put a bag over my head".

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My funniest competition moment came at The Challenge (Canadian national qualifying competition) about three years ago. One of the Junior Men was skating his LP when he suddenly stopped, skated quickly to the boards, and vomited onto the walkway on the other side of the boards. When he finished, he asked the referee to re-start his music and he finished his program.

I’ve heard of skaters who were so nervous they threw up right before or right after they skated, but never one who threw up in the middle of their program.

that is awesomely gross! :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After my initial shock of Alexei running into the boards and then knowing he's OK, the funny part to me was the look on Tatianna's face. I don't remember if she told him not to add the second jump or what but I wouldn't have gone backstage with her. :laugh: :laugh:

You may have to play with the play pause button (or not)to get the video to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGOlbL-a_DQ

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thank you for not mentioning the guy who streaked Michelle Kwan at 2004 Worlds....I wouldnt have let he guy go....he would be singin' suprano after I got through with him.....