Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Mao's expression when she saw the #1 come up was priceless - not Sarah-Meier-at-Euros priceless, but pretty cool nonetheless. Right up there with Meagan Duhamel's "115 with three falls" last weekend as great reactions of the GP season.

It was by no means one of her better performances, but it's her first event win since 2010 Worlds and her first GPF in three years, so I for one intend to be happy for her. :yay:

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Well Mao's skating overall is superior to Alena's, let's be honest. Mao's PCS should be so much higher. Love Mao butterfly sweetness.

Yes, thank you Nadine ... Mao skates like poetry in motion!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
YaY for Mao !!!
so does this mean Mao and Alena get the last 2 spots for the GP ???

too bad again for Adelina I wanted her to go to GP instead of Alena. but clearly the wins have reversed and she now lost all her competitions to Elizaveta.
her 2nd Growth Spurt is not the issue, its her pressure and nervousness that has plagued Adelina.
maybe 2012 season will be better ? who knows

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Not a perfect competition but enjoyable none the less. Was really impressed with Leonova, I enjoyed both her programmes, would probably have given her first in the long. Beautifull performance from Mao but she was a bit down on the technical side. An improvement for Adelina, I liked her performances better here than in China.

Biryukova has put down a very good claim to be on the Russian team for europeans and worlds. The US ladies seem to be struggling a bit at the moment.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
If I am reading the protocols correctly Mao got level 4's on all of her non jump elements. Wow.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Good for Mao but please 3A soon! Go Leonova!

Flatt has abandoned her Lutz and taken herself out of it.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Stupid question, what does ChSp mean? Everyone seems to have got a level one on it

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
So bad..I wanted Adelina to go into the GPF instead of Alena..((But I guess it's right.She isn't ready mentally to go there..

Nadine

Record Breaker
For now I agree it's a good thing for Mao to eliminate doing the 3A, especially since her coach is re-working her technqiue, but in the long run, at the next Olympics, she will need her "secret weapon" imho.

This is what I always admired about Sarah Hughes, no matter what she went for those two 3/3s, finally succeeding in doing BOTH of them at the Olympics, what better time to accomplish it then there, lol. :love:

Back to Mao, you want to skate your best at the Olympics, especially if others skate their best as well. In that case, you will want your best to score better than their best. Jmho. :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^^

mentally and physically Adelina is not ready, for now Adelina has lost to Elizaveta this season
most people got right on the predictions or at least i did too, lol

Mao
Alena
Adelina

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
But it will be funny if Sotnikova regroups and wins Russian Nationals and JW)I hope her loss will be a lesson to her

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
But I thought Adelina will no longer be competing again at junior worlds
but will just compete in other senior competitions next season

kasia16

On the Ice
3A in some people complain, 3A out other people complain :D

I personally think it was wise of Mao to take it out when clearly she didn't need it. At the same, I'm pretty sure she will bring it back for Worlds.

loren

Rinkside
As much as I like Mao, I didn't want her to win like this. Leonova should have won..

mary01

Final Flight
orrh Mao she was soo magical and ethereal, :love:

hope Adelina will take the time to handle pressure better!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Leonova was good but she also had mistakes. A doubled jump and a fall on a 2A(which was UR but somehow the technical controller missed it. Like he missed Adelina's flutz and her second 3L in the combo should have been at least "<"). I don't believe Alena was underscored if you look at what she did on the ice: an obvious 3Flutz(which should be a 3F actually), doubling the 3F, small problem on her 3 jump combo and the fall. Mao was less than stellar but she did enough to keep her first place. I would have Sofia third but the rest of the podium was correct.

Mao won? How cool! I hope this boosts her confidence. I agree with those of you who think of her as poetry in motion. How rare is it for someone who jumps so well (when she's on, I mean) to be so graceful and musical? This lady is the complete skater. Amazing to realize that all her non-jump elements got Level 4's. (I didn't dream that, did I? One of you said it?)

Thanks for the reports, everyone.