Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

unico

Final Flight
@RantingSkater, Li'Kitsu

I really didn't want to add more fuel to this fire, but I really don't see how this thread is really that negative..? I feel like I'm reading something completely different.

It may be a few negative comment can outweigh 100 positive ones, but I honestly think the consensus is "we'll wait until the program to see it, but here's what we think of it based on the news reports that we've seen that show us glimpses into the layout, the music cuts, and the general 'feel' of the program". It's true that we don't know the entire program yet, but we've seem parts of it and where it stands right now. And that's all we can comment on until we see more of it. Genuine question, do you think we should have been quiet about the program until Finlandia? I think this is where people's opinions might differ.

People might question the layout because 3 quads is of course a challenge. Hanyu challenges himself all the time, we all have seen his crazy layout from last year, but because this is a NEW challenge of course there will be some concerns (with injuries or stamina or whatever). Where are his limits? How far will he go until he matures to his peak? Nobody knows, he's just 19. That's why there are some questioners and other people who are optimistic. We know talking about his choices with music and layout won't change anything that he does (and I think most people here like that he's skating music that he REALLY wanted to regardless if they enjoy POTO or not), but does that mean we can't discuss it? It's not negativity for the sake of negativity, and it's not pointless, nobody's opinions here are "pointless". Unless if you mean "pointless" in the sense that our discussion has no bearing on Hanyu (which it shouldn't), in which case, this entire forum is pointless.

I understand what you mean by "tiresome" because it's essentially the same points being brought up again and again, but I think it's dismissive of other fans' opinions to tell them to stop... And the point of the Fan Fest is discussion between fans. And more so than that, I think most people have moved on from their knee-jerk reaction to the music/layout and by now we've all accepted it anyway and are trying to be positive while we wait for more news (discussing costumes, Pooh, whatever).

I think treeloving mentioned the word "worshipping" because RantingSkater, the way you phrased your initial post did not invite any discussion at all about the program, simply that because we're fans we should be happy with everything he chooses to do.

Hopefully my last post on this topic... We keep going around in circles.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
personally I usually just get sick on merry-go-rounds and try to avoid them...

:laugh: why do I always LOL at your comments?
I dunno, but I'll take it as a compliment :laugh:
I at least try to be mildly funny from time to time, since I have rarely anything useful to say anyway :p I gotta work with what I've got here!
Case in point:

Yuzu cookie
fan art compilations
Pilates gif (feat. funny faces)
more funny faces
Anyone ever notice that as much as he obviously likes to ruffle little kids' hair, he doesn't seem to be a big fan of, um, being ruffled.(that sentence sounded a lot better in my head) Not a big fan of being grabbed by the neck either (holding hands doesn't seem to be a problem, though)

unico

Final Flight
On a completely different note, if any of you guys are interested in figure skating fanart, there's a drawing event going on in japanese twitter 'verse called #スケーター練習着スケッチ月間 or "Skater Practice Clothing Sketch Month". Mostly drawings of Hanyu :laugh: but my favourite so far is actually one of Joubert and Brezina :love:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23スケーター練習着スケッチ月間&src=hash&mode=photos

EDIT: Kimi always does really cute Hanyu fanart, I love this one of Hana wa Saku.

annca

On the Ice
if you view this thread as negative, i wonder how you guys will view the edge... hehehe

we usually use this thread to defend him from those naysayers/ who negatively criticizes out there. and its not nice to be judged as one of them here.

geez...we all practically have the same sentiments here... we care for yuzu. :)

and with that... i apologize for reacting when the POTO music was announced, and for making fun of his future costume even though i still havent seen it. we were just joking around, sorry to make you guys feel bad :)

MAKE PEACE NOT WAR! :rock: on!

@echotpe thank you for the article :yay:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
(Warning ahead: maybe don't read if you're already annoyed with the discussion about this thread...)

@shingalas

You have actually said a lot of points I'd make myself against some of the comments I disliked here.
To answer your questions: yes, a good part of this thread reads that negatively to me. Again, I refer to the way people have been talking about the layout more than the music choice. (I don't really want to bring up specific quotes, that feels like pointing the finger at a single member since at this point it's already a general discussion.)
For your question about the program: of course it's okay to talk about the snippets of program we have so far, or about the music choice in general. Though the how you say things is again as important as what you say... but that's getting to long.

Repeating again and again that 'people like Hanyu and care for him' doesn't make the presumptuous complaints about his layout any better. It's only belittling him to act as if we knew any better than him what he can handle or not, at least until we have at least seen him attempt said layout at least once (and even once would be far from enough). And especially since the same thing happened last year and Yuzu proved people wrong. (And don't even get me started on the 'as long as he wins he might not care if he falls' - given Yuzurus personality, that's an awful thing to say about him).

The thing is, the 'everyone's allowed any kind of opinion and can word that as often/how he/she wants'-argument is true, but a double edged no gainer. It's just as much my opinion that people should chill out instead of getting into knee-jerk reaction #237. But as you said, we keep going around in circles. I mainly wanted to tell RantingSkater to take a look at the fan forum, I'll just troll myself out of this thread again.

And annca... I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I've followed this thread since page 1 too, and I know full well how many naysayers are running around on GS (concerning a lot of skaters, not just Yuzu). Some of the worst arguments have been here instead of The Edge, and I don't really see how The Edge is supposedly so much worse right now compared to here.
There's also the past history of stripper-Yuzuru now being cash-cowed by the evil Canadian tag team of Borser and Dilson deliberately giving him bad programs while the little brat is being ungrateful for leaving Nanami and Japan. Additionally talk about his 'insane jumping obsession' because people know better what he should train than him, or even some Dai-Yuzu arguments included. That's probably been mainly different posters, but reading the same posts as last off-season again is just as tiresome.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
While it could be really uncomfortable on ice, I love it *.*

I don't think that the actual costume should keep this exact design but color-wise it could be amazing. The top part could be kept, the coat-tail could be cut shorter and the pants could be black though I'd keep them red. I just really love it.:love:

@echotpe- we posted it simultaneously! :laugh: Do you like it?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
did I just smell the word "dashing" in the air? :love: ok, that one I could go for
(with a lot more bling, of course, but that goes without saying since it's kinda my default state for, well, pretty much everything)
Look, it is already all red- do you really need more bling? I think I'd go blind during the warm-ups and will be able to follow Yuzuru solely.:laugh: Which is not that bad.;)