Are Scott and Tessa dating? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Are Scott and Tessa dating?

heyang

Record Breaker
They have an amazing friendship and partnership that they've built up over many years. That partnership is the foundation of their skating. So hopefully they won't date while they are competing. (Too much risk to the partnership IMO, not that it's my business.)

ETA: They don't really look alike to me, but don't people often say that couples who are together for many years begin to resemble one another more and more? :laugh:

A lot of couples start to look alike because people subconsciously begin to mimic each others facial expressions. It happens with people you work with too. For example, I was working in our NY offices frequently this year - everyone there responds 'got it'. Now, whenever I speak with them, I respond the same way.

I think the question of dating depends a lot on the priorities and respect they give to each other on and off the ice. It seems to work out better when they become official after 'their Olympics'. Brasseur and Eisler dated, but decided that their skating relationship was more important. I don't think G&G were on official off-ice couple until towards the end of their amateur careers - partly because she was too young initially and he saw her as just a kid. I believe Klimova and Pomerenko are still married. Melissa Gregory and her husband Denis met because of their partnership. Of course, there are just as many that ended badly Wortzel/Steuer, Usova/Platov.... Bechke/Petrov divorced, too, but was more amicable as they continued to skate together for several years. Sale & Pelltier, etc. As with any other relationship, it's totally dependent on the 2 involved and how they treat each other before, during and after.