Maksim Marinin Dancing Tango With His Wife | Golden Skate

Maksim Marinin Dancing Tango With His Wife

DianaSelene

Medalist
I recently saw Marinin dancing tango in a show with his wife Natalia Somova, a ballerina. I thought it was hot. She is very beautiful and they are such a nice couple. They look very happy together. I think that on the floor, Marinin showed a lot of emotions that I didn't really see when he skated with Totmianina. Even though I really liked the couple, I always felt that he suppressed his emotions or maybe the choreography didn't let him open up. Anyhow, I'm happy that he found such a nice girl. In September 2007, their son was born.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJ8EB6za0k

jcoates

Medalist
It's an attractive performance, but not really a tango in terms of steps and hold. It's more a hybrid of pairs and ballet set to tango music and transferred to the dance floor. It certainly utilizes both of their respective skill sets (his strength and comfort with lifts; her posture, leg line and lightness), but it contains little if any of the characteristic kicks and flicks of real tango and not enough face to face dancing. It certainly has feeling and flair, however. Far more chemistry is on display than he ever showed with Totmianina. Their connection is obvious.

brightphoton

Medalist
Me likie.

I've done Argentinean tango before ... it's fun to do yourself, but boring to watch other people do =\ It's not at all athletic. You'd never see an "aerobic tango workout" DVD. This hybrid is much more exciting to watch, so many fantastic lifts, splits, throws, shows of strength and speed!