Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 601 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I'm sure his 4lz will be thing of beauty. but I doubt he'll get stable 4lz next season.. Acquiring new quad when you're not young anymore is very difficult. I think there are huge gap between starting senior competiton with 4lz,4f and uping tech each season.
I think he will not add 4lz unless the jump is more stable than 4lo or 4s next season. maybe after 18 for his own goals.
And about Fed matters, in men's field, tech is very connected with pcs, so I don't care much.

I think it'd be best for Yuzu to add 4Lz as soon as possible, at 4CC or WC. That's in case he wants to execute it at Olympics. If he includes it next season it's more risky. Olympics are coming and you need a stable program in terms of your abilities to execute the content and no need of making changes to a program. So you could build up your confidence.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Darling I said none of the things you said. Don't put words into my mouth. :laugh: if you understand the power rankings of big federations, you wouldn't say that. :roll5: my only understanding is that Yuzuru should add 4lz this or next season. And many people know he is practicing 4lz seriously.

Oh sure I'm not a part of some "understanding" insiders who know everything about judging system and packing order, or other elite groups :laugh: But it's been getting funny. Reality seems different.
If that's all about putting 4Lz I don't see the problem. That's Yuzuru's deal. It's his responsibility to land it. What's the problem with Fed's support then? Explain to schupid people please.

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I'm sure his 4lz will be thing of beauty. but I doubt he'll get stable 4lz next season.. Acquiring new quad when you're not young anymore is very difficult. I think there are huge gap between starting senior competiton with 4lz,4f and uping tech each season.
I think he will not add 4lz unless the jump is more stable than 4lo or 4s next season. maybe after 18 for his own goals.
And about Fed matters, in men's field, tech is very connected with pcs, so I don't care much.

I think he should land that quad loop the way he lands them on practices, He hasn't landed any perfect ones yet. He might not even need that lz as long as he is consistent with current layout but who knows, in case lz is needed he will bring. Also knowing his character, he will bring the lutz only if it is super consistent, because he is very proud , Nathan /Boyang already have it consistent so :laugh: Lo was ok as he is the only to land it , so he can take not perfect one, Lz will be matter of pride.:laugh:
Honestly he knows better than everyone how to do and what to do, and I am again going back to his decision on 4lo , I have full trust in his thinking.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh sure I'm not a part of some "understanding" insiders who know everything about judging system and packing order, or other elite groups :laugh: But it's been getting funny. Reality seems different.
If that's all about putting 4Lz I don't see the problem. That's Yuzuru's deal. It's his responsibility to land it. What's the problem with Fed's support then? Explain to schupid people please.
The thing is I never said that JSF should support Yuzuru this or that, it's you who elaborated it :handw: My words were that I highly doubt they do and could.
Yuzuru already has the highest score in history, once judges give him that, they can not back down. So the biggest challenge for Yuzuru is not the federation, it's the layout. He should add 4lz for Olympic season.
Adding 4lz will aslo help with the repeat issue he had with 4S3T in the second half. So strategically, 4lz helps a lot.
But I do believe it's the 4Lo will be his biggest strength.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker

Politicking is a thing, especially in judged sport. Look at the korean juniors vs Japanese/russian juniors, judges are merciless on the koreans but pretty much lenient on the top japanese/russian juniors. That said, I don't think it is Yuzuru's problem though? He is the top guy from a strong fed, 1st in world standing and the world record holder. He just need to... land things?
Sorry but I find this paranoia from some not cute. I barely think of an instance where Yuzuru did not win when he should have? When he lost, it is because he is injured and/or did not deliver. If people actually think that he will lose because he is set aside by his Fed then lol I have no words. No. He will lose because he can't land things, like all the other times when he lost.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I think he should land that quad loop the way he lands them on practices, He hasn't landed any perfect ones yet.

This is so true. We've seen some beauties in practice but come the actual program, he has issues. This season what counts is to perfect it so that it's 'just another quad' or in other words, that it gains the quality and ease of the 4S and the 4T. Whether he ends up using the 4Lz or not, he needs to have that 4Lo down as perfectly as possible.

mcq

Record Breaker
^^^ so he is right when he told Orser that he needs to concentrate on the jumps first :biggrin:

100% yes :biggrin:
Actually, I don't know what they talked about during that meeting but Orser's demeanor about the quad chase seem to change a lot too. Before he seemed reluctant and not excited but now he seems not against the idea of yuzuru doing 4lz 4A or the shenanigans. Aside of yuzu, he is talking about how jun hwan should be doing 2 quads in LP by junior worlds and how next season he could be adding 4Lo and 4T. The only question mark left of all this is of course, health :hopelessness:

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Yuzu now: 4T, 4S, 4Lo
Yuzu later: 4Lz, 4A(???) and maybe he will also try 4F

That's basically all the jumps hahaha :laugh:

liv

Record Breaker
I wish yuzu could just try the 4Lz in competition too, just to get experience this year with it, but he will not. The young ones land a new quad jump and then right away add it, but he has so much more on the line at this point in his career. Think of all the heavy falls Nathan took earlier thus season putting in all the quads, and now he can land them all, as well as really improving his 3a.... he is now technically set with a year to work on pcs. I keep thinking that if yuzu nails his 4Lp and the current layout he will be fine, but I have a feeling nathan's pcs are going to really go up astronomically.... if not this year, then definitely next year. 4cc will be very interesting to see what the judges are thinking.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Oh My Yuzu! even without the 4F, I think he will be still be have the most numbers of quads :luv17: but now nathan has the record

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I was searching for the interview done after Sochi or a couple of years ago where he was asked who he thinks will be his main rivals at next Olympic. I think he said something like it was too early to tell and that maybe some of the rivals were not appearing yet. He was right, some are only appearing now.

Instead I found this Mainichi interview 10th April 2014
Question: Your status with a different quad?
Yuzu: Beginning this rest period, I will begin to challenge it. There are still many exhibitions, and my practice time has been affected, so I haven’t begun to seriously practice it yet. Because it hasn’t yet been shown in an actual competition, maybe not a lot of people know, but in reality there are quite a few competitors that have landed a quad loop, or quad lutz in practice. I have to remember this, and prepare myself for a time that will perhaps change. Jumps are crucial, but in expressive ability, there is also work to be had.

To me Yuzu is a combination of Steve Jobs, Ayrton Senna and Micheal Jackson :yes:....leadership, visionary, competitiveness and perfectionism.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
Instead I found this Mainichi interview 10th April 2014
Question: Your status with a different quad?
Yuzu: Beginning this rest period, I will begin to challenge it. There are still many exhibitions, and my practice time has been affected, so I haven’t begun to seriously practice it yet. Because it hasn’t yet been shown in an actual competition, maybe not a lot of people know, but in reality there are quite a few competitors that have landed a quad loop, or quad lutz in practice. I have to remember this, and prepare myself for a time that will perhaps change. Jumps are crucial, but in expressive ability, there is also work to be had.

this part from the interview
Q: Do you have the thought that you want to be the first ever to make a jump?
A: How should I say it? It’s hard to put into words. It’s not that I don’t want to jump, but it hasn’t developed to that point. I don’t want to merely perform a certain jump in a competition to get put down as a record. As long as one person succeeds, everything will change, and all I want is to be able to keep up with that change as well. And in addition, not only with jumps, I feel that being able to express your inner emotions like Machida does will become more and more important.
basically is how he was with the 4lo and how he will be with the 4lz. If the quality is not there + if he can't do it out of steps I doubt we will see any.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is so true. We've seen some beauties in practice but come the actual program, he has issues. This season what counts is to perfect it so that it's 'just another quad' or in other words, that it gains the quality and ease of the 4S and the 4T. Whether he ends up using the 4Lz or not, he needs to have that 4Lo down as perfectly as possible.
Let's calculate his layout by this http://fisk8-score-calc.herokuapp.com
With 4Lo3T (if he put it in) his BV will be around 104.65
With 4lz, his Bv will be around 109.83
(Level 4 in everything)

seimei

On the Ice
Sometimes I think,although he will never have the most numbers of quads or the most consistent quads, but personally want to see each different textbook goe+3 quads at once:biggrin:

Anyway, thinking future thing is tiring after all. #Everything's eventual:drama:
I appreciate his complishment and other's too. maybe it's gonna difficult for him to win
each competitions, but support him whatever.

teeannroo

On the Ice
Ahhh the quad race :eek:hwell: - I'm worried about Nathan, he seems to be catching up with Yuzuru's tech score at a crazy pace. He might be a big challenger at Peongchang

Status
Not open for further replies.