Page 236 of 397 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 286 336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5944

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

  1. #3526
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,956

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esopian View Post
    It really funny that we're discussing Hanyu's future of coaching students when it hasn't even reached 2018 yet! I bet (as mentioned above) with his father's teacher genes, he'll be an excellent coach who is kind yet pushes his students to do their best.
    ^I know. Blame channah's translation of his post parade interview and that we're in between skating seasons.

  2. #3527
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,288

    0 Not allowed!
    hey, we just have a wide variety of topics here never boring!


    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Oh yes, I forgot his father is a teacher, he might inherited those skills. Both my parents are teachers and my sister is also great at teaching
    haha, I hope that teacher-gene thing works out for the kid, too I'm the living proof for the opposition
    (threw in the towel after two semesters of studying to become a teacher, my impatience got the better of me )

  3. #3528
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Maria Victoria for correcting me. I hope someday Yuzuru can appear together with Nanami coach in an interview.

    And Yuzusan I wish I could understand Japanese as well. Maybe someone would kindly translate the video or maybe just the gist of it.

  4. #3529
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,956

    0 Not allowed!
    ^@rainingstar: I think therapist is also a correct description of what he's doing for Yuzuru .

  5. #3530
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10

    0 Not allowed!
    I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing. I think it would be interesting and fun to see him skate to a more upbeat/happy song.
    Jazz style

    Besides that, oriental type of songs like First Love by Joe Hisaishi in my opinion fits him. I can imagine him wearing a Yukata top just like his Hana ni Nare exhibition song.

  6. #3531
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    681

    0 Not allowed!
    Personally, I think Yuzuru could be a great coach Taking his family background into consideration as well, he also has great techniques and has natural skaters instinct. He's analytical and is able to fully step back and recognize what needs working on (something he does to himself) and that's something that some coaches lack. Maybe now that he's getting basics training from Tracy he'll pick up some thing from her as well, and also teach his students the need for early off-ice training (for posture/lines; stamina; etc) It'd be fun to see what kind of coaching style he has

  7. #3532
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,389
    Country: Honduras

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rainingstar View Post
    I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing. I think it would be interesting and fun to see him skate to a more upbeat/happy song.
    Jazz style

    Besides that, oriental type of songs like First Love by Joe Hisaishi in my opinion fits him. I can imagine him wearing a Yukata top just like his Hana ni Nare exhibition song.
    I want him to do soemthing very fun.

    And I want him to do a exhibition to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOW8ZuLG2o

  8. #3533
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    227

    0 Not allowed!
    These two articles are a bit old by a couple months ..but i haven't seen them posted here yet...

    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...?tcid=fb_share

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yuzuru-...210115040.html

  9. #3534
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,176

    0 Not allowed!
    According to this article, Yuzu's suit at the emperor garden is actually tailored made. He can't go out due to his post-Olympic fame and has to stay in a hotel. So the tailor went to his hotel room to take his measure. But why are the sleeves still that long then?
    http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/artic...0002-jisin-ent

  10. #3535
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,956

    0 Not allowed!
    ^Thanks skatefan22 for the info. Actually I previously posted that that suit actually fitted Yuzuru compared to some suits I have previously seen him wear, i.e., his Team Japan gray blazer which he wore to his victory parade in Sendai seemed to me a trifle too large for him. Re the overly long sleeves, maybe that was by design?

    Anyway, here's a shot of Yuzuru with Chris Caluza where Yuzuru's sleeve almost covered half of his hand: https://24.media.tumblr.com/4c620d14...ulho1_1280.png.

    PS: Thanks rainingstar, celestecruz, and won0066 for the links.

  11. #3536
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,176

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^Thanks skatefan22 for the info. Actually I previously posted that that suit actually fitted Yuzuru compared to some suits I have previously seen him wear, i.e., his Team Japan gray blazer which he wore to his victory parade in Sendai seemed to me a trifle too large for him. Re the overly long sleeves, maybe that was by design?
    Yes. That suit fits better. I have no problem with long sleeves, many Asian fans think it is actually quite cute to have them almost covered part of his hand, including me.

  12. #3537
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,288

    0 Not allowed!
    Personally I'm not a fan of those long sleeves but if the rest fits that well, I can ignore this little flaw (and come to think of it, maybe they did it on purpose if the sleeves were any shorter they would probably roll up to his elbow whenever he does one of this 'signature poses' - which he kinda does all the time right now )

  13. #3538
    Spectator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    93

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan22 View Post
    According to this article, Yuzu's suit at the emperor garden is actually tailored made. He can't go out due to his post-Olympic fame and has to stay in a hotel. So the tailor went to his hotel room to take his measure. But why are the sleeves still that long then?
    http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/artic...0002-jisin-ent
    Thanks to skatefan22 for the info. Recently I was starting to think long sleeves may be his new charm. Anyway, his mother is capable of so many things. A super lady indeed.

  14. #3539
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,288

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rainingstar View Post
    I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing.
    again?


  15. #3540
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,389
    Country: Honduras

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    again?
    It will be interesting to see what his new skills can do to with the song... and since we have R&J V2 Why not Sing v2?

Page 236 of 397 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 286 336 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •