Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

3A in some people complain, 3A out other people complain :D

I personally think it was wise of Mao to take it out when clearly she didn't need it. At the same, I'm pretty sure she will bring it back for Worlds.

On the Ice
    As much as I like Mao, I didn't want her to win like this. Leonova should have won..

orrh Mao she was soo magical and ethereal,

hope Adelina will take the time to handle pressure better!

Custom Title
    Leonova was good but she also had mistakes. A doubled jump and a fall on a 2A(which was UR but somehow the technical controller missed it. Like he missed Adelina's flutz and her second 3L in the combo should have been at least "<"). I don't believe Alena was underscored if you look at what she did on the ice: an obvious 3Flutz(which should be a 3F actually), doubling the 3F, small problem on her 3 jump combo and the fall. Mao was less than stellar but she did enough to keep her first place. I would have Sofia third but the rest of the podium was correct.

Custom Title
    Mao won? How cool! I hope this boosts her confidence. I agree with those of you who think of her as poetry in motion. How rare is it for someone who jumps so well (when she's on, I mean) to be so graceful and musical? This lady is the complete skater. Amazing to realize that all her non-jump elements got Level 4's. (I didn't dream that, did I? One of you said it?)

Thanks for the reports, everyone.

So happy for Mao, we finally have someone who skates like Michelle kwan. Mao has just gotten so much better, never thought she could be an even more beautiful skater, I like her already so much before, now it's just gorgeous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    Stupid question, what does ChSp mean? Everyone seems to have got a level one on it
    Choreography spirals don't have levels. They have a fixed base value of 2.0 pts and are evaluated by GOE. A skater has two ways to get credit for it by either holding one spiral position for atleast 6 seconds or holding two spiral positions for atleast 3 seconds each. The 1 in ChSp1 indicates that one spiral position was held for atleast 6 seconds; a 2 in ChSp2 would indicate that two spiral positions were held.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Rachael was severely underscored and Kiira overscored.

ETA: No I should say everyone was overscored except Rachael.
    Last edited by sorcerer; 11-26-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Custom Title
    So glad Mao won. I know Alena did well too but after all she fell, didn't see? Also, let's face it, Mao has a better line, her skating is more beautiful.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    As much as I like Mao, I didn't want her to win like this. Leonova should have won..
    I think Mao was a deserving winner. Her skating is so light--it is just in a class by itself, even with mistakes. Alena is over-scored on PCS (I haven't even seen the protocols, but I have to assume she was, given her score). To win, she had to skate without mistakes and she didn't.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Rachael was severely underscored and Kiira overscored.

ETA: No I should say everyone was overscored except Rachael.
    I agree about Rachael. She skated a nearly clean program--it looked to me like her only mistake was the double salchow. And she stayed on her feet, unlike almost everyone else. Deliberate under-scoring is just as bad as deliberate over-scoring.

ETA: I see that she also singled a toe-loop in combo. She is being killed on GOE (as well as PCS, but that is nothing new). Are her clean jumps really worth 0 GOE? I don't know the answer to that.
    Last edited by jenaj; 11-26-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    So happy for Mao, we finally have someone who skates like Michelle kwan.
    I was thinking the same thing (but was kind of afraid to say it--she is the Kween, after all).

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    She is being killed on GOE (as well as PCS, but that is nothing new). Are her clean jumps really worth 0 GOE? I don't know the answer to that.
    Sadly, I would say yes. She never got much height or ice coverage, and these days it's less than it used to be. It's kind of a miracle that she rotates and lands on her feet.

But kudos to her for doing so much better here.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    If I am reading the protocols correctly Mao got level 4's on all of her non jump elements. Wow.
    wow indeed. she did get a level 1 on her final spiral sequence....I thought that was just for choreography???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Well Mao's skating overall is superior to Alena's, let's be honest. Mao's PCS should be so much higher. Love Mao butterfly sweetness.

Yes, thank you Nadine ... Mao skates like poetry in motion!
    ITA...Never would Alena's pcs be close to a Mao if I was on the panel.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast