Thread: Isabelle & Paul Duchesnay

Rinkside

Isabelle & Paul Duchesnay

I am a tremendous fan of the brother/ sister ice dance 1991 Champions Duchesnays. I did not see a thread for them, and I wanted to express my admiration and love for this innovative, revolutionary pair of skaters. They retired in 1996, but they still have millions of fans who watch their performances on YouTube. My favorites of all time!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcom to Golden Skate, Min Thea Patrick! The Duchesnays were wonderful

Rinkside
    I love them, too, and I never get tired of watching them.
    They were inspiring and creative, some skaters still name them when asked for their favourites and role models - especially the many brother-sister-teams in ice dancing. The Duchesnays helped a lot to overcome prejudiced thinking regarding siblings pairings in this sport. They had a noticeable connection and complemented each other so well.
    I wish them all the best and hope they are doing fine.

Custom Title
    Thank you for starting this!! I'll never forget their unorthodox jungle routine that helped to advance ice dance at the Calgary Olympics, but was met with low scores from the judges despite their innovation in presentation and great ss. Their "Missing" was a masterpiece. And I enjoyed their West Side Story from the Albertville games, shame that injury and personal circumstances prevented them from polishing it into a great program, even if it wasn't as forward-thinking or experimental as their previous works. Still, they remain faves from my childhood.

Rinkside
    I liked the West Side Story program, too, anyanka, and my heart really went out to them as I learned what a hard year they had had during the run up to the Olympics. I especially admired the way they stood by one another, always.