Jeremy Abbott Interview | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott Interview

KKonas

Medalist
Alissa is perfect, not skinny. Just because the population are full of over-weighted doesn't mean that the skaters should be heavier. I think most of them are just fine. Unless some skaters really have the disease, control eating is necessary. Control eating is necessary for anyone for their own health.

Czisny is too thin - and I think she's not getting enough Vitamin C and D in her diet to strengthen her bones, which could lead to more injuries. Don't know of too many "fat" skaters.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I didn't say there is any "fat" skaters. I'm objecting Skateluvr on promoting "fat" skaters.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott: I Keep Getting Happier

This is a slightly earlier interview I missed. Not a lot of new info and I dislike reporting like transcribing a recorded speech. But it did remind me of something unusual that I only learned recently, i.e. Jeremy never competed internationally as a junior. I think this has a lot to do with his competition nerves on a big international stage. Skating federations should pay attention to this.

Boeing787

On the Ice
Jeremy Abbott: I Keep Getting Happier

This is a slightly earlier interview I missed. Not a lot of new info and I dislike reporting like transcribing a recorded speech. But it did remind me of something unusual that I only learned recently, i.e. Jeremy never competed internationally as a junior. I think this has a lot to do with his competition nerves on a big international stage. Skating federations should pay attention to this.

I'd think it has more to do with his nature than the lack of international competition experiences as a junior.

One good thing about Patrick is he has this "no big deal" attitude which allows him to bring out a high percentage of training to competition. The downside of this attitude is he seems to not learn much from his mistakes, e.g. his putting-skate-in-the-mouth problem.