Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

sampaguita

Rinkside
sampaguita, his music is from the album of Notre Dame de Paris music recorded by the orchestra 'I Fiamminghi'. The songs he uses in his FS are Les Temps des Cathedrales, Les Sans-papiers, Tu Vas Me Detruire and Danse Esmeralda; in that order I believe. :)

Thank you very much! :) I found Les Temps des Cathedrales by I Fiamminghi on youtube, I hope I can find the rest. It's good music. :)

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Thank you very much! :) I found Les Temps des Cathedrales by I Fiamminghi on youtube, I hope I can find the rest. It's good music. :)

Yes, I love the music; I actually have all the songs on my ipod (I Fiamminghi version). If you can't find the rest of the songs I'd be willing to send them to you or something, though I don't know how that would work or if I'm even allowed to be saying this on the forum... :think:

figuristka

Medalist
In the pj Kwong interview she said she was not sure Hanyu 100% healthy since 4cc and she heard rumblings in that way. Any news on this? I for one hope Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi are all healthy and have great competitions.

jjane45

On the Ice
According to this magazine, Yuzuru is now 173 cm tall. He is growing!
http://gekkan.bunshun.jp/mwimgs/4/4/-/img_44a0b46da76303f0e42209555daaa860603588.jpg

And a whopping 53 kg (~117 lbs)... :scowl: :frown: :bang:

In the pj Kwong interview she said she was not sure Hanyu 100% healthy since 4cc and she heard rumblings in that way. Any news on this? I for one hope Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi are all healthy and have great competitions.

Hope he is fine.

pitterpatter

On the Ice

Hope he's okay... I wish PJ wouldn't speculate like this, if he's injured/sick and you want to report it, then report it as such, if he's not or you're not sure then don't bring it up on the offhand in an interview. Passing off 'rumblings' when you're in the FS media does no one any good, only causes fans more worry.

ser22

On the Ice
Yuzu:
Ten years from now I think I’ll… have landed a quad axel. Just kidding (lol). But, I’ll be 27? Will my body be holding up then… I think I’ll be done when I’m 22-23. Retired then I guess? If I continued 10 years from now, it’ll be tough on my body.

What will skating be like 10 years from now?

Not sure about 10 years from now but… when I’m 22-23, I’ll have evolved as a skater. Right now, there are a lot of younger skaters who are great at dancing. If they get their jumps together, our generation probably won’t be able to win! Also, the skaters the same age as me haven’t moved up to seniors yet. Once they move up, we can compete side-by-side… and I think a new quad era will come. In that era, I want to be a skater who can stand at the very top until the very end along the lines of Takahashi and Patrick.

ser22

On the Ice
Yuzu:
Ten years from now I think I’ll… have landed a quad axel. Just kidding (lol). But, I’ll be 27? Will my body be holding up then… I think I’ll be done when I’m 22-23. Retired then I guess? If I continued 10 years from now, it’ll be tough on my body.

What will skating be like 10 years from now?

Not sure about 10 years from now but… when I’m 22-23, I’ll have evolved as a skater. Right now, there are a lot of younger skaters who are great at dancing. If they get their jumps together, our generation probably won’t be able to win! Also, the skaters the same age as me haven’t moved up to seniors yet. Once they move up, we can compete side-by-side… and I think a new quad era will come. In that era, I want to be a skater who can stand at the very top until the very end along the lines of Takahashi and Patrick.

From Cutting Edge 2013, p. 84

jjane45

On the Ice
He is probably being realistic about how much tolls his body can take from quad training. Quad axel :rolleye: yeah baby...

giulia95

Medalist
He is probably being realistic about how much tolls his body can take from quad training. Quad axel :rolleye: yeah baby...

doesn't it sound a bit shocking to talk about retirement when Yuzu's peers are still juniors?:rolleye:

I hope he's healthy and that the news about his weight are not true ... 173 cm - 53 kg = severly underweight = lost muscle mass = no stamina to complete a FS

Go YUZU!!!!!!!!:)

yude

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUpq-YdFcjc

Probably this interview and practice video was taken after 4cc because the narration said "In February" and Yuzuru had the cut above his right eye. Basically he talked about the earthquake and how he deals with it.

Two years has passed since that natural disaster occured.
More than 2000 people are still missing.

Hanaka

Rinkside
This boy is carrying a lot of things on his shoulders. Not only pressure as a medal contender, but also expectations to be "Hope" of Tohoku and expetations to be a role model who overcomes difficulties. In the video ser22 posted in #1140 he talks about how he handles these pressure and expectations.
I heard he will appear in a textbook of morals and ethics for junior highschool students in the next school year.