The Tackiest Idea Ever ; panties for Patrick | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Tackiest Idea Ever ; panties for Patrick

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
:unsure: I think I just internally vomited.

I know what you mean. My reason is totally different from yours, but my reaction is the same. Oh, yak!!!!!!:eek: This pantie incidence has been blown wayyyyyyyy out of proportion. It's not funny, it's disgusting!!!!!!!

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
The CBC commentators all had fun with this. The folks at FSU are having fun with this. And the skaters are having fun with this. You people seem to be the only ones in need of a sense of humour.

Who are us people? It s like someone telling I dont have humor because I dont like Mr Bean? Well...I laugh with Monty Python.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I could take light-hearted laugh for one incidence. But I can't feel the funny part by these on TV promotion kinds of things. I agree with Colleen. It's just tacky at it's best!

Who said not enjoying pantie throwing means a person doesn't know how to have fun? There are plenty, plenty ways to have fun and more......eh... elevated fun...;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Before we rake PJ over the coals further, besides Coleen who actually heard/saw the broadcast? Or are we just jumping on teh bandwagon - no disrespect to the OP, it's just that one can take something said one way while another might hear something completely different.

and IF it comes to be, I hope they don't use tongs, can you imagine the dents in the ice after they plummet to the ice?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
LOL, funny thread. The panties will do;) wonders for Chan's image AND I think he should call Plushy and ask to borrow SEX Bomb for the exhibition. Viewership in Canada is sure to go up.

DianaSelene

Medalist
LOL, funny thread. The panties will do;) wonders for Chan's image AND I think he should call Plushy and ask to borrow SEX Bomb for the exhibition. Viewership in Canada is sure to go up.

No one can look as sexy as Plushenko in his sex bomb costume. It wouldn't work for Patrick. :laugh:

Andalusia

Final Flight
I think what disturbs me most about this idea is that its originators are middle-aged (or older) women. They have put up pictures of themselves so I can say that with certainty. If girls in Patrick's age group were doing it, it would probably be regarded as acceptable and even cute. Older women doing this over someone young enough to be their son or grandson (I don't think Patrick is even 21, is he?) is just plain icky.

I'm trying to picture my mum throwing panties (either hers, anyone else's, or brand new) at anyone, let alone someone barely out of his teens, and I just can't as I know she'd regard the idea as being utterly inappropriate.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Is it any different than the Twilight and Potter moms who go freaky weird at a movie premeire?

Boeing787

On the Ice
Being a practical person, I don't throw teddy bears onto the ice for Patrick; instead, I send money when there is a fund raising event. I think this is what he really needs.

Having said that, I think PJ/CBC is doing the chanty thing to attatract more audience, which is completely understandable. If Patrick can attract more young female audience this way as a rock star does, it's good for the sport. After all, it's his ultimate goal to put figure skating back to the map, right?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Is it any different than the Twilight and Potter moms who go freaky weird at a movie premeire?

Personally, I find those middle-aged Twimoms and their ilk kinda creepy. I remember how one of them publicly asked a (literally teenaged!) Taylor Lautner what type of undergarments he wore and that struck me as a bit...too much. Especially when you consider that if a middle-aged man did exactly the same thing to a teenaged girl, he'd probably be promptly tossed in the slammer.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree. It is really creepy, I'm just saying Chan is hardly the ONLY young guy out there who gets this sort of attention...

Wildstorm

Rinkside
I think it's a fun, silly idea for a good laugh, no harm done. But I agree that the publicity given by PJ was a bit much. Then again, PJ is a little odd.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If this is a good idea, then, as a supporter of the equal rights ammendment, I am working on what us guys should throw out on the ice for our favorite ladies.....

If this is a good idea, then, as a supporter of the equal rights ammendment, I am working on what us guys should throw out on the ice for our favorite ladies.....

Tell me which day, and I'll pull the plug on my TV.

Though it is a great mental image. It's making me laugh more than i have in a good long while! Go, ERA.

And maybe we should all by stock in companies like Hanes, since purchases are going to go up, at least in Canada.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Note quite what I had in mind, but this is a family board and Toni is sooooooo young....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni's nearly 3 years till 30!! (for the longtimers here, I hope that makes you feel old *evil laugh*) :laugh: