Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Kalina

On the Ice
R: Yuzuru Hanyu

That is a nice moment! I like the SP better than the LP, though. The rumor that Davis & White are going to help Yuzu with his Notre Dame de Pair cuts is interesting. It is sure that Charlie White's hobby is cutting music, one that he has had for some time, (several years ago he put this on his icenetwork bio), and he has obviously got the music from ND, because he got the bells cut into D&W's FD very quickly.

I wonder whether this rumor is true?

Sounds interesting! I have no idea if it is true though, I didn't hear about it until you posted it here :)
I think that the music cuts are one of the main problems of his free, too.

ser22

On the Ice
Sounds interesting! I have no idea if it is true though, I didn't hear about it until you posted it here :)
I think that the music cuts are one of the main problems of his free, too.

I have not heard of it.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
However, a better place to discuss coaches is in a specific thread for the coach, or in a thread in The Edge.
Morozov, Mishin, Camerlengo, Sato are always discussed by fans and not always with the pleasant comments for them. Blocking those fans who have critics towards the coach from the fandom is fair? I don't think so.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's not forbidden, but a better place is in The Edge, because fans of all the coaches' skaters are interested, not just fans of one particular skater or another. More people see The Edge thread than see the Fan Fest threads.

And in fact, there is now such a thread on The Edge.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?40046-Yuzuru-Hanyu-s-progress-under-Orser

I hope you will contribute to it.

IMO, Orser's career as a coach is interesting.

He coached YuNa Kim to gold, but her biggest need was freedom from paparazzi, which the Cricket Club provides, rather than coaching. After she won the Olympics she left, and the reasons why are not entirely clear.

Orser has clearly been good for Javier. I don't think there's any question.

But he wasn't particularly good for Christina Gao, who has improved leaps & bounds since she left him.
And Adam Rippon stagnated with Orser, and seems to be doing a bit better with Arutunian.

ser22

On the Ice
Congratulations!:clap:

I bought the Aoi Honou photobook. Maybe three weeks to arrive.:love:

ser22

On the Ice
HANYU SP 4T 3A - both clean, 3Lz-2T(3T). P1 watched his Pooh(tissue box cover) at the rinkside also watching Yuzuru practicing.

HANYU FS 4T(weak landing), 4S clean, most his jumps were clean, and did his last spin energetically.

HANYU(Yuzuru): I'm going to do what I can do, nothing should affect myself. I'm so happy with Javier's(FERNANDEZ) outstanding performance at Europeans.

jjane45

On the Ice
Thanks for the 4CC practice / press conference reports, ser22! Happy to see English summary from Pigeon Post Event Reports :)

I hope the recent quad successes of Javier, Kevin, and Aaron do not push Yuzuru into excessive jump training again...

zydeco88

On the Ice
I hope the recent quad successes of Javier, Kevin, and Aaron do not push Yuzuru into excessive jump training again...
Me too. He's got this tendency to get really passionate about his jumps and over-exert himself. Not to mention, he hates to lose. :no: While I love his competitive edge, he needs to stay injury-free if he wants to dominate in the future.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
He was amazing and looked so happy and smiley, laughing around in the K&C. He did really well, and I'm happy for him!

zydeco88

On the Ice
I was constantly at the edge of my seat throughout the whole thing, having witnessed all the inconsistencies the guys before him had. I was afraid being the last to skate would put lots of mental pressure on him. His spins were a bit lacking, especially the flying sit spin near the end, couldn't really maintain a good position mid-air and it had a shaky landing; he singled the Lutz (which I was quite concerned about cos according to Japanese fans, he had some troubles with his Lutz during official practice); and I could sense his nervousness throughout. But he managed to get by just fine and skate quite well. Big props to Yuzu and ofc love all his adorable smiles at the end. :)

Last edited: