Page 92 of 931 FirstFirst ... 42 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 142 192 592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 13953

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Custom Title
    ^ Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Orser said that Yuzu will have three quads in his free next season. So I think that we will see a quad toe-triple toe combo in Yuzu's program.
    That seems to be the direction they're heading as it's also Yuzuru's main emphasis when he refused to give up 4S in his Notre Dame FS even though Orser suggested doing so. If the SOI intro video can serve as evidence, CC seem to be training him to do 4T-3T so it's very likely that we'll see that in his program(s) next season.
    As FTNoona said, I don't think his team would allow him to do these sequences in competitions, especially in the Sochi Olympics season, as they need to rack up as many points as possible in order to win. They'd rather have him learn something like the more COP-friendly 3A-4T than let him incorporate the sequences in competitive programs even though they are exciting to watch.

Custom Title
    When did we last see 3A-4T in competition? At the rate today's quad boys are improving it's certainly possible. Wow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    When did we last see 3A-4T in competition? At the rate today's quad boys are improving it's certainly possible. Wow.
    I don't think it has been done in a competition before? But I've seen a video of Plushenko attempting the combination before and it seems that he successfully landed it in practice back in 2010.

Custom Title
    When I saw the first paragraph mentioning the adjectives "irresponsible and hotheaded," I feared that I'd hear some tale of his skipping training a la Christopher Bowman or training lackadaisically like Tonya Harding. But no, he's pushing himself extra hard and maybe even practicing extra in secret. Such a "hothead" is a credit to skating. But he has to take care of himself! We don't want him to end up like the notoriously driven Tara Lipinski, unable to skate while still a teenager. I hope that Hanyu has a career that's as enduring as Plushy's, and to do that, he has to learn how to pace himself.

Custom Title
    My opinion, but not a good coach Orser him.

But I respect his decision.

Go Yuzu!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I hope that Hanyu has a career that's as enduring as Plushy's, and to do that, he has to learn how to pace himself.
    Once again , may I defend the "irresponsible and hotheaded" samurai kid who was heroically able to survive coachless and without major injuries to 60 shows in a row ?

Yuzuru has already demonstrated to be able to overcome insanely difficult training situations by himself, if you can only have some faith in him.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    It's a she.
    And I'm really glad the information I put out makes you walk through, actually that's the reason I came here.
    And I thank you for that, because when I read it I immediately saved it on my folder and I'll check it every time I doubt about Yuzuru.

Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Orser said that Yuzu will have three quads in his free next season.
    Really, 3 quads?!! That's crazy! I just wonder what kind will be the 3rd one. I read somewhere that he would like to learn quad loop.
    Let's hope his body can handle it.
    Too bad that 3A-3A sequences aren't worth the try in terms of points. It's a thing of beauty! So does his quads sequences [x] [x] [x] I could stare at it all day!

Medalist
    Yuzuru has a history of overtraining himself issue, I would say at least six or seven years. Ironically, he used to hate training too hard but things changed at his 4th grade.

I hated to carry a great deal of practice when I was little. But my attitude changed after I win All Japan Novice Championships at my 4th grade in primary school. It was first time in my life I was training really hard. Under my coach's guidance (FYI it was Coach Tsuzuki Shoichiro), I did train seriously through after-shcool morning and night pratice , I think that's the strength driven me to win. (文藝春秋 April 2013)
    Yuzuru lived his skater life from one extreme to another afterwards. Coach Nanami said countless times Yuzuru was the most hardworking skater she's ever seen.

Due to overtaining himself, Yuzuru injuried himself couple of times before even he's career just about to start, fatigue fracture, avulsion fracture and frequent low back pain. And now Jumper's knee.

I do hope Yuzuru, as he said in the pigeon post interview, he realized he was trained too hard without coach, he should have taken a slow start.

Without any hesitation sports injury absolutely is most cold blood killer of skater's life IMAO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Newsclip about his training in Canada: here

He says he's now training 5-6 hours a day, which is double the amount he did previously: he's so tired he goes straight to bed after practice. Off ice, he started attending dancing (hip hop) lessons to broaden his expression range.
    this is the message #557, 8/21/12

I didn't know Yuzuru was just like Mao!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunamao View Post
    Really, 3 quads?!! That's crazy! I just wonder what kind will be the 3rd one.
    Not three types of quads. I think we should expect to see a solo 4T, 4T in combination (most probably 4T-3T) and solo 4S in his free program next season.

Medalist
    And I thank you for that, because when I read it I immediately saved it on my folder and I'll check it every time I doubt about Yuzuru.
    No problem at all. I'm happy I could help.

This thread used to be so negative about Yuzuru's coach change decision due to lack of information.
    I believe there are a lot of Yuzuru fans or people whom care about Yuzuru's carrer checked this fan thread frequently even without resisted a GS ID, well just like I did before.
    So what I'm trying to do now is to deliver his own voice here, his thoughts, his decision,his everything.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Not three types of quads. I think we should expect to see a solo 4T, 4T in combination (most probably 4T-3T) and solo 4S in his free program next season.
    Actually that's a may not a must. So we will see what's going on next season. But I'm sure Yuzuru desperately want to put three quads in his free program. He insisted couple times before.

On the Ice
    Really, 3 quads?!! That's crazy! I just wonder what kind will be the 3rd one. I read somewhere that he would like to learn quad loop. Let's hope his body can handle it.
    Will it be like quad toe, quad toe-triple toe, and quad sal like Javi's FS? Since it looks like it takes about 2 years to have a consistent quad (or triple axel) at a competition for Yuzu, I think next season his quad sal will be quite good in the program. Thinking about 3 quads in one program makes me worry about Yuzu's stamina. But like he said, he doesn't like to lose and the skaters with 3 quads already beat him at competition. I think he will go for 3 quads in his free.

Anyway, a jump layout in the program is decided by a coach and a skater. Even if Yuzu wants 3 quads really bad, he will not be able to do them if Orser doesn't allow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wxunxx View Post
    So what I'm trying to do now is to deliver his own voice here, his thoughts, his decision,his everything.
    isn't it just a bit too much?

poor kid!

party on

Medalist
    Preciously Yuzuru's training was quite rough. He said he mostly just fly jumps because he only could take one hour alone ice rink time, so jumps came to the first, he also understood he didn't practice enough time of basic skating skills. (Magazine Number 822), and he loses control while he trained himself too many jumps. (Article ユズルが天才である理由 by田村明子).

And Yuzuru said once in SOI TV program he loves to challenge himself with executed triple axel while he's exhausted, the reason is kinda funny, he simply just wants to know how strong he is. I have to say my mind became blanked after he said that. Sigh.

Page 92 of 931 FirstFirst ... 42 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 142 192 592 ... LastLast