"Herbie" and "Freds" Final Tour | Golden Skate

"Herbie" and "Freds" Final Tour

dizzydi

On the Ice
Herbie and Fred.....

Ladskater,

Boy do I ever agree with you. Lloyd and Isabelle are the most exciting, fun and creative pairs to come along in 40 years, IMHO. I always look forward to their programs and I'm never disappointed. I feel they carry the distinction of the best lifts ever in figureskating.

I will miss seeing their performances so much. I just hope they can instill some of their talents onto their students.

Sincere thanks to Lloyd and Isabelle for all their dedication during their career. Without a doubt, they have left their mark on figureskating forever.

Dizzy

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
I agree, they are just wonderful! They are always entertaining, have amazing skills and seem like such nice people. I love the way they interact with one another - its so nice to see what good friends they are.

At Skate America, Lloyd was there with Isabelle for some reason. I don't think he's officially a coach for Scott and Duhlebohn, but he was with Isabelle by the boards and in the kiss and cry. It was so cute how he got into the program. As Tiffany and Phil would be getting ready for the jumps, he'd bend down like he was really nervous and then react with a big cheer or a grimace depending on how they did. It seemed like he was supporting Isabelle in what may have been her first outing as a coach and it was just delightful to see them together in a different setting.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I absolutely love these two and have been a fan for many, many years..........it was a thrill to see them at the last COI that I attended..........they will be missed.......42

Antilles

Medalist
I will sorely miss them. One of my favourite teams all time. I agree they have the best lifts ever. She's just fearless. I was so happy to finally see them live for the first time last year at SOI.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My feelings exactly! Their lifts were just incredible and always got me on the edge of my seat. As someone stated "Isabelle is fearless." She sure had to have "guts" to do the daring moves she did and Lloyd always treated her like she was a "piece of crystal" as Debbi Wilkes always said. He would throw her up in the air and then ever so gently put her down. I also always liked Lloyd's attitude towards the judges - if he didn't like something he was not afraid to say so! And his spontaneity to the fans was delicious - "We're going to kick butt." Truly it would be hard to find a more personable pair. Well done Lloyd and Isabelle! Merci!!!!

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll always remember Isabelle's gutsy performance with a cracked rib. You could tell Loyld kept on asking her if she wanted to stop after each trick and she would shake her head no. At the end, he stepped aside and applauded her.

Jhar55

Medalist
Going to miss their skating. Wish them the best of what they choose for the future

heyang

Record Breaker
Gardenkitty,

Isabelle cracked a rib before the '94 Olympics and reinjured it just before Worlds. They won the silver at Worlds with the painful skate.