USFS Announces Nominees for Hall of Fame | Golden Skate

USFS Announces Nominees for Hall of Fame

I have a feeling Michelle will make it. :) I guess this answers the question of when Michhelle officially went on the "retired" list.

Rudy should make it if they consider his pro career.

I hope Lori Nicole is elected. Since this is the U.S. hall of fame, do they only count programs that she has produced for American skaters? Or is being born in the u.S. the prime factor?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Watching MK and Rudy get inducted will be a high point for me at nats this year. In skating, there are lots of champions like Sarah H. and Tara L., but then there are only a few Legends like MK. This is gonna be worth the price of the ticket in itself......ya think anyone will be on there feet and screamin'?????:laugh: :rofl: YYYYYYMMMMMMCCCCCAA!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Congratulations to Rudy and Michelle on their nominations. :clap: Very appropriate since Nationals are in San Jose - both won their championships in San Jose when Nationals were here in '96.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Rudy and Michelle on their nominations. :clap: Very appropriate since Nationals are in San Jose - both won their championships in San Jose when Nationals were here in '96.

I'll bet that is one of many deciding factors as to why Rudy is on the list THIS year.

emma

Record Breaker
wow.....this is great news!!! I cannot wait to hear/read the final verdict and watch the induction. I know I'm gonna cry!

^ I think the rule is that you have to be retired for five years. There was a discussion a while back that since she never officially announced her retirement, she would never be eligible. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
When one considers Rudy's career, one should not forget his pairs career:

Twice US senior champion and once US junior champion with Kristi Yamaguchi
A gold & bronze medallist in world juniors in pairs,
Twice 5th at worlds.

A gold, silver and bronze medallist at world juniors in singles.
US novice champion and US senior champion in singles
World bronze medallist in singles in his only world appearance.

His professional career is detailed here:
http://www.rudy-galindo.com/rudy5.htm

It was long, much of it on not one but two artificial hips.

If only for the inspiration Rudy has given to people dealing with disabilities, he is hall of fame worthy.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I add my felicitations with everyone else, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU BOTH DESERVE IT!!!! :love: :points: :yay: :rock:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
He and Bobby Specht were both singles/pairs skaters. Interesting...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What would you give to have Michelle come out and do EAST OF EDEN again followed by Rudy doing YMCA? Now THERE'S a real Gala performance!!!!!!! That's even better than having the coaches do the gala....wait a minute, Angelika Krylova will be there! :love:

hmm, just saw the list of hall of fame people. vera wang? :eek:

Some of the best skating outfits east of Eden. Kerrigan's, Kwan's, don't know who else's. And she was a competitive skater as a youngster, though I'm sure this wasn't a factor.

It's just so great that Kwan's in finally. I know it was a technicality, because she didn't really seem to retire, but however they worked it out, great for her and for us. Is she in the world or Olympic hall of fame? I'm fairly sure the ISU and the IOC have such an honor, but I haven't kept track.