Page 23 of 303 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by kilyca View Post
    I translated it as much as possible.
    Thanks a ton for your translations! It's very interesting to know Yuzuru a little more. He seems to be smart boy, very determined and competitive. Love him even more now )))
    I just hope that he'll not have any big injuries (unfortunately it's hard to escape them at all in this sport), wish him speed recovery and good rest now.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    That face alone deserves +3 GOE.
    Agree

Custom Title
    Hanyu's biellmann spins looks so much more impressive on photo. I don't really like when he does in his programs though.
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....GlEQ1wmG4pc%3D

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Hanyu's biellmann spins looks so much more impressive on photo. I don't really like when he does in his programs though.
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....GlEQ1wmG4pc%3D
    It's the release from the Biellmann that makes it a bad move for Hanyu. His leg springs back down violently. He doesn't do enough revolutions with the Biellmann to make it an effective move, either. I think he should drop it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    It's the release from the Biellmann that makes it a bad move for Hanyu. His leg springs back down violently. He doesn't do enough revolutions with the Biellmann to make it an effective move, either. I think he should drop it.
    I think it's just one of Hanyu's favourite positions. He's been doing it since he was a little kid, so it gives him confidence. I agree, he should remove it from the next season on, unless it really fits into the music.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Agreed. He should definitely do another position b/c he could get more points for his spin that way. It looks like he sometimes has a difficult time staying on the sweet spot of the blade during his spin too makes it look too labored.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Rinkside
    I'm totally new here
    I read some last pages, but still couldn't find out whether Yuzuru injured his right ankle before or during the FS (the bizarre fall >_<) in Worlds. So was it before or during the FS?

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    That face alone deserves +3 GOE.
    This cracked me up. True, that face is priceless. I swear I will never ever forget the exciting and touching feeling when I was watching him skating his FS on live stream. Supreme and phenomenal!

About Yuzuru's spin, I also think he should drop one that he did right before he made that priceless face. I think he's way above the position of that spin, just personal opinion.
    Last edited by Nattou; 04-05-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattou View Post
    I'm totally new here
    I read some last pages, but still couldn't find out whether Yuzuru injured his right ankle before or during the FS (the bizarre fall >_<) in Worlds. So was it before or during the FS?

This cracked me up. True, that face is priceless. I swear I will never ever forget the exciting and touching feeling when I was watching him skating his FS on live stream. Supreme and phenomenal!

About Yuzuru's spin, I also think he should drop one that he did right before he made that priceless face. I think he's way above the position of that spin, just personal opinion.
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM

He was injured before the FS and had to get painkillers injected into him (from other posters). He had an ankle injury during the GP series too so it may have never healed (my guess). Peter Carruthers also hates the A spin and said the same exact thing as you "he is so above that position in the spin".

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm totally new here

Nattou, Welcome to Golden Skate! May you post long and often!!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Nattou, Welcome to Golden Skate! May you post long and often!!
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM

He was injured before the FS and had to get painkillers injected into him (from other posters). He had an ankle injury during the GP series too so it may have never healed (my guess). Peter Carruthers also hates the A spin and said the same exact thing as you "he is so above that position in the spin".
    Thank you for the welcomes

Goodness me, so he did injure his ankle before the FS. How come I didn't know that? So that explained the bizarre fall out of nowhere. I was afraid he hurt his left kneecap since it hit so hard directly on the ice, but now it turned out to be his right ankle being the reason. I can't believe he beautifully succeeded in the quad and triple jumps. I assume that after the fall, both his legs hurt like hell (but to be honest, I don't want to think about that ), yet he managed to pull out a majestic performance, not to mention the Exhibition. Such an admirable and inspirable person Yuzuru is.

I don't like the position of A spin. EuroSport commentator (I don't know his name) loves Yuzuru's spins during his SP. He said "Just about the best spinner in the world. Can’t think of anybody who does better than that." And I think so too. That's why I said he was way above the A spin. I'm looking forward to see something new and fabulous next season.
    Last edited by Nattou; 04-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    ^ Takahashi also admires Y's spins - after the small medal ceremony he said he wanted Y to teach him how to spin. He's ever humble, that guy.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    ^ Takahashi also admires Y's spins - after the small medal ceremony he said he wanted Y to teach him how to spin. He's ever humble, that guy.
    Yeah, I just read the translation of that interview. Yuzuru's spins are fierce and fast, but I think Daisuke's spins are great too. I'm totally in love with his spin at the end of his SP. But still, I think Yuzuru's the best spinner among those I've seen.

Custom Title
    Yeah, I just read the translation of that interview. Yuzuru's spins are fierce and fast, but I think Daisuke's spins are great too. I'm totally in love with his spin at the end of his SP. But still, I think Yuzuru's the best spinner among those I've seen.
    His back sit spin looked even faster when he was younger. This was him with his mushroom haircut in 2007 his back sit was beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu89vC7xJGE

Yuzuru probably just lost concentration when he fell on that turn. You could totally tell he was going down. Must have hurt a lot b/c he probably didn't expect to fall, but he did a lot better in recovering compared to CoR.
    Last edited by FTnoona; 04-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Custom Title
    I'd be amazed he is able to held on to his Biellmann when he reaches 18 next year or beyond. This is such an insane spin for guys and even for ladies who are not naturally flexible. Are there any other male skaters able to do this?

Oh yeah I remember it was either Chris or Simon from UK Eurosport said he is one of the best spinner in the world! I recorded and can go back to check. I think they just meant males skaters. Spinning wise, I think ladies still have the advantages in term of flexibility and such.

[ Oh hi Nattou btw, yeahhh more Hanyu fans here ]
    Last edited by os168; 04-05-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Rinkside
    His back sit spin looked even faster when he was younger. This was him with his mushroom haircut in 2007 his back sit was beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu89vC7xJGE

Yuzuru probably just lost concentration when he fell on that turn. You could totally tell he was going down. Must have hurt a lot b/c he probably didn't expect to fall, but he did a lot better in recovering compared to CoR.
    Oh yeah, that "Firebird" performance, one of the most impressive since he was at such a young age. I was like... holy freak, look at the positions and speed ∑(O_O;)

I remember some commentator said something about wrong edge regarding of his fall. He looked really down when he tried to stand up, but the next moment he was like bam the 3A-3T. Such great concentration!

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I'd be amazed he is able to held on to his Biellmann when he reaches 18 next year or beyond. This is such an insane spin for guys and even for ladies who are not natural flexible. Are there any other male skaters able to do this?

Oh yeah I remember it was either Chris or Simon from UK Eurosport said he is one of the best spinner in the world! I recorded and can go back to check. I think they just meant males skaters. Spinning wise, I think ladies still have the advantage in term of flexibility and such.

[ Oh hi Nattou btw, yeahhh more Hanyu fans here ]
    Yeah, I also think he was talking about male skaters. But really, Yuzuru and Plushenko are the only men I've seen to perform Biellmann (http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/p.../plushenko.jpg). If Yuzuru is still able to to it after he turns 18 or 19, that'd be mad impressive. However, it'd be better if he could spring his leg down less 'violently'. By the way, Mao Asada's Biellmann is my favorite! XD

And hi there, nice to find out this forum
    Last edited by Nattou; 04-05-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Page 23 of 303 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast