Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    News flash to Bobrova - that costume makes you look like a dead vulture. Put on a pretty dress and change some of the more lurid moves and you'll have a very charming program there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    News flash to Bobrova - that costume makes you look like a dead vulture. Put on a pretty dress and change some of the more lurid moves and you'll have a very charming program there.

Another news flash to Bobrova: Watch W/P. If you want Sturm-und-Drang, let the skating do it, not the dress.

I can't really take Weaver seriously in this wounded vulnerable persona.. she seems like a Type A overachieving Mean Girl to me, but it's a great program. I wish I could see Poje skate with someone else, but I don't think Emily S. is his type. Marie-France, maybe.

Custom Title
    Caitlyn and Andrew! Bravo! Bravo!

I think that's the only SB of this event so far.

Custom Title
    Just looking at D/W. She is on two feet a fair bit. Not a fan of this program.

Oh my gosh, it makes me so happy! It's so nostalgic but so wind-swept!

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I'm not a fan of Bobrova and Soloviev, but I really disagree with your comment. Who said all dance programs need to be "charming" or feature a girl in a pretty (read: Disney princess?) dress? Meh. At least B/S are trying to do something different and find their own style. Maybe they'll eventually be successful in this effort.

Banned
    Looks like the Eurosports guys prefer W/P over D/W. I agree with them. I'm not sure D/W were 10+ better than W/P, and overall almost 20 points better than W/P.

109.12 for Davis and White--wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I'm not a fan of Bobrova and Soloviev, but I really disagree with your comment. Who said all dance programs need to be "charming" or feature a girl in a pretty (read: Disney princess?) dress? Meh. At least B/S are trying to do something different and find their own style. Maybe they'll eventually be successful in this effort.
    I didn't say all programs need to be charming. See my next comment where I pointed B/S to W/P's excellent program. But Bobrova's costume is hideous and doesn't go with the music. The theme of the music may be Walpurgisnacht but the music itself is very pretty for the most part - hardly scary to modern audiences.

Custom Title
    Only V/M are allowed to beat Davis and White. No other team is allowed anywhere near them on any level.

Congrats to the medalists. D/W love this program, imo they were spot on in all of the elements, well deserved first place.
    W/P were just fabulous the passion was just oozing and they have such great chemistry. I also liked B/S thought they skated very well indeed.
    I really enjoyed the skating of the top three.

Custom Title
    Nice skate, fair result.
    I has find D/W a tent bit more caotious than last time.
    It is still a brilliant program.

Custom Title
    The British Eurosport guys have proven to be curious in their commentary recently. While they certainly are appealing in that they don't generally exhibit bias, they have really been off at certain competitions in terms of predicting who will score well. They seem to be governed by anything from personal preference for particular styles, status/standing, or even by a less than solid understanding of the current rules. That does not mean they don't know skating. Obviously they do. But, like Scott Hamilton, they seem to judge it at times based on no longer used standards.

They favored D/W over V/M at the Olympics in both the OD and FD.
    They reversed themselves at 2010 Worlds.
    The favored V/M in the FD at 2011 Worlds.
    Now they apparently favored W/P over D/W??? I can only imagine that they preferred the dramatic concept to traditional ballroom on ice. Considering the era in which they competed, that's somewhat understandable I suppose.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast