Page 11 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 41324

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #151
    kilyca
    Guest

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!! I really admire Yuzuru's courage, and his maturity for someone his age.....

    I am without words; he's just such a great character
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    kilyca, Thank you so much for the translation.
    It is part that I was able to translate.

    One year just passed from an earthquake disaster.
    I experienced that earthquake disaster, too and received the influence of the radiation by the nuclear plant accident.
    Therefore I sympathize with YUZURU very much.
    Last edited by kilyca; 03-10-2012 at 04:03 PM.

  2. #152
    kilyca
    Guest

    0 Not allowed!
    I remembered that YUZURU said on a different video.It about his SP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI_-2...feature=colike

    It is talked about his complicated feelings that lost many things in a big disaster.
    and The reason why he chose this music as.

    YUZURU said in this way.
    0:30
    "Scriabin Etude in D# minor, op. 8 no. 12."
    The title in the Japanese is "悲愴"(pathetic)

    1:11
    "wave ..., the sorrow about the tsunami, a violent wave, the calm sea. Those images appeared among oneself"

    1:35
    "It is a sad image"
    "But I do not want a Japanese victim to feel sad".

    I think that he was able to express it enough.


    I add a postscript to that YUZURU said in this way.
    "Do not fade The memory of the earthquake disaster. I want you to remember a stricken area by watching my skating."
    Last edited by kilyca; 03-12-2012 at 09:59 PM.

  3. #153
    kilyca
    Guest

    0 Not allowed!
    The funny support video to Japanese male skaters. Because Yuzuru is included, I introduce it here.
    http://youtu.be/WvGw8E2DN9E

  4. #154
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,109

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilyca View Post
    The funny support video to Japanese male skaters. Because Yuzuru is included, I introduce it here.
    http://youtu.be/WvGw8E2DN9E
    i've watched this three times already!! hahha so cute <3

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,214

    0 Not allowed!
    thank you for the vids

    I feel for him and I admire his toughness even in times of great troubles in his country

  6. #156
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,359

    0 Not allowed!
    How sweet. What a nice story. Peace on Earth to all!!!!

  7. #157
    Bona Fide Member skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,965

    0 Not allowed!
    May God help all the Japanese people marking 1 year anniversary of earthquake/tsunami/reactors meltdown. It is terrifying, the natural disasters. In America, tornados ripped thru several states in March! This is not tornado season. It usually happens beginning in June. The earth is very sick, and I hope everyone with faith in a higher being prays because the earth is clearly so sick. In my area we had snow in October, before the leaves even changed or fell. I do collage art with leafs or used to. 1994 was the last year I could find unblighted maple leaves in my area. Then the so called Asian beetles came in this decade and destroyed so many maples and we had to cut hundreds and still the spread is not secure. Between an ice storm 4 years ago and the Asian beetles, we lost so many trees. Parts of the area have a barren look. It is so upsetting to see the photos of Japanese tsumnami. The earth is out of balance and I think everyone is afraid as every week, there is natural disaster somewhere.

    I don't think God will reverse what we humans are doing to the earth. The world mourns with Japan.

    Thanks for those adorable videos. Who was the skater dressed like the samurai warrior? It was funny to see Brian's image pop up amidst all the japanese skaters. I would love to experience a show in Japan, or better a competition because the skaters like Mao and Dai are like rock stars. It must be very entertaining to experience this mania for skating in Japan. (or Korea for that matter!) Sad Yuna is not around anymore.
    Last edited by skateluvr; 03-13-2012 at 09:58 PM.

  8. #158
    kilyca
    Guest

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    May God help all the Japanese people marking 1 year anniversary of earthquake/tsunami/reactors meltdown. It is terrifying, the natural disasters. In America, tornados ripped thru several states in March! This is not tornado season. It usually happens beginning in June. The earth is very sick, and I hope everyone with faith in a higher being prays because the earth is clearly so sick. In my area we had snow in October, before the leaves even changed or fell. I do collage art with leafs or used to. 1994 was the last year I could find unblighted maple leaves in my area. Then the so called Asian beetles came in this decade and destroyed so many maples and we had to cut hundreds and still the spread is not secure. Between an ice storm 4 years ago and the Asian beetles, we lost so many trees. Parts of the area have a barren look. It is so upsetting to see the photos of Japanese tsumnami. The earth is out of balance and I think everyone is afraid as every week, there is natural disaster somewhere.

    I don't think God will reverse what we humans are doing to the earth. The world mourns with Japan.

    Thanks for those adorable videos. Who was the skater dressed like the samurai warrior? It was funny to see Brian's image pop up amidst all the japanese skaters. I would love to experience a show in Japan, or better a competition because the skaters like Mao and Dai are like rock stars. It must be very entertaining to experience this mania for skating in Japan. (or Korea for that matter!) Sad Yuna is not around anymore.
    Yes, disaster happens to anyone so that you say.
    The earth is not existence for only human prosperity.
    So we get ready to reduce damage and must live.

    In Japan, The warning was left on a monument and ancient documents and a historic spot and the place name which people several hundred years ago and 1,000 years ago made . " When big earthquake was generated, and a tsunami came to here." We thought it to be a mere old tale, and we overlooked the warning from ancient people.
    But we modern people could leave a concrete picture and a scientific record.
    It's same about the tornado and hurricane and abnormality of creature and etc.
    There studies advance and should be able to reduce damage.

    So, we Japanese don't forget that people different in religion to believe in gave prayer with the same feeling. Thanks!
    As kriwyr1009 wrote it before, we welcome many gods. So, many gods of the world gave us wisdom and morality.


    The name of the samurai skater is Tatsuki Machida(町田 樹). His unique expression is shown in 4CC of this year. If he becomes able to jump with confidence, more high ranks are not impossible. (it applies to Mura too)

    The factor that Mao and Daisuke surely made popularity of the skating.
    But now. All skaters are STARS in the ice show and competition, in Japan. Of course including foreign skaters!☆
    The videos of many competitions and foreign skaters is uploaded in "nicovideo". We watch the broadcast content such as CBC and Universal Sports and Euro Sports and translated and enjoy them.
    When we found that there was a vacant seats, on the video of a competition held in a foreign country "No way! I wanted to go there and wanted to sit in that seat!!!!! (ah...but had no time no money...orz)" we say together like that.
    Japanese skate mania respects a personality and passion of the skaters very much.

    If my English is strange, I'm sorry. Because grammar and expressions are too different in Japanese and English. But I don't give it up
    Last edited by kilyca; 03-18-2012 at 10:51 PM.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,163

    0 Not allowed!
    Too much talent in Japan. Amazing.

  10. #160
    kilyca
    Guest

    0 Not allowed!
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....58iu%2BZyjc%3D
    Favorite collage Ninja YUZU

    This link to the video site "nicovideo" of Japan. The collage clip that Yuzuru changes into the costumes of other skaters with Kozuka. It is the work of the person who made Ninja YUZU.
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17046192

    Footnote
    It is displayed by a Japanese language first, but you can choose English language when you push written in "Facebookでログイン". you can watch it with Facebook account.
    When it is not Facebook, push 「はじめての方はアカウント新規登録へ」[making new account] and transmit an e-mail address. When you register from a URL in the email, you can choose a language in lower part of the screen.
    Last edited by kilyca; 03-19-2012 at 12:12 AM.

  11. #161
    kilyca
    Guest

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    can yuzuru speak english? i can't seem to find any clips of him speaking....
    It became late, but I reply to it.

    He told that he was weak in English before.
    However, he seems to be able to reading and hearing a conversation only a little.
    And it was said that he took the communication by a gesture somehow.
    He can image the English word, but, like many Japanese, it seems to be hard to express it by a conversation. If he will training under a foreign coach in the future, like Miki Ando and Daisuke, his English may improve.

  12. #162
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,205

    0 Not allowed!
    Latest news on the Japanese skaters with a special focus on Yuzuru, broadcasted on Fuji TV last night.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ML6fjaD0O0

    Seems Yuzuru is in a good shape.
    Hope he will do well in Nice!

  13. #163
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,109

    0 Not allowed!
    just out of curiousity - does anyone know if Yuzuru or any member of Team Japan is romantically linked to another skater??

  14. #164
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,599

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Latest news on the Japanese skaters with a special focus on Yuzuru, broadcasted on Fuji TV last night.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ML6fjaD0O0
    Is this Arakawa talking? Thanx for vid!
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    I’m kinda surprised that Plushy said Hanyu is the one to beat instead of someone like Chan…At which interview did Plushy say this? Does anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I don't know the whole story behind this, but often an athlete will diss another one by ignoring him.
    He has talked about Hanyu in many interviews like 2010
    For example, the junior world champion Yuzuru Hanyu is very emotional, malleable, a brilliant athlete. He already performs the most complex elements. I was offered big money to work with him, but I refused. Firstly, because he will be my opponent...

    since they toured Japan in summer 2010 but one recent I found that I think the poster was refering to is this one from Cor 2011

    - First place of the 16-y. o. Japanese Yuzuru Hanyu was unexpected for you?
    - He is going towards his aim for a long time. Sometimes he lacks stability, but this is due to his age. There growing a very serious competitor for our country, our athletes and for me personally. At practices the Japanese does two quads - Salchow and toe loop in combination. Just few cross-overs (несколько перебежек) - and two difficult jumps. We performed at the exhibitions in Japan. Igor Bobrin worked with him, and his victory in Moscow is logical.

    So I think mentioning Chan was rather irrelevant.

  15. #165
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    100

    0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, seniorita.
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    just out of curiousity - does anyone know if Yuzuru or any member of Team Japan is romantically linked to another skater??
    Hanyu is not romantically linked to anyone. He has never had a girlfirend.

    As for other Japanese skaters, I heard that Asada is romantically linked to Kozuka and Daisuke admitted he fell in love with Yukina Ota at first sight. Yukina is such a lucky girl. Why aren’t they dating?

Page 11 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •