Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Kalina

On the Ice
According to the Olympic site, Yuzuru is planning 3A+2A+SEQ, instead of his usual 3A+2T combination
http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-skating-men-free-skating
(Click the + next to the names to see planned jumps/elements)

If I figured it correctly, that's an increase of 1.34 in base value?

Looks like he's going for MAXIMUM PRESSURE on Chan... who also has the misfortune to skate immediately after Yuzuru - he'll already be on the ice with just a minute to go, when Hanyu's score is announced. If it's big and/or the audience explodes... he may not have time to calm himself.

By the way, what stops Yuzuru doing 3A + 3A + Seq? (Because we KNOW he can do that - he frequently treats the fans to 4T + 3A + 3A after competitions!)

I presume rules prevent another 3A, even as +SEQ? Or is he simply not risking negative GOE?

If he did 3A+3A he would zayak, because he already does 3A+3T before that. He can repeat as many doubles as he wants though.
Strange that he's going for 3A+2A, he can do it for sure but nobody has mentioned it so far... maybe he hasn't been doing it in the practice sessions?

phaeljones

On the Ice
Yesterday, after such an uber-awesome skate by Yuzuru, it was kind of nice to see that Pooh Bear (albeit plastic-wrapped and delivered via air-trajectory onto the ice by a fan) made it into the kiss and cry.

GO YUZURU!!!!!!!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, the Return of the Pooh! That was classic Yuzuru! He will always come back. Very few presents on the ice in general. Having gazillions of Flower Girls that have nothing to do....meh.

LRK

Record Breaker
If he did 3A+3A he would zayak, because he already does 3A+3T before that. He can repeat as many doubles as he wants though.
Strange that he's going for 3A+2A, he can do it for sure but nobody has mentioned it so far... maybe he hasn't been doing it in the practice sessions?

Just to note that that is not quite correct - you can zayak on 2As as well.... ask Plushy at Russian Nationals. (He did three 2As.)

But I also wanted to say - good luck to Yuzuru today! I hope he goes out and nails everything!

KAPIYUZURU

Spectator
Well, in the end Yuzuru won the Gold, 1st male japanese to do it :D I'm so proud of him. Congratulations from Spain :clap:

Becki

Medalist
Congratulations to Yuzuru Hanyu, Olympic Champion!

Yeaaaaa!!

I am so proud to be his fan! A couple years of ago, he was considered an "unknown" but I was mesmerized by his performances. Can't believe he's not going to be a mega superstar and national hero in Japan!! It's such so unbelievable. I am so happy I never gave up on him!!!!!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
CONGRATULATIONS!
He made it! He looked so nervous, he was under so much pressure, but I'm so happy with the result. It wasn't his best program, those mistakes ruined a bit the amazing Romeo and Juliet program I used to love, but who cares right now? :laugh: He is the olympic champion and that huge smile on his face is, for me, the greatest image from this OG so far. I hope at the WC the 4S will be perfect.

And, finally, congratulation to Mr. Orser!

giulia95

Medalist
Yuzuru, you are a pure genius and an amazing fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::bow::bow:

So happy coach Pooh was at the bords today!!!:)

The dream of the little mushroomhead kid has come true! Plushy was correct in 2012, you were the one to beat in Sochi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOO YUZUUUUUUUUUUU!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
After Yuzuru's program I was so sad, but I kinda believed the title isn't lost. I mean, the whole Chan's program I was like "fall, fall, please fall" :eek:: I lived this competition so intensively. :laugh: I can't sleep right now.

Before the OG everyone was talking about Chan, Fernandez, Plushenko, Takahashi and I just couldn't believe no one noticed Yuzuru had a world record at the SP and amazing performances the whole season. :rolleye: Now he seems to be the favorite one for the gold at the WC.

Lunna

On the Ice
Congrats, Yuzuru! Not the best performance of the season so far, but he fought through it (saved that second 3A) But now I want a clean programme at Worlds)))
And pleeeeeeeeeeeeese if someone has video with Yuzuru when he knew he's a champion upload it somewhere! :bow::bow::bow:

treeloving

Medalist
Congrats to Yuzuru, when I watch you for the first time at junior grand prix, I know that one day you will be great skater and might even win olympic - I really can't believe this will come so soon. Your progress in this four years is incredible and it really a pleasure for me to watch you grow as a skate and person. You have been through so much and have always been a great fighter, hard workers, polite and modest person in every situation.

I'm so proud to be your fan and I don't think anyone else can make me feel this proud to support. Thank you very much for being so adorable these past four year.

Now just only little things to ask, since you have already won OGM, now please be relax more and skate more for your own enjoyment!

p.s. Credited to all his coaching teams as well especially Nanami Abe, who take a large part in growing him to be the skater he is today.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuzu! A great accomplishment for him and for his Country! :)

giulia95

Medalist
Congrats to Yuzuru, when I watch you for the first time at junior grand prix, I know that one day you will be great skater and might even win olympic - I really can't believe this will come so soon. Your progress in this four years is incredible and it really a pleasure for me to watch you grow as a skate and person. You have been through so much and have always been a great fighter, hard workers, polite and modest person in every situation.
I'm so proud to be your fan and I don't think anyone else can make me feel this proud to support. Thank you very much for being so adorable these past four year.

Now just only little things to ask, since you have already won OGM, now please be relax more and skate more for your own enjoyment!

p.s. Credited to all his coaching teams as well especially Nanami Abe, who take a large part in growing him to be the skater he is today.

:agree:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

I would've appreciated a live feed to Nanami. So curious what she would have to say. Congrats Yuzuru! Surely not the way you wanted it, but certainly deserved! Don't blame yourself, when others make mistakes.