Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 764 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcq

Record Breaker
If Kolyada wants to compete against Yuzuru, he would be even happier to be able to compete against him twice than once.

Apparently according to someone from Kolyada's GS thread, by "waiting for Hanyu's decision" not necessarily meant that he will wait which GP Hanyu would pick. But he meant whether Hanyu would decide to join GP series at all (due to his health condition), since if Hanyu pass GP, Kolyada would be in 1-3 seed instead of 4-6 seed. From this it seems it has nothing to do with if he wants to compete against Hanyu/avoid him at all. :biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Just wanted to post this. And Ouch! Yuzu missing GP series would be a painful news to hear. But health comes first. Whatever he decides is best for him.:yes:
Apparently according to someone from Kolyada's GS thread, by "waiting for Hanyu's decision" not necessarily meant that he will wait which GP Hanyu would pick. But he meant whether Hanyu would decide to join GP series at all (due to his health condition), since if Hanyu pass GP, Kolyada would be in 1-3 seed instead of 4-6 seed. From this it seems it has nothing to do with if he wants to compete against Hanyu/avoid him at all. :biggrin:

gsyzf

Medalist

It does have something to do with if Kolyada wants to compete or avoid Yuzuru.
If Kolyada wants to avoid Yuzuru, then he will choose coc if Yuzuru competes and choose NHK if Yuzuru doesn't compete because he can't compete in the same competition as Boyang if he becomes the no. 3 seed. If Kolyada doesn't want to avoid Yuzuru, then he will choose NHK if Yuzuru competes and choose NHK if Yuzuru skips the GP because he can't choose coc. In this case, he wouldn't need to wait for Yuzuru's decision at all.

In summary:
If Kolyada wants to compete against Yuzuru, he will choose NHK whether or not Yuzuru does the GP. He doesn't need to wait for Yuzuru's decision.
If Kolyada wants to avoid Yuzuru, he will choose coc if Yuzu competes and choose NHK if Yuzu doesn't compete in the GP. So he would need to wait for Yuzuru's decision.

Now it looks like Kolyada wants to avoid Yuzuru.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
Just wanted to post this. And Ouch! Yuzu missing GP series would be a painful news to hear. But health comes first. Whatever he decides is best for him.:yes:

Considering he has already started skating now, means he still has 4 full months until the first GP. If JSF could lobby for a latter GP like CoR or TEB, he would have more or less 4,5 months to prepare. I would not give up hope that he would pass GP yet :biggrin:
He should be able to start learning his program soon even though he is yet to jump/spin right? He can skip the jumps+spins and just learning the steps etc first. :agree:

It does. If Kolyada wants to avoid Yuzuru, then he will choose coc if Yuzuru competes and choose NHK if Yuzuru doesn't compete because he can't compete in the same competition as Boyang if Yuzuru skips the GP. If Kolyada doesn't want to avoid Yuzuru, then he will choose NHK if Yuzuru competes and chooses NHK if Yuzuru skips the GP because he can't choose coc. In this case, he wouldn't need to wait for Yuzuru's decision at all.

In summary:
If Kolyada wants to compete against Yuzuru, he will choose NHK whether or not Yuzuru does the GP. He doesn't need to wait for Yuzuru's decision.
If Kolyada wants to avoid Yuzuru, he will choose coc if Yuzu competes and choose NHK if Yuzu doesn't compete in the GP. So he would need to wait for Yuzuru's decision.

Now it looks like Kolyada wants to avoid Yuzuru.

Yeah, i think you are right. You meant he would prefer to go CoC and face Boyang than NHK to face Yuzuru if Yuzuru were to go to GP, right?
P.S : Either way he would still have to face either Javier or Yuzuru. And if Yuzuru skips GP, NHK probably would host-pick Shoma and it is not like he is an easy opponent too.

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
Considering he has already started skating now, means he still has 3 full months until the first GP. If JSF could lobby for a latter GP like CoR or TEB, he would have more or less 3,5 months to prepare. I would not give up hope that he would pass GP yet :biggrin:
He should be able to start learning his program soon even though he is yet to jump/spin right? He can skip the jumps+spins and just learning the steps etc first. :agree:

The first GP Skate America is at the end of October. Yuzu would have 4 months to prepare. He is more likely to skip the senior B.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

I almost fell off my chair reading this LOL, it would be painful indeed.

mcq

Record Breaker
The first GP Skate America is at the end of October. Yuzu would have 4 months to prepare. He is more likely to skip the senior B.

Haha, you are right! I already count this month as July :drama:
This means if he gets latter GP he would have 4.5 months, so I would not give up hope of him joining GP at all :biggrin:

gsyzf

Medalist
Yeah, i think you are right. You meant he would prefer to go CoC and face Boyang than NHK to face Yuzuru if Yuzuru were to go to GP, right?
P.S : Either way he would still have to face either Javier or Yuzuru. And if Yuzuru skips GP, NHK probably would host-pick Shoma and it is not like he is an easy opponent too.

Yes, I meant Kolyada prefers to compete against Boyang than Yuzu in his 2nd GP if Yuzu does compete in the GP. Kolyada has no control over which one of Javier, Boyang or Yuzuru will be invited to COR anyway. The best he can do for himself is choose which skater he would like to compete with in the 2nd GP since Boyang and Yuzu are host picks of COC and NHK by default.

--------
ETA:

The grand prix assignments might look like this:
Yuzuru: COR, NHK
Javier: SC, TEB
Boyang: SA, COC
Patrick: SC, TEB
Kolyada: COR, COC
Rippon: SA, NHK

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
Yes, I meant Kolyada prefers to compete against Boyang than Yuzu in his 2nd GP if Yuzu does compete in the GP. Kolyada has no control over which one of Javier, Boyang or Yuzuru will be invited to COR anyway. The best he can do for himself is choose which skater he would like to compete with in the 2nd GP since Boyang and Yuzu are host picks of COC and NHK by default.

--------
ETA:

The grand prix assignments might look like this:
Yuzuru: COR, NHK
Javier: SC, TEB
Boyang: SA, COC
Patrick: SC, TEB
Kolyada: COR, COC
Rippon: SA, NHK

I have the exact same prediction except I predict Javi would go to SA and Jin would go to SC instead. :biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
In his recent interview Kolyada said he admires Boyang jumping skills. So perhaps it is not about avoiding Yuzuru at all, eh? Why do you make it sound like he fears Yuzuru?:con3:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
In his recent interview Kolyada said he admires Boyang jumping skills. So perhaps it is not about avoiding Yuzuru at all, eh? Why do you make it sound like he fears Yuzuru?:con3:

who are you talking to? maybe you should quote the person.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Strange assumptions from Rus Fed, I don't think they know something about Yuzu's condition is he going to skip GPs or not. Also even if he is going to skip, they will not announce it now, they will keep him in list and make wd decision by September or October. I don't remember if JSF ever announced that their skater is missing GP this early.

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
I have the exact same prediction except I predict Javi would go to SA and Jin would go to SC instead. :biggrin:

Boyang and Javier are interchangeable. It depends on which one of sa or sc has more bargaining power. I've always thought USA is more powerful than canada, so sa will get to invite boyang. :biggrin:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Strange assumptions from Rus Fed, I don't think they know something about Yuzu's condition is he going to skip GPs or not. Also even if he is going to skip, they will not announce it now, they will keep him in list and make wd decision by September or October. I don't remember if JSF ever announced that their skater is missing GP this early.

I never heard anyone from the Rus Fed say that. I think that's what over-zealous fans read into Kolyada's words. He just said his choice depended on Yuzuru's decision - but he didn't elaborate in that interview.
And yeah, he did admire Boyang Jin's jumping ability all right. But that's beside the point.

Aestheticprawn

On the Ice
My prediction is SA and NHK. I think the ISU will send him back to America because of how many people came all the way just to see him.

gsyzf

Medalist

I don't think kolyada fears yuzuru. But competing against yuzuru lowers his chance of qualifying for the final. If he admires boyang's jumping skill, he should admire yuzu's jumping skill even more because Yuzu is a much better jumper than boyang. If he chooses boyang over Yuzu, it means he wants to avoid Yuzu, more than he admires boyang's jumping skill so much that he wants to compete with boyang.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
It's likely not even about Kolyada's personal likes and fears but about what the Rus Fed thinks is a better idea, and competing against a weaker opponent makes sense. Boyang and Kolyada were virtually neck-to-neck at Worlds, of course they would pick him over Yuzuru.

Status
Not open for further replies.