Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Yuzu! We are proud of you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5vzU169uwI

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Yuzu is just so strong, he really have champion mentality, but next time please care about your health first!

I think his 80 was deserved, except I will give him +10 bonus for his fighting spirit and being adorable!
    Lol, ITA

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Yuzuru for your fighting spirit! It was an amazing skate, so proud of you!
    Also thanks for all translations in these thread)))
    I hope that Yuzuru and B.Orser will learn a lot from these season and next will only be better! Now Yuzuru must take a rest and take care of his health and then we will wait for new amazing programs! (I surely will miss this year's SP)

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaguita View Post
    Yuzuru: "It was fighting spirit. My knee and ankle are injured, but I thought I would strive to complete it even if I collapse at the end. I have this immense feeling of achievement. "
    (
    So so happy he managed to skate the way he wanted to under the circumstances, I agree with the poster who said he has a champion's mentality. So proud to be a fan! Hopefully he'll skip WTT to focus on healing up and that no further damage was done to his knee... His team has serious work to do in coming up with a better method to keep him healthy heading into next season. I'm starting to think he's got a bit of a hot-headed teenager approach to his training though, and I don't agree that his health and injury problems can be entirely blamed on his coaching team. He's got to learn to be responsible about his well being and not do things like overtraining while away from his coach or practicing quads in secret. That's got to come from him, it's part of the growing process.

I think 80 PCS was a fair enough mark, but it definitely could've been higher when considered in the context of some of the other skaters' scores. Not to take anything away from him, but Javi pretty much won the bronze over Yuzuru based on the 5 PCS differential between them. It'd be a bit more understandable if Javi had another Euros kind of skate here, but .

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    He's got to learn to be responsible about his well being and not do things like overtraining while away from his coach or practicing quads in secret. .
    Did Yuzu practice Quads in secret in Canada ?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Yuzu withdraw from the Exhibition Gala.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    Yuzu withdraw from the Exhibition Gala.
    Huh? How could he have withdrawn when he wasn't invited in the first place?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Not been invited to gala?

0 Not allowed!
    I think he might not be feeling well enough to have skated there.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post

Not been invited to gala?
    Well, why should he have been invited if he's not physically fit? Better give the spot to someone who's completely healthy and ready to entertain the crowd. =)

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Well, why should he have been invited if he's not physically fit? Better give the spot someone who's completely healthy and ready to entertain the crowd. =)
    Sorry.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Little Yuzu,you're umbelivable! Go back home and restore yourself, your health, your life, your skating and your magic -wild-raw-passionate artistry!

Next year i want to see you point your finger to the sky again !

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone have more news on his ligament injury? It sounds severe enough that he not only skips gala (if healthy no doubt he'll be there) but also the world team trophy. Get well soon Yuzuru and take GOOD care of yourself!!!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru is on the list of skaters who will be appearing in Art on Ice, held in Yoyogi National Gymnasium, 1st Gymnasium which has the capacity of 13,291 people, in Japan, on June 1-2. The list might be tentative, though, as they might add more names or remove the ones who can't perform due to extenuating circumstances.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Does anyone have more news on his ligament injury? It sounds severe enough that he not only skips gala (if healthy no doubt he'll be there) but also the world team trophy. Get well soon Yuzuru and take GOOD care of yourself!!!
    It's only to be expected that he skiped Gala and WTT, either ligament injury or avulsion fracture requireds at east 4 weeks for recovering, in his case, since the injury of his ankle has become kinda chronic, plus ligament injury of his knee, I think he'll take time off more than 4 weeks.

Wish our boy a speedy recovery.

Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast