My Predictions:

ladies:

1. Mao Asada
    2. Akiko Suzuki
    3. Elizveta Tuktukishva
    nice name.
    although I would switch Asada with Akiko

Custom Title
    Oh, Blades, I hope you're right for all the first places! (Except ice dance, where I would be happy with either D/W or V/M taking the gold.) I do so want Mao and Daisuke to win, and I love S/S. I know you're making your predictions on actual understanding, unlike me who's only going on hope, but our intentions are the same. Go, Mao and Daisuke! And keep it going to Sochi!

Custom Title
    Maybe Elizaveta will pull an upset, like Mao did back in 2005, in which case, I predict the following:

Elizaveta
    Mao
    Akiko
    Carolina
    Alissa
    Alena

For the men, Chan. The competition is in Canada, isn't it?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I too have a feeling Tut will win. She is undefeated so far this season and seems to have Kwan-like competition nerves, i.e., none. Akiko and Carolina should both make the podium if they keep skating as they have so far this season. I'm always on edge for both Mao and Alissa. Alena should rightly finish last, but she's a fighter so I won't be shocked if she goes higher.

It's a strange group. Except for Tut, none of the skaters is a paragon of consistency, and I can imagine the podium ending up with anyone on top except Alena.

1 - Elizaveta
    2 and 3 - Akiko and Carolina
    4 and 5 - Alissa and Mao
    6 - Alena

Men's will be the most exciting event with five powerful and/or brilliant skaters fighting for the top. I wonder if Jeremy will relax a little around this event as he's peaked too early in the past. He has to be focused on January - March. I would expect Hanyu to fall back a little after his surprise gold in Russia; he's so young and it would be normal if he were a bit overwhelmed by the pressures of being a contender.

1 and 2 - Patrick and Daisuke
    3 and 4 - Jeremy and Javier
    5 - Yuzuru
    6 - Michal

By comparison, dance and pairs seem almost etched in stone so I'll leave those alone.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 11-27-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Custom Title
    In men´s discipline I think that Chan is going to win and especially these skaters are battling about silver and bronze medal: Takahashi, Fernandez and Hanyu.

Custom Title
    Ladies
    1. Elizaveta
    2. Akiko
    3. Kostner, Asada, Czisny (depends on who jumps better that day)

Elizaveta seems to have this competition in the bag as long as she does all her jumps as she has been doing. Akiko can be a possible spoiler b/c her jumps are quite consistent too compared to Kostner, Asada, Czisny. Leonova will be at the bottom of the pack unless Asada and Czisny implode on their jumps.

Mens
    1. Chan
    2. Takahashi
    3. Javier
    4. Brezina
    5. Jeremy
    6. Yuzuru

Chan has the jumps and the PCS to back him up unlike Takahashi who IMO is inconsistent with the jumps but has the huge PCS to back him up. Javier for bronze b/c he has effortless quads. Brezina will probably be in 4th place. Jeremy is even worse than Takahashi w/jump consistency and can see him at the bottom if he tanks his jumps again. Hanyu only has a chance if the others implode on their jumps and he lands all of his which he seems to be pretty consistent at doing. My dream podium would be in any order as long has Hanyu is on the podium! A girl can dream

Custom Title
    Eliza says she's expecting to win so I'm hoping for someone a little more humble. That's just how I like them. Her winning certainly wouldn't be a upset to her.

I hope the podium is...

Mao
    Alissa
    Kostner or Akiko

No particular order.

Going by consistenty/talent
    1. Takahashi
    2. Chan
    3. Fernandez

I would put Abbott on the podium but he's kind of a headcase.

Pairs
    1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
    2. Volosozhar & Trankov
    3. Kavaguti & Smirnov
    Last edited by lavender; 11-27-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Men
    1. Takahashi
    2. Chan
    3. Fernandez
    4. Hanyu
    5. Brezina
    6. Abbott

Ladies
    No idea

Pairs
    1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
    3. Duhamel/Radford
    4. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
    5. Takahashi/Tran
    6. Zhang/Zhang

If Volosozhar/Trankov compete, place them first, and take out Mt/M

Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir (hometown bonus. Need to get the levels though, or it won't happen)
    2. Davis/White
    3. Pechalat/Bourzat
    4. Weaver/Poje
    5. Shibutani/Shibutani
    6. Bobrova/Soloviev
    So if V/M wins, that's because of hometown advantage? Really? I'm surprised that with hometown advantage and Chanflation marks, Chan's still second

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Maybe Elizaveta will pull an upset, like Mao did back in 2005, in which case, I predict the following:

Elizaveta
    Mao
    Akiko
    Carolina
    Alissa
    Alena

For the men, Chan. The competition is in Canada, isn't it?
    So I guess beside ladies, Canada should medal 4 then, right? Men, Pairs and 2 for Dance?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    So if V/M wins, that's because of hometown advantage? Really? I'm surprised that with hometown advantage and Chanflation marks, Chan's still second
    I don't believe in Chanflation marks, so please don't ascribe that to me. I think it'll take Chan longer to master Aranjuez, and since he's still attempting to up his technical game with the quad salchow, I think Takahashi has the edge.

Custom Title
    I just watched the NBC broadcast of TEB and based on what I saw, I'm going to change my predictions for the ladies, as follows:

Mao
    Alissa
    Elizaveta
    Akiko
    Carolina
    Alena

This is a very strong field and I expect even the 6th place skater to score well. I was very impressed with Alissa's skate at TEB. She landed five triples, including two triple lutzes, a triple flip and two triple loops, and didn't fall. She won the free program over both Liza and Caro. If she can hold it together (and skate well in the short) I think she is going to be in the top three at least. Carolina's jump content is going to hold her back if Alissa (and Mao, Liza and Akiko) skate well. She may well end up in fourth. Mao will win if she skates her short like she did at COR and her long like she did at NHK. I still think that, overall, Mao's skating is the best in this field. But we shall see!

Tripping on the Podium
    I think it is Maos and Alissas to lose. They have both the TES and PCS when they skate well. After that, all things being equal Akiko followed by Carolina/Tut and then Alena. That is IF they all skate their best.

I think they will all bring their A game. Qualifying is done, no pressure unless they put it on themselves.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I would love Akiko to win because her prorams are a joy and I d like to see her winning, Mao also, but Akiko has come a long way to have her season. But i think any of the 5 girls winning would be a wonderful story because they have had the low and high points in their career and came back, even Alena that people dont count on her much. I would be happy if Elisaveta medals, but I wouldnt want her to win, even if it would be a reat hype for her after, i believe it is too early for her and I want her to write her own story, not like Asada did in 2005, and it would be good to have the expericence and to have feedback to improve next season. For the same reason hanyu, I love that he won COR but Id like someone like Abott or Daisuke to win.
    In pairs S/S have one of the best Lps ever for me and I d like them for gold.

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I don't believe in Chanflation marks, so please don't ascribe that to me. I think it'll take Chan longer to master Aranjuez, and since he's still attempting to up his technical game with the quad salchow, I think Takahashi has the edge.
    Takahashi (NHK) still got outscored by Chan (SC) even with two falls. At least Chan has a quad to lean back on, and Takahashi isn't mr. consistent either

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast