Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

Custom Title
    Nice jumps by the Candian, however after she landed on two feet with the last 2A, she got cautious.

Still, all the time I hear this music I get misty-eyed and think of Nicole Bobek, whom had the best choreographed program to this Evita music imho.

Only Nicole could have rivalled Sonja Henie in star power if she had miraculously won the Olympics. Not only was she a gorgeous blonde, but she had loads of personality, ah, memories.

Go Rachael!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    LMAO. I just can't. This program. Such a joke. At least Flatt isn't falling apart, though.

Custom Title
    I love Rachael, what a joy it is to watch her skate!

Can't believe I'm crying, not just for Rach, but also during the middle of her performance I was thinking of Yukari Nakano, she truly was the Firebird, heartbreaking she never made it to the Olympics, missed out on it by a smidgen both times.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Nice jumps by the Candian, however after she landed on two feet with the last 2A, she got cautious.

Still, all the time I hear this music I get misty-eyed and think of Nicole Bobek, whom had the best choreographed program to this Evita music imho.

Only Nicole could have rivalled Sonja Henie in star power if she had miraculously won the Olympics. Not only was she a gorgeous blonde, but she had loads of personality, ah, memories.
    Thanks for the memories, Nadine. Loved Nicole's lovely spirals and vibrancy.

Custom Title
    Didn't watch Agnes, had tech. troubles, so decided to reboot.

Didn't watch Agnes, had tech. troubles, so decided to reboot.
    She skated as if she was in a circus filled with molasses. Gershwin was playing in the background.

Custom Title
    Interesting choice of music for Imai, but I don't think she looks very comfortable skating to it, nor is she expressing it very expertly. But kudos to at least trying to skate to something different than the usual.

Edgy Details
    Haruka's SP is much better than LP. She did not convince me here.

Custom Title
    I'm not really watching, but I note that Agnes is in first place, which is another wake-up call for Rachael. The younger ones are passing her by, same thing is happening to Joubert imho. Which means they have to work that much harder.

Rach needs to sit down and re-evaluate and prioritize. I recall how fit Denise Biellmann was, especially during her pro years, namely when she competed against a 16/17/18 yr. old Oksana Baiul. Denise left her in the dust, she was in her 30s, but had the most "cut" body I've ever seen on a figure skater, man or woman, including Joannie Rochette. This is what Rachael needs to do imho. Time to re-invent herself, or she'll be left in the dust for good.

Jmho. Btw, I treasure watching Rachael skate, front row seat, right in front of me at 2010 Skate America. One for the ages. To see her skate in person when she's in top shape, et al, is truly something else. As God is my witness, it was *she* that set the arena on fire that night. There's nothing like seeing her skate in person imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Haruka's SP is much better than LP. She did not convinced me here.
    Some of her arm movements had me gaping with disbelief. The amount of floundering was unbelievable for a Senior-level competitor.

And I like this girl.

Custom Title
    I'm not really watching, but I note that Agnes is in first place, which is another wake-up call for Rachael. The younger ones are passing her by, same thing is happening to Joubert imho.
    Rachael took out some of her harder triples. I'm sure she won't lose sleep at night about losing to Agnes by one whole point in the free skate. She must have expected coming into this Grand Prix season that she wasn't going to be very prepared. To me it seems that Rachael is currently less results-oriented and is more focused on her own skating and trying to better what she did in her last outing. I mean, she seemed relatively pleased with both her skate and score.

Custom Title
    Volchkova looks so different with her hair down, looks even younger than her competitive days imho, nice to see her smiling & relaxed.

Could anyone post a link to a live feed? Many thanks

Custom Title

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast