Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 1308

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

  1. #886

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    He says that he can execute 3A three times in a row and mentions that he has done a 4S-3A sequence in an ice show before. However, the writer (Tatjana Flade) says that we shouldn't get our hopes up and expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season, as Yuzu says that it'd be difficult to incorporate them into competitive programs.
    Huh?

    Did Yuzu actually said that or it's some kind of misinterpretation? He shouldn't even consider 4S-3A or 3A-3A(-3A) in competitions, neither this season nor in the following. I know Orser always says Yuzu decided this, Yuzu decided that, but what the coach is for I wonder. No way I would believe that Orser doesn't know that to perform this stuff makes no sense under the current CoP. The 4S(or 4T)-3A and 3A-3A (or plus one more 3A) doesn't count as combo, i.e. 100% rewarded. It counts as sequence, i.e. the base value will be lesser than if he does 4S and 3A as separate jumps. Considering the risk of getting -GOE for such seq. it makes the idea to put them in competitions even more meaningless. He should resume his quad combo that he gave up thanks to Orser. The last tiime when I saw him live performing the quad combo was at PIW at a fan meeting after the show. He landed 4t and fell on the second jump. I though it's just summer. I didn't even consider that I won't see any quad combo from him in the coming season. But I was wrong.

  2. #887
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    924

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Huh?

    Did Yuzu actually said that or it's some kind of misinterpretation? He shouldn't even consider 4S-3A or 3A-3A(-3A) in competitions, neither this season nor in the following. I know Orser always says Yuzu decided this, Yuzu decided that, but what the coach is for I wonder. No way I would believe that Orser doesn't know that to perform this stuff makes no sense under the current CoP. The 4S(or 4T)-3A and 3A-3A (or plus one more 3A) doesn't count as combo, i.e. 100% rewarded. It counts as sequence, i.e. the base value will be lesser than if he does 4S and 3A as separate jumps. Considering the risk of getting -GOE for such seq. it makes the idea to put them in competitions even more meaningless. He should resume his quad combo that he gave up thanks to Orser. The last tiime when I saw him live performing the quad combo was at PIW at a fan meeting after the show. He landed 4t and fell on the second jump. I though it's just summer. I didn't even consider that I won't see any quad combo from him in the coming season. But I was wrong.
    I highly doubt his CoP savvy team would incorporate that into his program, or at least I hope they should know better.
    I think the quad combo is more of a wow factor with the way CoP is structured now, well at least in the SP. For the short program at least, Hanyu's jump base value with the 4T, 3A(x), 3Lz-3T(x) is 30.76. If he went for 4T-3T, 3A(x), and 3Lz(x), his base value for jumps would be 30.35.
    I'd like to see him to a 4T-3T for the wow factor, but CoP thinking wise, it makes sense if he chooses to stick to the current layout. What would the math be like if he did the quad combo in the free? There would be a quite a few jump changes wouldn't there?

    This picture of Hanyu, Shouma, and Keiji is adorable. I think there is also a video somewhere of the duo lifting Shouma during jr. nationals.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/37d24bc43...5lxeo1_400.jpg

    Old video of an even younger Hanyu being all jumpy and happy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ixkO4V-K5O8

  3. #888
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    234

    0 Not allowed!
    ^^ The part where it's said "we shouldn't expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season" is not quoted, so I suppose it's Tatjana's personal interpretation based on her assessment of Yuzuru. However, he did say that it'll be difficult to include the sequences in competitive programs, whether it's because he doesn't think it's a good idea due to the point mark-down or because he's not confident to execute them well due to his current physical condition is not elaborated. Keep in mind that I'm basing all of these info on a Japanese translation of the original article as I'm not subscribed to IFS and don't have the copy of the magazine. So, we might have to wait until the article becomes directly accessible to us to get a more definitive idea of what's being implied.
    I don't necessarily think that it's a bad idea to perform these sequences in competitions, as they do carry the 'wow' factor that might encourage certain changes in the TES evaluation as they seem to be more difficult to perform (okay, may be a bit of wishful thinking on my part). But I don't think it's such a stretch to think that he, himself, might consider incorporating them in his competitive programs in the future. At least, that's what comes across my mind whenever I see him ambitiously trying to land them in various Gala Finales and ice shows.

  4. #889
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    An article was published at sportsnavi blog, on 26th March
    http://www.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/ajps/article/42

    Some valuable information released, I translated the major part of it due to lack of time.

    I sense the key of whole special training plan altered to deal with such difficult physical condition is to avoid Yuzuru's knee injury get worse.
    Based on recent injury information update, Yuzuru's suffered Jumper's knee, irresistible pain but no tendon rupture or ligament tear after MRI examination.

    The result told it all. I cannot imagine as if Yuzuru's injury was a torn ligament or tendon tear, each one takes at least one year to get a full recovery, which means basically his Sochi dream could end in fire.

    Again wish Yuzuru a speedy recovery.

    The practice was resumed four days before Yuzuru head to London, Ontario, In first of two days, Yuzuru only practice basic skating skills one hour each day. The left two days he focused on a run through, contributing to his stamina, no jump practice included. Switching to jump practicing part, triple loop, without drawing left foot to take off, is the only triple jump he executed in the practice, others went to double. Yuzuru started to try quad till he took Pain-Killer during official practice.

  5. #890
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    Hello! It's my 1st post in this forum but I read it for some times.

    I hesitated to write something here because I know that I won't certainly post so often, I have troubles to express my thoughts clearly in english.
    But finally I decided to show my support for Yuzuru even if it's just one post.

    I used to be one of those who criticised his changing location and coaching, but I felt worse than anything and thought it was useless to wish something we can't control.
    Yuzuru makes his own decisions and whatever they are, we can't prevent him for doing it. So we just have to accept it, if not, it's like banging your head against a wall, it hurts.
    wxunxx's 1st post made me realised this. And I feel better now, thinking that way.
    So like she/he said, let's trust Yuzuru and wait. And congratulation for his graduation! Party on!
    It's a she.
    And I'm really glad the information I put out makes you walk through, actually that's the reason I came here.

  6. #891
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    An article was published at sportsnavi blog, on 26th March
    http://www.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/ajps/article/42

    Some valuable information released, I translated the major part of it due to lack of time.

    I sense the key of whole special training plan altered to deal with such difficult physical condition is to avoid Yuzuru's knee injury get worse.
    Based on recent injury information update, Yuzuru's suffered Jumper's knee, irresistible pain but no tendon rupture or no ligament tear after MRI examination.

    The result told it all. I cannot imagine as if Yuzuru's injury was a torn ligament or tendon tear, each one takes at least one year to get a full recovery, which means basically his Sochi dream could end in fire.

    Again wish Yuzuru a speedy recovery.
    Thank you for the link! I didn't know his condition was that terrible. Nevertheless, he came in forth place in the competition. I believe Yuzu will be unbeatable when he can trust his body. I was concerned with so many things about Yuzu before (choreo, costume, coaching, media exposure, haters, etc.). Now, all I care about him is his health.

  7. #892
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    237

    0 Not allowed!
    Congratulation Yuzu!!!!

  8. #893
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    ^^ The part where it's said "we shouldn't expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season" is not quoted, so I suppose it's Tatjana's personal interpretation based on her assessment of Yuzuru. However, he did say that it'll be difficult to include the sequences in competitive programs, whether it's because he doesn't think it's a good idea due to the point mark-down or because he's not confident to execute them well due to his current physical condition is not elaborated. Keep in mind that I'm basing all of these info on a Japanese translation of the original article as I'm not subscribed to IFS and don't have the copy of the magazine. So, we might have to wait until the article becomes directly accessible to us to get a more definitive idea of what's being implied.
    I don't necessarily think that it's a bad idea to perform these sequences in competitions, as they do carry the 'wow' factor that might encourage certain changes in the TES evaluation as they seem to be more difficult to perform (okay, may be a bit of wishful thinking on my part). But I don't think it's such a stretch to think that he, himself, might consider incorporating them in his competitive programs in the future. At least, that's what comes across my mind whenever I see him ambitiously trying to land them in various Gala Finales and ice shows.
    I have IFS magazine April issue (English) and this is what it says;

    Hanyu said he was initially nervous about including a quad Salchow in his free program because he felt it was hard to do in competition. But he is known for doing some crazy things on the ice, such as triple Axel-triple Axel sequence. "I can do three triple Axels in a row. I did a quad Salchow-triple Axel sequence in a show," he said with a smile.
    But don't expect him to attempt that in a competition, at least not this season. "It is too hard to do in the program."


    These sequences, of course, have a wow factor. But I don't think it's worth a try in the program in terms of points or stamina. Orser said that Yuzu will have three quads in his free next season. So I think that we will see a quad toe-triple toe combo in Yuzu's program. I hope he will keep his Triple Axel-triple toe combo. It's really a beauty.

  9. #894
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    234

    0 Not allowed!
    ^ Thanks for the clarification.

    Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Orser said that Yuzu will have three quads in his free next season. So I think that we will see a quad toe-triple toe combo in Yuzu's program.
    That seems to be the direction they're heading as it's also Yuzuru's main emphasis when he refused to give up 4S in his Notre Dame FS even though Orser suggested doing so. If the SOI intro video can serve as evidence, CC seem to be training him to do 4T-3T so it's very likely that we'll see that in his program(s) next season.
    As FTNoona said, I don't think his team would allow him to do these sequences in competitions, especially in the Sochi Olympics season, as they need to rack up as many points as possible in order to win. They'd rather have him learn something like the more COP-friendly 3A-4T than let him incorporate the sequences in competitive programs even though they are exciting to watch.

  10. #895
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    249

    0 Not allowed!
    When did we last see 3A-4T in competition? At the rate today's quad boys are improving it's certainly possible. Wow.

  11. #896
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    234

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    When did we last see 3A-4T in competition? At the rate today's quad boys are improving it's certainly possible. Wow.
    I don't think it has been done in a competition before? But I've seen a video of Plushenko attempting the combination before and it seems that he successfully landed it in practice back in 2010.

  12. #897
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,506

    0 Not allowed!
    When I saw the first paragraph mentioning the adjectives "irresponsible and hotheaded," I feared that I'd hear some tale of his skipping training a la Christopher Bowman or training lackadaisically like Tonya Harding. But no, he's pushing himself extra hard and maybe even practicing extra in secret. Such a "hothead" is a credit to skating. But he has to take care of himself! We don't want him to end up like the notoriously driven Tara Lipinski, unable to skate while still a teenager. I hope that Hanyu has a career that's as enduring as Plushy's, and to do that, he has to learn how to pace himself.

  13. #898
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    237

    0 Not allowed!
    My opinion, but not a good coach Orser him.

    But I respect his decision.

    Go Yuzu!

  14. #899
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,306
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I hope that Hanyu has a career that's as enduring as Plushy's, and to do that, he has to learn how to pace himself.
    Once again , may I defend the "irresponsible and hotheaded" samurai kid who was heroically able to survive coachless and without major injuries to 60 shows in a row ?

    Yuzuru has already demonstrated to be able to overcome insanely difficult training situations by himself, if you can only have some faith in him.

  15. #900
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru has a history of overtraining himself issue, I would say at least six or seven years. Ironically, he used to hate training too hard but things changed at his 4th grade.

    I hated to carry a great deal of practice when I was little. But my attitude changed after I win All Japan Novice Championships at my 4th grade in primary school. It was first time in my life I was training really hard. Under my coach's guidance (FYI it was Coach Tsuzuki Shoichiro), I did train seriously through after-shcool morning and night pratice , I think that's the strength driven me to win. (文藝春秋 April 2013)
    Yuzuru lived his skater life from one extreme to another afterwards. Coach Nanami said countless times Yuzuru was the most hardworking skater she's ever seen.

    Due to overtaining himself, Yuzuru injuried himself couple of times before even he's career just about to start, fatigue fracture, avulsion fracture and frequent low back pain. And now Jumper's knee.

    I do hope Yuzuru, as he said in the pigeon post interview, he realized he was trained too hard without coach, he should have taken a slow start.

    Without any hesitation sports injury absolutely is most cold blood killer of skater's life IMAO.

Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •