Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1308

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

  1. #1
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    920

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    HANYŪ Yuzuru (Kana: はにゅ うゆづる; Kanji: 羽生 結弦) is a Men’s Singles skater who represents Japan. He was born on 7th December 1994 in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.

    Hanyū is the 2014 Olympic champion, a two-time World champion (2014, 2017), a four-time Grand Prix Final champion (2013–2016), a three-time Four Continents silver medallist (2011, 2013, 2017), the 2010 World Junior champion, the 2009–10 Junior Grand Prix Final champion, and a four-time Japanese national champion (2012–2015). He has also medalled at three other World Championships, taking bronze in 2012, and silver in 2015 and 2016.


    Biographical Info

    ISU Bio:
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010967.htm

    Ice Network Bio:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/yuzuru_hanyu

    Rink Results Bio:
    http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=344

    Stats On Ice Bio:
    https://www.statsonice.com/skater/Yuzuru/Hanyu/

    Tracings Bio:
    http://tracings.net/hany-yuzu.html

    Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzuru_Hanyu


    How Yuzuru Hanyu pronounces his name (video by sabinfire)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAJiRJvGRlo

    Link to the Yuzuru Hanyu Media Only thread, where an amazing array of links to videos, photos, news stories, interviews, and all thngs Yuzuru may be found:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-to-Media-Only


    For more info, see the Full Original Post in the current season's thread.


    Original Post

    This thread is a continuation of the following:

    Season 2009-10
    Season 2011-12
    [This Thread]
    Season 2013-14
    Season 2014-15
    Season 2015-16
    Season 2016-17
    Season 2017-18

    The original thread was divided by seasons in order to better preserve it as a whole as it was too large to stand alone.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 05-05-2017 at 02:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    920

    0 Not allowed!
    His exhibition program at The Ice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilfh5Glsu_U

    Men's Group program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7Vf...layer_embedded

    Finale w/Yuzuru landing 4T-3A @ around 2:10 Javi, Mura, Yuzu come out for a quad battle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzHY...layer_embedded

  3. #3

    0 Not allowed!
    The Yuzu fan page on livejournal http://yuzuru-hanyu.livejournal.com/124693.html with reference to twitter reported some news on Orser-Yuzu tandem. Orser is happy with Yuzu's jumps but he is completely dissastisfied with his SS. He decided to start working on Yuzu's SS from the basis and he is absolutely adamant on that. He even considers the opportunity that if the boy's SS don't improve, Yuzu will skip Worlds-2013 (yeah, and forget JSF opinion ). As I said the source is twitter, and we all know how irreliable and perfectly reliable it can be. But if one word in the above is true, then it's just .

  4. #4
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,259
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    should I laugh? Should I cry? I'm getting crazy!!!!

  5. #5
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,259
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Now I got it! Maybe Orser is so dissatisfied with little Yuzu because of his poor stripper SS and because he continuously cries out for his Winnie Pooh Bear!!!

    no, I can't believe the source is reliable!!

    Let's talk, you know too many languages!!

  6. #6
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    825

    0 Not allowed!
    I think that Hanyu needs better and efficient stroking in order to use the minimum effort for the maximum effect. This will help in his endurance which he definitely has problems with. Charlie White also had asthma ( from what I have read) yet he is able to dance at a tremendous speed.

    Tessa Virtue has had to relearn the way she stroked so as to protect her shins.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    337

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    The Yuzu fan page on livejournal http://yuzuru-hanyu.livejournal.com/124693.html with reference to twitter reported some news on Orser-Yuzu tandem. Orser is happy with Yuzu's jumps but he is completely dissastisfied with his SS. He decided to start working on Yuzu's SS from the basis and he is absolutely adamant on that. He even considers the opportunity that if the boy's SS don't improve, Yuzu will skip Worlds-2013 (yeah, and forget JSF opinion ). As I said the source is twitter, and we all know how irreliable and perfectly reliable it can be. But if one word in the above is true, then it's just .
    Thanks, Let's Talk. Glad you know the languages.

    If this is true, that would be a real shame. A real waste. This is right out there. Can't believe it. Too weird even for Orser.

  9. #9
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    0 Not allowed!
    I think even casual fans can see despite his incredible talent Yuzu needs alot of work in a few areas if he is to reach his potential.

    Hope Yuzu works like a dog to improve his SS as well as his strength and stamina.

    Good for Orser and the rest of the team at Cricket Club for knowing what it takes to build a champion in today's skating world.

  10. #10

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think even casual fans can see despite his incredible talent Yuzu needs alot of work in a few areas if he is to reach his potential.

    Hope Yuzu works like a dog to improve his SS as well as his strength and stamina.

    Good for Orser and the rest of the team at Cricket Club for knowing what it takes to build a champion in today's skating world.
    Pardon my dear but you sound defensive. "Casual fans" are not that dumb as you portrait them and Orser is not the only one who has an expertise on building champions. Actually I am grateful to Tommmy that he/she posted these two gifs: "And his 4T-3A sequences from The Ice 2011, 2012 http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...8o1_r2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...qvu8o2_250.gif " because it gave me one extra chance to compare. It's really difficult to judge by just a 4T/3A seq that takes such a short time. Still. It's not exactly the same boy out there. Youtube links to make it more visible: 2011- www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICH1Jpsq8M and 2012 (at around 2.44) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzHYfHg1lA Look at the entrance on the first video: wide, with big strokes, royal back, light jumps. And then the gorgeous exit, with the hands and head as if he is a noble teen-eagle who is ready to soar to the height of the sky. Each detail is in music and on good speed. And the second video- I don't even want to describe it. Especially his face expression at the end.

  11. #11
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Pardon my dear but you sound defensive. "Casual fans" are not that dumb as you portrait them and Orser is not the only one who has an expertise on building champions. Actually I am grateful to Tommmy that he/she posted these two gifs: "And his 4T-3A sequences from The Ice 2011, 2012 http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...8o1_r2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...qvu8o2_250.gif " because it gave me one extra chance to compare. It's really difficult to judge by just a 4T/3A seq that takes such a short time. Still. It's not exactly the same boy out there. Youtube links to make it more visible: 2011- www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICH1Jpsq8M and 2012 (at around 2.44) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzHYfHg1lA Look at the entrance on the first video: wide, with big strokes, royal back, light jumps. And then the gorgeous exit, with the hands and head as if he is a noble teen-eagle who is ready to soar to the height of the sky. Each detail is in music and on good speed. And the second video- I don't even want to describe it. Especially his face expression at the end.
    Two words for you......Patrick Chan.

    He has set the bar extremely high.

    Orser knows this and knows Yuzu must improve in an area that the CoP rewards so highly.
    We have all seen Patrick fall not just on jumps but on footwork and still get amazing scores.

    Yuzu needs to get in the game. I think he is a prodigious talent and still young enough to to develope his skating.

    Plush could come out and land a couple of quads and not even make the podium in today's scoring system.

    It is not "ice-jumping" today but CoP skating.

  12. #12
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,954

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think even casual fans can see despite his incredible talent Yuzu needs alot of work in a few areas if he is to reach his potential.
    I'm with you on this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Pardon my dear but you sound defensive. "Casual fans" are not that dumb as you portrait them and Orser is not the only one who has an expertise on building champions.
    If Orser really said that Hanyu needs improvement on SS, I think Orser is right on. To Hanyu fans, I don't think you know more than Brian Orser does, sorry to say! Even if Orser didn't say anything about Hanyu's SS, I've in fact already compared his SS with the top skaters' SS before if you remember. What I've found out was his bumpy turns and glides. Yes, he needs to work on SS in order to compete with the world number one. Your darling Yuzuru is amazing, but he needs some serious makeover, you know. Yuzuru knows, and Orser knows.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 08-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.

  13. #13
    Bona Fide Member Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,789

    0 Not allowed!
    Really, as if anyone ever said Hanyu wouldn't need to improve anymore - of course he does, everyone does.
    He's 17 years old, who was complete at that age? Or who ever will be... and pretty much everyone, except some few skaters, should continue to improve with their SS.
    What makes this laughable - if it is even true - is that Orser suppossedly said he'd deny Hanyu the world championships. The same Orser that trains Javier - I like Javi a lot, but his SS are far from being better than Hanyus. More the other way around.

    Besides that, I'd be happy if Orser would focus on SS with Hanyu, although his stamina should be more important - he's already got some pretty monstrous jumps and his spins are great. So that's one of those areas where I think he could still improve pretty well and get even higher scores out of

  14. #14
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Really, as if anyone ever said Hanyu wouldn't need to improve anymore - of course he does, everyone does.
    He's 17 years old, who was complete at that age? Or who ever will be... and pretty much everyone, except some few skaters, should continue to improve with their SS.
    What makes this laughable - if it is even true - is that Orser suppossedly said he'd deny Hanyu the world championships. The same Orser that trains Javier - I like Javi a lot, but his SS are far from being better than Hanyus. More the other way around.

    Besides that, I'd be happy if Orser would focus on SS with Hanyu, although his stamina should be more important - he's already got some pretty monstrous jumps and his spins are great. So that's one of those areas where I think he could still improve pretty well and get even higher scores out of
    I really have no idea what you or Let's talk are trying to say here.

    Orser sees a young skater with potential to win WC's and Olympic medals if he just improves what even casual fans can see is a weakness.

    This incredibly great young 17 year old boy needs to be stronger, have more stamina and part of what will help him NOT fall apart in his LP's is better stroking. And better stamina.

  15. #15
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    242

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Two words for you......Patrick Chan.

    He has set the bar extremely high.

    Orser knows this and knows Yuzu must improve in an area that the CoP rewards so highly.
    We have all seen Patrick fall not just on jumps but on footwork and still get amazing scores.

    Yuzu needs to get in the game. I think he is a prodigious talent and still young enough to to develope his skating.

    Plush could come out and land a couple of quads and not even make the podium in today's scoring system.

    It is not "ice-jumping" today but CoP skating
    .
    On his last competition he claimed the gold, and it was only 7 month ago.

    None of the younger skaters has the maturity that Plushenko shows in his skating, every move is polished, finished and perfect and it took him years to be fine skater as he is right now.

    I don’t understand what Yuzuru or any other skater has better then Plushenko, to move him of the podium.
    Yuzuru is young talented skater, and if anyone compare him to Plushenko, they should compare to Plushenko 16-17 years of age, because by 18 he was already much better then Yuzuru now. See Plushenko win gold at Worlds 2001.

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •