Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

Custom Title
    Kiira is missing some jumps.

Custom Title
    Kiiira watered down a few jumps, but at least she didn't fall, good job.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Rachael took out some of her harder triples. I'm sure she won't lose sleep at night about losing to Agnes by one whole point in the free skate. She must have expected coming into this Grand Prix season that she wasn't going to be very prepared. To me it seems that Rachael is currently less results-oriented and is more focused on her own skating and trying to better what she did in her last outing. I mean, she seemed relatively pleased with both her skate and score.

Rach is always smiling, that's part of why I like her, but to see a once great champion finishing last and second to last is heartbreaking. I really think the USFSA fining her this past summer took the sails out of her, as well as leaving her long-time coach, et al.

Here's hoping she rises from the ashes like the firebird did and comes back stronger next year.

Custom Title
    I can only think of Shen and Zhao at 2003 Worlds when I hear this music.

Some good moments from Sofia, but overall, she doesn't skate up to the music.

Edgy Details
    Bravo bravo Sofia!!
    ETA: I still think that the difference between her and Korpi should be more visible when it comes to scoring

Custom Title
    My favorite performance to this music is Sarah Hughes, especially when she skated to it at the GPF one year (that's when they had to skate two FSs). Ahh, her classic beautifully turned-out leg on the layback at the crescendo of the music was glorious. She had it all, jumps, spins, spirals, laybacks, flexibility, feel for the music. Am going to find my old tape of this and watch it later on.

Custom Title
    Sotnikova's dress looks like an overdecorated cake. Let's see how she skates.

ETA: Another case of not interpreting the music very well. Talented galore, but just not well-baked yet.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 11-26-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Custom Title
    Adelina reminds me of Oksana in a certain way, their downfall is also their greatest asset, expressing emotion. It has to be contained, controlled, lol Oksana wore her heart on her sleeve. Adelina's not that bad.

Custom Title
    ps: I thought the other Russian that skated before Adelina was better than her. Jmho.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Adelina is definitely suffering from the pressure of expectation this season. She's almost surely losing her Junior World title to Princess Tut.

Custom Title
    Alena fixed her hair and put on some makeup... wow. Guess she listened to some of the critiques. But I'm not sure there's any hope for her sp look, unless she completely overhauls it.

Custom Title
    Considering her off ice this August due to injury,this was good for her.

Mao is next!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I admire Leonova so much. Heart and soul, for all to see. She really is living up to these musical selections. A shame about the mistakes at the end.

Custom Title
    I like this new sophisticated look of Alena, honestly didn't even recognize her. A couple of wild landings, a fall, but overall good job, and she seems to be loved by the crowd the most. It's a Russian thing.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast