Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Spectator

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaguita View Post
    Quite off-topic but: does anyone know from which soundtrack Yuzuru got his FS music? I know it's Notre Dame de Paris, but the original one had lyrics and the music that he used seemed to be an instrumental cover...Thanks in advance!
    sampaguita, his music is from the album of Notre Dame de Paris music recorded by the orchestra 'I Fiamminghi'. The songs he uses in his FS are Les Temps des Cathedrales, Les Sans-papiers, Tu Vas Me Detruire and Danse Esmeralda; in that order I believe.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Yuzu: (Completely embarrassed, but there's no corner to hide in, so his knee-jerk reaction is to hide his face behind that scanty pint-sized box he's been holding )
    Lol, That was sooo cute!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny Weir:
    I am currently working with David Wilson, a master choreographer, on designing a new costume for Japanese national champion Yuzuru Hanyu, and I hope to help more skaters in this way.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/blog/post/3...competing-year

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    I am currently working with David Wilson, a master choreographer, on designing a new costume for Japanese national champion Yuzuru Hanyu, and I hope to help more skaters in this way.
    Thanks for posting!! I assume the new costume comes out in time for Worlds in London and is for his LP?

Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Johnny Weir was on a Japanese TV show featuring his career, marriage and thoughts on Japanese skaters this afternoon.
    About designing costumes, he said that Yuzuru was the first and would be the last male skater for him to design the costume while he has intention of helping pair teams or ladies.
    It was an interesting show (at least to me), I hope it will be on YT!
    The youtube video is gone, but here is the relevant transcript:

For me its very important to support the young skaters because I remember when I was coming up, a lot of the older skaters were nervous about me, and weren't so nice all the time. So if young skaters ask for my help I'm always happy to do it. And Yuzuru's so talented and so interesting to look at on the ice, so I wanted to help even its just with his fashion. And it was his first year when he was competing at the senior level, so I wanted to help and give him an edge, so he didn't look like a baby.

Of course I will accept other people's ideas or wanting to work with me in some way, but I think it's just Yuzuru for me as my man skater. if lady or pair team ask me I would like to help but I'm very loyal to my friends. Yuzuru was the first and until he's done skating he would be the last.
    Last edited by jjane45; 02-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    I assume the new costume comes out in time for Worlds in London and is for his LP?
    I was thinking the same thing, too. It could be a new costume for his Notre Dame LP. Cos, wouldn't it a bit too early to design next season's costume(s) when they still haven't decided on the programs?
    Thanks ser22 for the info.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    And let's say this year's LP costume received a lot of... um mixed reviews? ;D

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I agree! I think the new costume will be in London.
    Last edited by ser22; 03-01-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I have mixed feelings about waiting for the new costume.: Biggrin:

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about waiting for the new costume.: Biggrin:
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings too. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the last costume Johnny designed for Yuzuru, but we'll see!

0 Not allowed!
    weir costume.. "foundation, lotion, milky lotion", shichi-go-san girlish kimono, kawai skirt outfit in THE ICE...

Yuzu, come back home.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    4CC FS CBC Commentary
    LOL at Kurt's comment at 0:53 alluding to Yuzu's bad encounter with a door leaving the hotel:
    What's obvious to me that walking through a door is harder for him than doing four revolutions. That is absolutely, quintessentially perfect.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I agree!

It shocked me.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Oh boy... CBC commentators surely found out about the accident very quickly.
    Are there any more reports in Japan regarding of the new costume?

Spectator

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    No, jjanet, since he is preparing for Worlds in Canada, no news, no reports, no interviews these days. But Worlds is almost 10 days away, so we'll see.

Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast