Married? | Golden Skate

Married?

Jo1

Rinkside
I saw a lovely skating show on NBC yesterday called Pandora. Naomi Lang and Peter Chernichev were featured. They are an ice-dance team. I loved them so I enjoyed the show very much. One question, they showed a family picture of Naomi and 2 children with I am supossing her husband. I wasn't sure the picture was of Peter or someone else. Could somebody help me out here? Are they married? They were a very good Ice-Dance team and competed in the early 2000's.

jcoates

Medalist
^^ Correct. Although it is worth noting that they were a couple for a time when they were competing. They always had wonderful chemistry. I believe Peter has remarried as well.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I loved the routines Naomi and Peter did for last year's Pandora show, but I didn't see this year's. I really, really like them as a team and am glad to see them again.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved the routines Naomi and Peter did for last year's Pandora show, but I didn't see this year's. I really, really like them as a team and am glad to see them again.
I always liked them very much but when they were competing they just never got that big break.

T

Taffy

I always liked them very much but when they were competing they just never got that big break.

They competed under the old system of "waiting for your turn." Many teams weren't even on the radar of a "turn."

There were many wonderful and deserving ice-dance teams that were never going to get a break under that system.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mark Fitzgerald proposed to Naomi Lang @ the 2006 Fashion on Ice show in Trenton, NJ. It was definitely a "Kleenex" moment. Kleenex was one of the sponsors, IIRC. I'm glad they showed that moment on the broadcast.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was there too, but a lot of people left the show before the proposal.

L&T were definitely and up and coming team, but she had an injury and then I think she lost her drive to pursue the 'dream'. For a while, there were rumors that Peter and Shae-Lynn would skate together since Kratz decided to retire. I think they actually did train together, but Shae-Lynn didn't wanted to represent Canada and Peter didn't want to give up his US citizenship. Peter and Naomi started skating professionally again after the birth of her 1st child. I was excited to see them back.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think one of the things that kept Naomi from lighting the fire again was the fact that Tanith and Ben were ready to take that top spot, and were getting a lot of positives back from the international circuit - feedback that L/T weren't... better to go out on top.

Brandenburg

Rinkside
Peter is also married to a beautiful Russian woman. He has two step-children and said in a conversation after a Disson show last year that he loves being a father. Hinted that they hoped to have a child themselves as well. He seems very, very happy and is close with Naomi, Mark and their family (the baby was there with Mom and Dad, and he's adorable).

Last edited: