Page 358 of 939 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 408 458 858 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 14078

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Rinkside
    Thank you Maria Victoria for correcting me. I hope someday Yuzuru can appear together with Nanami coach in an interview.

And Yuzusan I wish I could understand Japanese as well. Maybe someone would kindly translate the video or maybe just the gist of it.

Custom Title
    ^@rainingstar: I think therapist is also a correct description of what he's doing for Yuzuru .

Rinkside
    I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing. I think it would be interesting and fun to see him skate to a more upbeat/happy song.
    Jazz style

Besides that, oriental type of songs like First Love by Joe Hisaishi in my opinion fits him. I can imagine him wearing a Yukata top just like his Hana ni Nare exhibition song.

Ice is slippery.
    Personally, I think Yuzuru could be a great coach Taking his family background into consideration as well, he also has great techniques and has natural skaters instinct. He's analytical and is able to fully step back and recognize what needs working on (something he does to himself) and that's something that some coaches lack. Maybe now that he's getting basics training from Tracy he'll pick up some thing from her as well, and also teach his students the need for early off-ice training (for posture/lines; stamina; etc) It'd be fun to see what kind of coaching style he has

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rainingstar View Post
    I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing. I think it would be interesting and fun to see him skate to a more upbeat/happy song.
    Jazz style

Besides that, oriental type of songs like First Love by Joe Hisaishi in my opinion fits him. I can imagine him wearing a Yukata top just like his Hana ni Nare exhibition song.
    I want him to do soemthing very fun.

And I want him to do a exhibition to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOW8ZuLG2o

Tripping on the Podium
    These two articles are a bit old by a couple months ..but i haven't seen them posted here yet...

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...?tcid=fb_share

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yuzuru-...210115040.html

Custom Title
    According to this article, Yuzu's suit at the emperor garden is actually tailored made. He can't go out due to his post-Olympic fame and has to stay in a hotel. So the tailor went to his hotel room to take his measure. But why are the sleeves still that long then?
    http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/artic...0002-jisin-ent

Custom Title
    ^Thanks skatefan22 for the info. Actually I previously posted that that suit actually fitted Yuzuru compared to some suits I have previously seen him wear, i.e., his Team Japan gray blazer which he wore to his victory parade in Sendai seemed to me a trifle too large for him. Re the overly long sleeves, maybe that was by design?

Anyway, here's a shot of Yuzuru with Chris Caluza where Yuzuru's sleeve almost covered half of his hand: https://24.media.tumblr.com/4c620d14...ulho1_1280.png.

PS: Thanks rainingstar, celestecruz, and won0066 for the links.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^Thanks skatefan22 for the info. Actually I previously posted that that suit actually fitted Yuzuru compared to some suits I have previously seen him wear, i.e., his Team Japan gray blazer which he wore to his victory parade in Sendai seemed to me a trifle too large for him. Re the overly long sleeves, maybe that was by design?
    Yes. That suit fits better. I have no problem with long sleeves, many Asian fans think it is actually quite cute to have them almost covered part of his hand, including me.

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Personally I'm not a fan of those long sleeves but if the rest fits that well, I can ignore this little flaw (and come to think of it, maybe they did it on purpose if the sleeves were any shorter they would probably roll up to his elbow whenever he does one of this 'signature poses' - which he kinda does all the time right now )

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan22 View Post
    According to this article, Yuzu's suit at the emperor garden is actually tailored made. He can't go out due to his post-Olympic fame and has to stay in a hotel. So the tailor went to his hotel room to take his measure. But why are the sleeves still that long then?
    http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/artic...0002-jisin-ent
    Thanks to skatefan22 for the info. Recently I was starting to think long sleeves may be his new charm. Anyway, his mother is capable of so many things. A super lady indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by rainingstar View Post
    I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing.
    again?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    again?
    It will be interesting to see what his new skills can do to with the song... and since we have R&J V2 Why not Sing v2?

yaaa, ok, but that's at least different music for the same theme there's so much wonderful music out there... and it's not like he's gonna have a gazillion competitive programs in his life... I just like more variety (but hey, it's his decision, who am I to talk and since it seems to be the norm to use the same 'war horses' over and over again, why not repeat yourself...)

wow, check out those drawings. beautiful.

Page 358 of 939 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 408 458 858 ... LastLast