Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP, Saturday 11/26/11, 6:45AM EST

Custom Title
    Only mistake from S/S was a stepout on the 2A from her. K/S and S/S back to back here were insane. If K/S don't get a fair shot at the world title this season, I'll will be royally pissed. What beauty from both teams. What magnificence. SO so so happy.

Custom Title
    Her form is too sloppy & unfinished for my taste. They remind me of circus performers.

I will always prefer style & substance over flash & dash. Classic over modern. Old school versus new school.

Jmho.

ps: I love K&S's 2A/2A combo. sequence, solid, and lovely.

Custom Title
    Of course, there is a tonne of substance in S/S' performance. That choreography really is incredibly ambitious, though it's definitely modern. But that is slowly becoming one of my all time favourite programs.

Custom Title
    I love S/S. Such a nice comeback after the competition in Japan! K/S were great too. Beautiful competition overall, really enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Only mistake from S/S was a stepout on the 2A from her. K/S and S/S back to back here were insane. If K/S don't get a fair shot at the world title this season, I'll will be royally pissed. What beauty from both teams. What magnificence. SO so so happy.
    Ditto!

Custom Title
    OK got it to work (you have to use IE). Let's watch the men !

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Two amazing teams and such different programs - it was a real treat to see them both perform so well today, for sure. Congrats also to Berton/Hotarek for their first GP medal!

Pairs has been very enjoyable this season so far; can't wait to see the top teams go head to head at the GPF, Euros and Worlds.

Custom Title
    Savchenko/Szolkowy's choreography is so innovative, superb, and sophisticated. And they had technical brilliance to back it up today. What a great competition between them and K/S, but it was a well deserved victory for S/S!

Congrats to the medalists. Well done!

Custom Title
    Sounds great! I can't wait to see footage of S/S. I'm coming to like them more and more, and to respect Ingo Steuer more by the year. When he was skating, one could see his interest in innovative choreography, and now he's really following that trail. It's great that he's found two skaters who can do justice to his vision.

Custom Title
    Watching S/S fp again it is amazing how difficult this program is -- innovative choreography, interesting music, and difficult elements beautifully performed. This program is like a minefield because of its technical difficulty combined with the unusual modern dance movements. At their last GP event, S/S timing was slightly off, which shows up so much more with this kind of program. That's why when they skate it so well, it is an amazing feat. They can still steadily improve in performing this program. I look forward to GPF, Europeans and Worlds.

BTW, S/S can do classic lyrical skating just fine -- they have shown over the years the wide range that they have. Out of Africa, Casablanca, and many of their exhibitions come immediately to mind. Their 2007 Europeans lp to The Mission was simply breathtaking -- one of their finest performances.

K/S seem very comfortable with both their programs and are performing more confidently this season. I think Yuko's look is much more sophisticated and not so little girlish. For those who wish K/S to have a "fair shot" at Worlds gold -- all the top competitors should have/ will have, right? As far as last season at Worlds, K/S messed up and were scored accordingly. I believe V/T are the more highly favored Russian team at this point.

ETA: I would have scored S/S even higher in transitions, choreography, and interpretation.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 11-26-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    I haven't watched S/S's LP yet but I can say that Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP performance was beyond words. Each time they perform their program I start feel a little more sentimental. Overall, they skate extremely well with only minor mistakes. I am still awaiting their perfect performance to this beautiful piece of music.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    I am still awaiting their perfect performance to this beautiful piece of music.
    So am I, so are K/S & Moskvina!! At the end of the performance Yuko had this look of "if only I'd managed the throw landing" and then seemed to forgive herself. From her position in the air I was 100% sure she would land it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast