Page 522 of 687 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 572 622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 10296

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

  1. #7816
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    230
    As a Japanese, I didn't even notice mens yukata is always of dark colors

    Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

    Anyway, I see mens yukata in dark colors very masculine and cool.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata

    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B5%B4%E8%A1%A3

    Edit: I like his yukata of the last year more.

    http://prcm.jp/album/yuzuhanyu/pic/31872347

  2. #7817
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    As a Japanese, I didn't even notice mens yukata is always of dark colors

    Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

    Anyway, I see mens yukata in dark colors very masculine and cool.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata

    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B5%B4%E8%A1%A3

    Edit: I like his yukata of the last year more.

    http://prcm.jp/album/yuzuhanyu/pic/31872347
    Thanks for the info Suzy how many things do we learn in this thread?

  3. #7818
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmgse View Post
    Thanks for the info Suzy how many things do we learn in this thread?
    So far:
    Type of personalities
    Who is grass and who eats eat
    About Yukatas
    Lot´s of music
    Chopin´s ballade stories
    Types of food in Japan
    Digestive track diseases
    When you plant a tree in Japan
    The history and prestige of Waseda University
    Types of earphones
    How many versions of Romeo & Juliet music there are
    Choreographers

    Thorse out of the top of my mind

  4. #7819
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    there's a chance I might try to see Spain in the wintertime
    I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :-)

  5. #7820
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chiba, Japan
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    So far:
    Type of personalities
    Who is grass and who eats eat
    About Yukatas
    Lot´s of music
    Chopin´s ballade stories
    Types of food in Japan
    Digestive track diseases
    When you plant a tree in Japan
    The history and prestige of Waseda University
    Types of earphones
    How many versions of Romeo & Juliet music there are
    Choreographers

    Thorse out of the top of my mind


    Actually, I learnt myself, through "blood types", "grass-eater, meat-eater", "S type-M type" talks, that Japanese are the people who really like to categorize things or people

    So, next time Yuzuru is categorized in something, guys, don't worry too much. It's just a Japanese habit

  6. #7821
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    You can have Yukata in any color you like --and any pattern. It's a light-weight traditional garb that you usually see during the summer time festivals and parties etc. You also see them a lot in onsens. I'm not sure when these are given out...maybe it's the costume for the after show banquet? There are certainly trends in Yukatas though.
    Thank you! I thought they receive the certain number of Yukatas and have to choose from those to wear. So I was surprised men wore only dark colours and Yuzu seemed to have the most festive kind of Yukata. I loved it so much, I'd wear it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by echotpe View Post
    The yukata clothing for skaters at DOI were sponsored by SOU・SOU, a brand based on Kyoto, Japan. The designer mentioned Yuzu chose the style of yukata himself.

    See more at SOU・SOU website

    Their new styles of 2014 for lady are quite attractive to me!
    http://www.sousou.co.jp/other/2014ss/?
    Wow, thank you so much! I went through all the models trying to figure how they'd look on me. But honestly- Yuzu's Yukata is the best on my taste. I wonder why they didn't bring the dark green and dark red design, those look very interesting on their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    As a Japanese, I didn't even notice mens yukata is always of dark colors

    Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

    Anyway, I see mens yukata in dark colors very masculine and cool.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata

    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B5%B4%E8%A1%A3

    Edit: I like his yukata of the last year more.

    http://prcm.jp/album/yuzuhanyu/pic/31872347
    Thank you so much for the details, quite an intersting read! Oh, if there were indigo ones... I'd totally wear an indigo coloured Yukata (with a simple embroidery like the one Javi wore last year). That colour looks kind of regal you know, expensive one. It was very interesting to read that the traditional Yukata is of the basic simple dark colours and are used till the fabric is gone in pieces.
    I actually loved both Yukatas Yuzu wore last year and this year, they both seem to look fresh and elegant, suit him a lot. Plus this year Yukata with those flowers- they look like little Sun symbols, quite suitable for him as a reigning King of Figure Skating. Or shall I say- the young FS Emperor?

  7. #7822
    Custom Title lbc2138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post
    I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :-)
    Haha we should do a Yuzuru fan girl meet up as we attempt to coordinate our posters for the GPF....

    Do you know what the weather will be like in December? I heard it's not much different from the East coast, which is where I'm planning on traveling from.

  8. #7823
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    41
    [QUOTE=firal;955660]

    I had already bought tickets(plus accommodation and airfare) to Skate Canada, so I was hoping he would be there too, but oh well. (Will I see anyone there??)


    I will be at Skate Canada as well....see you there!!!!

  9. #7824
    fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post
    I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :-)
    I've only been to Spain once (somewhere around Almeria) but I'm not a big fan of hot places, so I guess I'd probably like it better in the winter anyway Besides, with a flight time of 2 hours Barcelona is practically within spitting distance and the air fare is usually no more than 150€, so I'm definitely more than just considering this.

    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    Haha we should do a Yuzuru fan girl meet up as we attempt to coordinate our posters for the GPF....

    Do you know what the weather will be like in December? I heard it's not much different from the East coast, which is where I'm planning on traveling from.
    we should totally team up I'll bring the glitter and the gemstones

    don't know about the weather and don't know if this helps you in any way, but here's some kind of weather log for Barcelona

  10. #7825
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie_20 View Post
    I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :-)
    Hello everyone! I've found this forum not too long ago and have been trying to read as much as possible as I'm fairly new to figure skating.

    I'm also considering to go see GPF this year. Having said that, I'm not sure if I can afford the time to go. 2015 World would be a better time for me, but I suppose tickets would be hard to get because Yuzu has a lot of fans in China whereas figure skating is not as popular in Spain yet. Actually, I really really wish he can either go for Skate Canada or Skate America instead. :P

  11. #7826
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    265
    Anybody knows how to buy tickets for GPF?

  12. #7827

  13. #7828
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    64
    Kind of off topic but can someone confirm if this is Ryuju Hino's real twitter account? twitter.com/nagarjuna212 It seems like it is based on the number of followers and the amount of tweets. If it is then his profile picture is the one with Yuzuru at the Yukatas ^^

  14. #7829
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambari View Post
    Kind of off topic but can someone confirm if this is Ryuju Hino's real twitter account? twitter.com/nagarjuna212 It seems like it is based on the number of followers and the amount of tweets. If it is then his profile picture is the one with Yuzuru at the Yukatas ^^
    I can't confirm it 100% but I just saw that Nam and Marien de la Asuncion (an ice dancer i think) are following him so I guess it's his real account?




    To make my post relevant here's johnny's latest instagram pic with Yuzu and Javi: http://instagram.com/p/p-GFPjBhaW

  15. #7830
    Custom Title lbc2138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by pooh91 View Post
    To make my post relevant here's johnny's latest instagram pic with Yuzu and Javi: http://instagram.com/p/p-GFPjBhaW
    No matter how many times I see him, it still baffles me how slender Yuzuru really is. Johnny and Javi look great and they all look so happy together :D

Page 522 of 687 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 572 622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •