Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Yuzuru Hanyu

Hi everybody, although I am a new member, I've been paying attention to the forum for some time now.

Yuzuru is the new, and rising skater in men's figure skating. He's one of my favourite skaters, and my absolute favourite new skater. I love his Romeo and Juliet FS - it just takes my breath away. It's not exactly the type of music I would expect a 16 year old to skate to, assuming he hasn't been through the pain of lost love (of course, he might have...I wouldn't know).

What do you guys think about him? I definitely think he will be a podium threat at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. I predict he will be a world champion by 2014, and win the Japanese Nationals within the next few years. He has so much talent...if only he can improve his physical strength and stamina :(

I love him!!!! He reminds me a bit of Johnny Weir (who I also love)
    Yuzuru is so expressive!!! Can't wait to see more of him.

Custom Title
    I think he's too skinny tho.....makes him look to much like a little boy :( He's pretty tall too!

Custom Title
    Yuzuru's been my favorite male skater since I saw his Firebird program from Japanese Jr. Nationals. He's absolutely breath-taking to watch. I love how he gives his whole body to the performance even though some ppl think that makes him look uncontrolled. It also helps that he is just so damn adorable. That face >.< Yuzuru doesn't really remind of Johnny that much. For me the only resemblance is the body type. To me he seems more like a male version of Mao but with better jump technique. If he ever outgrows his asthma, the other guys better watch out.

Here's a tumblr with tags of Yuzuru
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/yuzuru+hanyu
    Last edited by FTnoona; 11-29-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru is fabulous. I hope he makes the Japanese world team this season.

Welcome to the forum, Wildstorm. Post often, post long!

Custom Title
    Actually now that I think about it, I don't really think his asthma is that much of a problem for him. Did anyone else notice that after his FS at CoR he didn't look that tired? I think it might be more stamina now considering he really likes to perform all out with his whole entire body but at Russia when he toned it down he had no problem getting through his program except for the weird fall on the footwork.

Medalist
    I was blown away with Yuzuru Hanyu's freeskate at the 2012 Worlds. He is so special!!!! He is supremely talented but I believe what separates him from all of the top male skaters in the world including Daiske Takahashi is his abiltity to connect to the audience. He skates with heart and soul and true emotion which is just unbelievable for a 17 year old. I predict he will be a world and an olympic champion! I am 53 years old and have seen many great skaters but have never been as moved as I was by the Romeo and Juliet Freeskate of Yuzuru Hanyu. I just adore him.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Kimganos, Welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!

Medalist
    Thank You! I am delighted to be here!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Kimganos, Welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!
    Thank You Doris! I am delighted to be here!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kimganos View Post
    I was blown away with Yuzuru Hanyu's freeskate at the 2012 Worlds. He is so special!!!! He is supremely talented but I believe what separates him from all of the top male skaters in the world including Daiske Takahashi is his abiltity to connect to the audience. He skates with heart and soul and true emotion which is just unbelievable for a 17 year old. I predict he will be a world and an olympic champion! I am 53 years old and have seen many great skaters but have never been as moved as I was by the Romeo and Juliet Freeskate of Yuzuru Hanyu. I just adore him.
    I predict the same If this forum still exists in the next couple of years, I'll come back to show my posts to non-Yuzuru believers, just to tell them "I told you so"

Custom Title
    Anyone who purchased Yuzuru's book received it yet? Please share the details

Rinkside
    I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!
    Sources: in Japanese, though...

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...8-jij-spo.html

During the press conference on WTT for Japanese media on Apr 4th, Mr. Ito of JSF explained them the reason for Yuzuru's withdrawal from WTT owing to his anckle injury. He twisted it in Nice, during a practice?, I do not know exactly when. But as a result he needed an injection, a painkiller prior to his LP and skated it that great. Unbelievable, isn't it?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast