Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

TeddyBear

Spectator
His LP was a bit of a disappointment for me, to be honest. In my opinion if Yan Han hadn't fallen that badly, he would have been in the second place. But he did after all, so congrats for the silver medal, Yuzu!!!

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the second time winner of silver medal of 4CC!! He wasn't clean and a little bit worried about Lutz, but I hope he will have good performances in Worlds.

Information from Japanese commentary: Yuzuru hit the door (don't know which door was) and had an injury above his right eye. That was why he had a band-aid. Be careful, Yuzuru!!

Last edited:

jjane45

On the Ice
Information from Japanese commentary: Yuzuru hit the door (don't know which door was) and had an injury above his right eye. That was why he had a band-aid. Be careful, Yuzuru!!

Thanks Yude! I know I could count on this thread for information on that band-aid!

Looks like bad LP here lit up the fire in him. Did he say something like "no more 4CC silver in the future"?

giulia95

Medalist
May be you feel comfortable watching an insanely thin and pale kid crying in the K&C, and they were not tears of joy unfortunately, I surely don’t... :cry:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Congratulations to the second time winner of silver medal of 4CC!! He wasn't clean and a little bit worried about Lutz, but I hope he will have good performances in Worlds.

He got hurt right before the performance, it's was badly swollen in the medal ceremony... Don't know if that had affected his performance after all. He didn't mention it in interviews after, that's so Yuzu...
His Luz has been unstable throughout the competetion, lack of practice probably since he was too focused on quads recently.

Last edited:

jjane45

On the Ice
He got hurt right before the performance, it's was badly swollen in the medal ceremony... Don't know if that had affected his performance after all. He didn't mention it in interviews after, that's so Yuzu...
His Luz has been unstable throughout the competition, lack of practice probably since he was too focused on quads recently.

Close up from medal ceremony, swollen indeed. :eek:

Not the performance he wanted, but better get the bad luck / bad skate out of his system here.

zydeco88

On the Ice
I don't think it affected his performance that much. It was just a minor accident. I think he was just under too much pressure and couldn't pull himself together over the disappointment of having popped his 4S, the jump that he'd landed consistently during official practices. I noticed he looked over his shoulder everytime he was about to go into the Lutzes, as if he was making sure not to run out of space. I wonder what had happened? Didn't think he had done this in the previous competitions.

Kalina

On the Ice
I noticed he looked over his shoulder everytime he was about to go into the Lutzes, as if he was making sure not to run out of space. I wonder what had happened? Didn't think he had done this in the previous competitions.

I don't think it's related, I've seen him do that before. He used to do it all the time in last season's FS, before doing his first 3Lz.

zydeco88

On the Ice
I don't think it's related, I've seen him do that before. He used to do it all the time in last season's FS, before doing his first 3Lz.
Sorry for not making it clear. I mean this season. I don't recall him having done that, at least not at Japanese Nats, NHK Trophy and GPF if my memory serves me right. Hope he improves on the accuracy of his 3Lutzes again before Worlds.

giulia95

Medalist
Sorry for not making it clear. I mean this season. I don't recall him having done that, at least not at Japanese Nats, NHK Trophy and GPF if my memory serves me right. Hope he improves on the accuracy of his 3Lutzes again before Worlds.

just another Hanyu's progress under Orser...

zydeco88

On the Ice
http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20130210k0000m050081000c.html
A brief summary of what he said in the interview: "I hope to amend the mistakes I've had here in the next competition. I'm glad that this was not Worlds Championships. Failing on my 4S attempt took a toll on my concentration. But I haven't lost my confidence yet (going into Worlds)."
He must've been very disappointed with his 4S failed attempt. I guess it sort of served as a confidence booster for him, having landed it cleanly and consistently during practices. Such a pity. Good luck and do your best at the next competition, Yuzu!

merleice

Rinkside
Thanks for the summary! Pity about the errors at this competition, but here's hoping for two clean programmes with a perfect 4S at Worlds. His 4S is so beautiful when he nails it:love:

Now to wait for the gala, hopefully Yuzu will perform Hana ni nare :D

FTnoona

Final Flight
just another Hanyu's progress under Orser...

He's had trouble in the past with the lutz, rotating it crooked in the air and popping it from time to time - '10 NHK SP, '11 4CC FS, '12 Worlds SP. With the added tech difficulty and concentration of the 4S attempts, he might be too tired to actually pull of the last lutz.

Progress can go forwards and backwards, and I think the fact that he is still lipping is something to worry about more than his occasional failed lutz and it is getting called more often this season - that's potential +1, +2 GOE that he's losing. Even with the wrong edge, his flip is a beautiful jump, especially with the entrance that he takes into.

I think that he should switch the 4S for a 4T. Sure his bv is going to drop, but his 4T is more consistent and the GOE that he gets from that will probably make up for the lack of a 4S and the easier triple that he'll do to max his jumping passes.

zydeco88 thanks for the summary. Good for him for thinking positively that it was indeed a good thing that this happened at 4CC and not at worlds.

jjane45

On the Ice
I think that he should switch the 4S for a 4T. Sure his bv is going to drop, but his 4T is more consistent and the GOE that he gets from that will probably make up for the lack of a 4S and the easier triple that he'll do to max his jumping passes.

I guess this is an option! OTOH, it took him some time to get the 4T solid in competition, and we see that he has nice 4S in practices - maybe 4S just needs some more competitive mileage. He has time, just no injuries please.

sampaguita

Rinkside

Is he allowed to do two solo 4T's? I've never seen any skater do two identical solo jumps in the freeskate.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Is he allowed to do two solo 4T's? I've never seen any skater do two identical solo jumps in the freeskate.

Sorry for not making it clear. he would have to do it in a combo b/c he would lose points on two solo 4Ts and if he kept all three of his combos he'd do too many combos and one wouldn't count. He'd lose his 3Lz combo and replace it with a 3S. That's probably gonna take 5ish points off his bv, but he will probably have a better chance at completing a program with two quad toes.

However, Yuzu doesn't seem like someone to give up and I think he's determined to land that 4S :biggrin:

Last edited: