Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
Me 3! Their LP is gorgeous and I'm glad it's been reworded properly in Russia. I love their lift dismounts, how it adds to the choreography, it looks very smooth. When they are on, they are unbeatable
K/S's Lp is just as gorgeous and it hate to see them being pushed down as Russia nr.2. 132 for a beautiful program, with the only glitch being a bad landing on a throw when V/T got 130 for a program in which they singled their twist(major mistake) and a double footed landing on a throw, with an inferior choreography, is simply wrong. I would love to see them regaining their national title!
Tanya and Maxim were scored 130 relative to the other teams they competed against in France (Bazarova/Larionov, Duhamel/Radford, etc.). The judges were not comparing their performances and scores in France to Kavaguti/Smirnov, as they did not compete in the same event. Different event, different set of teams, different technical panel, different judges; you simply cannot compare scores across events. Once Volosozhar/Trankov and Kavaguti/Smirnov meet at the GPF, then they can be compared in scoring.