Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    While I can't at all explain the B&S PCS vs. the W&P PCS, perhaps someone who was there can? Were B&S faster than W&P? Than R&T? . The British Eurosport guys were watching it on TV like many of the rest of us, me included.

The R&T vs. B&S thing I can speak to:

Bobrova & Soloviev had a base score of 36.50 in the FD.

Riazanova & Tkachenko had a base score of 30.50 inf the FD.

There's 6 points right there. Furthermore, a bigger base means a bigger GOE for many of the skills.

R&T's Total Element Score: 34.79
    B&S's Total Element Score: 43.52

So now we've found 8.73 of the overall difference. R&T had 3 Level 1 skills. I would think that that would not impress the judges very much when they came to give out any of the PCS components.

That said, I would have scored W&P higher in PCS than B&S, and if B&S were lower, they'd be closer to R&T than they are now.

But then, I wasn't at the rink.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Or they could be trying to save their own bacon after what happened in the SD knowing that the referee will likely be asking some tough questions in the judges' meeting - so they can claim they in fact did take deductions on PCS during the SD.
    You are slightly out of date. GP and ISU senior championships no longer have "judges' meetings" per se, rather they have round table discussions after the event. The Referee does NOT know which judge gave which marks (the marks are scrambled for each skater), unless a judge offers the information. The Ref cannot even ASK which judge gave which mark or deduction. The Ref would perhaps note that there were differences in where some deductions were or were not taken and a general discussion would perhaps take place. Any
    instances of bias or anomolies would be in the computer and go to the OAC or the Tech committee, but even they don't know the name of the particular judge - only the number and the event. The Tech Committee sends a review to the ISU head office and a letter of assessment is sent to the judge after which the Tech Committe is notified.

Custom Title
    Davis and white was brilliant! They performed that free dance very well. This program will definitely go down in history as one of the greatest ever.

Um, D/W's dance is good, but that dance going into history... I don't think so...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Um, D/W's dance is good, but that dance going into history... I don't think so...
    It's definitely going into history. it's the best dance since Bolero and people will look back 30 years from now at this dance being one of the iconic ones of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    It's definitely going into history. it's the best dance since Bolero and people will look back 30 years from now at this dance being one of the iconic ones of the sport.
    If you want to think so, that's good for you.
    Last edited by DianaSelene; 11-26-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Custom Title
    Yep. know so.

Yep. know so.
    Now, I'm interested. Please enlighten me why you know that D/W's dance will be so legendary? Since you are an oracle of course.

Custom Title
    It's quite obvious. Watch it a few times. You will become enlightened and hypnotized. I mean could anyone seriously think of a free dance that compares to it, especially considering it's cop and these crazy rules are in place? True beauty cannot be denied for too long. Speaking of which.... Andrew Poje... What a vision of beauty on ice!

Custom Title
    It is technically brilliant but it is not interesting. I actually caught myself looking away. This is not a signature piece for them. There is something about her that does not draw you into their performance.
    W/P, for the first time ever, were very impressive.

It's quite obvious. Watch it a few times. You will become enlightened and hypnotized. I mean could anyone seriously think of a free dance that compares to it, especially considering it's cop and these crazy rules are in place? True beauty cannot be denied for too long. Speaking of which.... Andrew Poje... What a vision of beauty on ice!
    But that is just what you see, not what people will see in 30 years. Their skate actually bores me to death and I don't think it will ever be looked back at as a legend. I think that your evidence is not very good, considering that I have been hypnotized by many other skates which I loved and was fully aware that they would never be compared to bolero. And I definitely wasn't hypnotized by this program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    But that is just what you see, not what people will see in 30 years. Their skate actually bores me to death and I don't think it will ever be looked back at as a legend. I think that your evidence is not very good, considering that I have been hypnotized by many other skates which I loved and was fully aware that they would never be compared to bolero. And I definitely wasn't hypnotized by this program.
    Watch a few more times.. you will surrender.

Watch a few more times.. you will surrender.
    I love your humor.
    Last edited by DianaSelene; 11-26-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    It is technically brilliant but it is not interesting. I actually caught myself looking away. This is not a signature piece for them. There is something about her that does not draw you into their performance.
    W/P, for the first time ever, were very impressive.
    I actually thought W/P was great at NHK free dance too and he is just a God on ice. Weaver has a bit of a hard edge about her though.. I think it would be interesting to see Meryl and Andrew skate together. They are both beauties.

Custom Title
    And the camera work at this event was absolutely terrible. That's what made the programs less interesting. It was the camera crew's fault

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast