Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

ivy

On the Ice
Just watched on NBC. Mao, while not perfect, deserved the win. She really inhabited the program and for a while in the middle I was fully engaged.
Put me in camp that thinks Mao looks healthy and thin, though I think a little more muscle mass might help, but what do I know.

Leonova - only OK to me. I think the music was too big for her, so little tranisitions and choreography. I like that she has personality and shows it. Pesonality though is not the same as CH or IN.

I'm glad to see Mao finally. She is moving beautifully. I hope she can clean up the jumps soon, but I maintain my faith that she will get back up to peak performance standards. She makes most other skaters look labored by comparison.

So great that she is in the Final, and that Alissa is also.

By the way, who was the woman who was commentating? Was it Tara? She was very articulate.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Poor Christina. I hope that this is just a transitional year for her. She has a nice program.

Rachel also has a nice program and I never like her long programs. I do kind of feel for her because I don't think it's easy for her to keep in shape. She's not the fastest or most limbered but she looks like she's even more slow and less flexible. It doesn't look easy for her to get that leg up in the air and she's lost air on her jumps.

ITA.

NBC barely gave the U.S. ladies the time of day. Very sad. :disapp:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
YaY for Mao !!!
so does this mean Mao and Alena get the last 2 spots for the GP ???

too bad again for Adelina I wanted her to go to GP instead of Alena. but clearly the wins have reversed and she now lost all her competitions to Elizaveta.
her 2nd Growth Spurt is not the issue, its her pressure and nervousness that has plagued Adelina.
maybe 2012 season will be better ? who knows

What competitions has Adelina lost to Elizaveta? She didn't face her in any of the GPs but did she compete against her at any other time where she lost to her?

DianaSelene

Medalist
What competitions has Adelina lost to Elizaveta? She didn't face her in any of the GPs but did she compete against her at any other time where she lost to her?

I think sky_fly20 means that even though they haven't met, Tuktamysheva has clearly skated better than Sotnikova at all her events and won, while Sotnikova was 3rd every time. So even though they didn't meet, Tuktamysheva has showed better results in her debut and probably would have won against Sotnikova if they were to face off this year unless something drastic changes with them in the next few months.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think sky_fly20 means that even though they haven't met, Tuktamysheva has clearly skated better than Sotnikova at all her events and won, while Sotnikova was 3rd every time. So even though they didn't meet, Tuktamysheva has showed better results in her debut and probably would have won against Sotnikova if they were to face off this year unless something drastic changes with them in the next few months.

This is true-but technically Tuktamysheva has yet to beat Sotnikova as yet. It's very likely she would have had they met head on-but they didn't so it's only speculation. For this reason I was very disappointed Adelina did not make the GPF. Sometimes it's a whole different dynamic psychologically when opponents meet at an event. Hopefully we'll see them both at Junior Worlds.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This is true-but technically Tuktamysheva has yet to beat Sotnikova as yet. It's very likely she would have had they met head on-but they didn't so it's only speculation. For this reason I was very disappointed Adelina did not make the GPF. Sometimes it's a whole different dynamic psychologically when opponents meet at an event. Hopefully we'll see them both at Junior Worlds.

They can also both go to the 2012 Winter Youth Olympics In January (neither Shelepen-too old and Lipnitskaya- too young are eligible). Both Liza and Adelina are eligible :)

DianaSelene

Medalist

Yes, that is true. I was just explaining that sky_fly20 did not mean they have already met and Sotnikova beat Tuktamysheva. It's just that so far Tuktamysheva had higher placements in the grand prix than Sotnikova.

But as Mirunna says, they will both go to the youth olympics since they're eligible (if they choose so). It's great that we will be able to see the two compete in the future, though. Junior worlds, nationals, and youth olympics (and maybe small competitions in Russia if they want to).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
yes, thats what I meant, sorry if there were misunderstandings

that would be amazing if both Adelina and Elizaveta do decide to compete at youth winter olympics in 2012
Shelepen is too old ? isn't she just 16 ??

I really hope Adelina gets used to her new body changes soon and will finally ease from her 2nd growth spurt
I see in Adelina much more potential than Elizaveta in the long run to have more success although Liza is also amazing

Irishflip

On the Ice
I think Yuna was at the time in an ideal shape as a figure skater. Her silhouette gave beauty to everything she did.
Not so much Mao and to top that she was handicapped with really awful costumes that clearly didn't become her.

Mao was in great condition at the olympics and honestly i think Mao had a dress that was almost as good in the short and better then Kim's in the long and Mao had better music in both programs imho i know that the music had nothing to do with what you were talking about but i felt it had to be said :biggrin: