MAO ASADA has now evolved into a super artist! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

MAO ASADA has now evolved into a super artist!

miki88

Medalist
I agree with Dragonlady to an extent. Mao was really brilliant in 2008. Strong both technically and artistically. However, I also think she's more interesting now. Perhaps, not as powerful as she was back then but there's sense of cleansing, like she's a woman who survived the battlefield.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I watched Mao's programs at cup of Russia, including ex. She really cast a spell with her pure and emotionally engaged skating. her lines are so pure and superior, her flexibility is the best. Her posture and carriage is now perfect! I used to feel that her head and neck was stiff to some extend, now she is a perfect dancer on ice with every muscle works the exact way it should be, pure beauty and perfection. She is the music. I hope she gets all her jumps and the OGM, that would be a perfect finish for a great skater. I would pay for tickets only to see Mao anywhere she goes.

fairly4

Medalist
i think Mao is getting back to her roots in artistry. i see her more like herself as a 15 year in artistry but skating with a maturity

Vash01

Medalist
Mao was always very artistic. Her 2007 SP skated to Chopin is one of my most favorite ones. Later she tried other styles but they went against the grain. She seems to have rediscovered herself artistically.

Here is her 2007 SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_m4Zc7_4Y

She has always been a balletic, ethereal, lyrical skater.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
She was always gracious but now she knows to work this the most, her spins :bow:, her spiral and her speed are better, she doesnt look uncomfortable though lost a jump. She matured simply. And I love her love for this sport.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Mao wants to regains some of her power in her skating she needs to put a bit of weight on. She looks so fragile like she could break at any moment.

Vash01

Medalist
If Mao wants to regains some of her power in her skating she needs to put a bit of weight on. She looks so fragile like she could break at any moment.

I am not worried about her weight or looking fragile. She has that kind of body frame. She was still able to land 3A-2t combinations with it. I don't think she has lost any weight or muscle. It's a matter of time before she masters her jumps, and adds the 3A.

Artistry

On the Ice
I have always loved her, and I felt that at many competitions, her score should have been higher in the last few years. I guess
the reception of each program depends on the critic... To me, so many of her programs, both SP and LP (and ex),
choreographed by different people, are on such a difficult artistic, emotional and technical level... The Olympic SP is an example...

But a question OT a little:

Where does a fan get VAncouver LP video of Kavaguti and Smirnov? Is there a thread for that?
I subscribed last year to Universal Sports, but Olympics videos don’t seem to be available and youtube blocks them.

Why?