Page 11 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 5944

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

  1. #151
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #152
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,410

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    OH MY GOSH. I was not prepared to be taken my breath away by this photo. Just stunning!!! immediately right click and save it

  3. #153
    Spectator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    93

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Yunamao!

    "David Wilson, the famous choreographer and former figure skater, praises Hanyu, saying the young skater is able to leave everything on the ice.

    “There are few skaters in the world who can do that,” Wilson said."
    So true!

    " “I’d like to express my individuality more and more,” he said.

    Though he pays a huge physical toll performing such demanding elements ( Ina Bauer and Bielmann spin ) he is exacting about them, saying, “I’ll do them until my back breaks.” "


    I know it's very Yuzuru, but your back should not be broken!

  4. #154
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    276

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    Though he pays a huge physical toll performing such demanding elements ( Ina Bauer and Bielmann spin ) he is exacting about them, saying, “I’ll do them until my back breaks.” "


    I know it's very Yuzuru, but your back should not be broken!
    This is a VERY old quote, must be at least from two years ago if not more... we have no way of knowing if he has changed his mind or not on the issue, growing up. All of this article, I have to say, is not really up-to-date

  5. #155
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Many thanks, LT!!!

    Skaters and friends!

    Wow! Italian fashion suits Yuzu perfectly!


    http://twitpic.com/dh0x5l
    http://twitpic.com/dh0yq1
    http://twitpic.com/dh0vvv

  6. #156
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    237

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Many thanks, LT!!!

    Skaters and friends!

    Wow! Italian fashion suits Yuzu perfectly!


    http://twitpic.com/dh0x5l
    http://twitpic.com/dh0yq1
    http://twitpic.com/dh0vvv
    Thanks!
    They are like a big family.

  7. #157
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    697
    Country: Japan

    0 Not allowed!
    TV documentary of Yuzuru aired on October 12.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKsW...ature=youtu.be

  8. #158
    GS Supporter msteach3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    618
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    TV documentary of Yuzuru aired on October 12.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKsW...ature=youtu.be
    Wow thank you so much for sharing! Great video...just wish I knew what Yuzu was saying. Maybe someone would be kind enough to translate some of it if they had time. Enjoyed it anyway.

  9. #159
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    337

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    This is a VERY old quote, must be at least from two years ago if not more... we have no way of knowing if he has changed his mind or not on the issue, growing up. All of this article, I have to say, is not really up-to-date

    It is interesting that his ina bauer and biellmann look so strong this year (not that they were not always wonderful). In the back of my mind, I have been wondering how much longer he would be able to keep them. It may be my imagination, or such a fantastic defeat my sad expectation that they would not be there in his program some day, but, being somewhat familiar with the history of his skating (this thread is great for catching some of his earlier skates through links), both of those "bends" looked better at Finlandia this year than they ever have to me. My first thought when I saw the video of the practice, and confirmed when I saw the feed of the fs, was that he had, at least for this season (or perhaps for Finlandia), reversed the aging process. Maybe he is hiding the pain through sheer willpower and spirit, but it really seemed that he was in control of what he was doing and working within the bounds of what his body could take (he made it look like he could well handle them, but he does that I get the impression even when he is pushing himself beyond what he should . . . only he knows). No one can certainly fault him if he drops them from his routine, and he is still so amazing without them, but the way that he is doing that ina bauer this year is to die for.

  10. #160
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by phaeljones View Post
    It is interesting that his ina bauer and biellmann look so strong this year (not that they were not always wonderful). In the back of my mind, I have been wondering how much longer he would be able to keep them. It may be my imagination, or such a fantastic defeat my sad expectation that they would not be there in his program some day, but, being somewhat familiar with the history of his skating (this thread is great for catching some of his earlier skates through links), both of those "bends" looked better at Finlandia this year than they ever have to me. My first thought when I saw the video of the practice, and confirmed when I saw the feed of the fs, was that he had, at least for this season (or perhaps for Finlandia), reversed the aging process. Maybe he is hiding the pain through sheer willpower and spirit, but it really seemed that he was in control of what he was doing and working within the bounds of what his body could take (he made it look like he could well handle them, but he does that I get the impression even when he is pushing himself beyond what he should . . . only he knows). No one can certainly fault him if he drops them from his routine, and he is still so amazing without them, but the way that he is doing that ina bauer this year is to die for.


    I agree with you that at FT Yuzu was so much in control and looked stronger in general , even if his body is still very thin. I’m happy it wasn’t my impression only!

    About spins I think they have improved a lot from the very beginning of the season, True Love spin at 1:35 is to die for and one of the best I’ve ever seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku5qVnDSr-c

  11. #161
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,410

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post


    I agree with you that at FT Yuzu was so much in control and looked stronger in general , even if his body is still very thin. I’m happy it wasn’t my impression only!

    About spins I think they have improved a lot from the very beginning of the season, True Love spin at 1:35 is to die for and one of the best I’ve ever seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku5qVnDSr-c
    Yes, That is one beautiful spin, my fav part of true love, it matched that piece of music perfectly, notice when he changes edge and positions and how that matches music!
    it is also my impression that Yuzu's inna Bauer and bellman has much better control than before, I guess perhaps, he has better dance training, or just better training in general, such as proper warm up/stretch/strength training regime. I have confidence that he will keep inna bauer and bellman for years to come.

  12. #162
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,410

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    TV documentary of Yuzuru aired on October 12.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKsW...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks!! adores the interaction between Yuzu and David and Brian. Nicely documented how a skating genius is cultivated. Loved his will power when he is trying to learn that 4S. looking good Yuzu!

  13. #163
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Country: Italy

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    TV documentary of Yuzuru aired on October 12.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKsW...ature=youtu.be
    thank you so much! the R&J step sequence at 4:50 is simply

  14. #164
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,410

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    thank you so much! the R&J step sequence at 4:50 is simply
    agreed that is the step sequence suppose to be , hope yuzu can bring it in future competition.

  15. #165
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,004

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    A bit off topic from skating, but,

    I think many of you know that Yuzuru is a baseball fan.

    This year, (Sendai based) RAKUTEN Eagles won the league title. And also, Hiroshima Carp, Yuzuru's favorite team secured the spot in the Climax Series (just like the Wild Card in MLB). Hiroshima Carp (only team owned by citizens, not by an enterprise in Japan) could not win for years, so Hiroshima fans are so excited

    Yuzuru must be very happy and excited too. I hope this could be a propitious sign for him

    Both teams are now fighting to win the title of Japanese Champion.

Page 11 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •